PDA

View Full Version : ddm tuning $30 hids!

Bet On Black
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
i got a set for me and my bro's 8th gen civic. they're both 35w 6k. some people said that the ddm 6k were pretty blue, but mine dont seem blue at all.
tell me what you think of them :mbiggrin:

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt271/syacas/_MG_9893.jpg
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt271/syacas/_MG_9894.jpg
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt271/syacas/_MG_9895.jpg

Sucka
03-22-2010, 08:24 PM
time to upgrade and get projectors!

hkrayingboyz
03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Apexcone Raptor HID Kit (35w or 55w) is selling for 25$. I just brought it with H4 with hi/lo beam for 40$. Not bad for both high and low beam. DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast (35W or 55W) is for 40$.

Just want to make sure. Ep3 02-03 is H4 or 9003 right? Can anyone make sure that is right or not because I brought it already.

ShadowEP3
03-22-2010, 08:47 PM
^yes youre right H4 for 02/03s..to be honest most people who got the Hi/Lo kit from DDM said they saw little to no difference in the Hi's/Lo's (well from what ive heard)

the older 6k DDM kits are blue..the new kits are more white.
the 5k ones i got are the OEM white i was looking for :mbiggrin:

hkrayingboyz
03-22-2010, 08:54 PM
I guess i waste of 15$ for nothing? But 8000k is the aqua blue one right? Because right now all my T10 bulb are LED White which look blue that why I want to get the H4 in 8000k to match with them.

Bet On Black
03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
time to upgrade and get projectors!

in time, sucka lol

hkrayingboyz
03-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Btw guys, is it me or does all the Ep3 headlight aim up not on the road? It feel that both of my headlight is aiming straight in front instead of the road.

Sucka
03-22-2010, 09:19 PM
in time, sucka lol

hahah ok you'll enjoy it more.

ShadowEP3
03-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Btw guys, is it me or does all the Ep3 headlight aim up not on the road? It feel that both of my headlight is aiming straight in front instead of the road.

i thought my EP was the only one that does this..lol
for some reason they do..i havent had time to play with the headlight ill probably do it next week for spring break.

hkrayingboyz
03-22-2010, 11:09 PM
i thought my EP was the only one that does this..lol
for some reason they do..i havent had time to play with the headlight ill probably do it next week for spring break.

So I wasnt the only one. When I was typing that, I was scare that I was the only one and being stupid to type it. At least I feel much better that I wasnt the only one. That why I have to install a foglight to make sure I can see the ground. I think I have a plan on how to lower the headlight as in the whole thing cuz you cant really adjust just the light bulb so Im thinking to put some spacer between the screw on top of the headlight and the engine bay frame. That what I think will lower the angle of the light but the problem I have is that might make a grip between the bumper or the hood. Gonna figure that out on either Friday or something.

ShadowEP3
03-22-2010, 11:18 PM
So I wasnt the only one. When I was typing that, I was scare that I was the only one and being stupid to type it. At least I feel much better that I wasnt the only one. That why I have to install a foglight to make sure I can see the ground. I think I have a plan on how to lower the headlight as in the whole thing cuz you cant really adjust just the light bulb so Im thinking to put some spacer between the screw on top of the headlight and the engine bay frame. That what I think will lower the angle of the light but the problem I have is that might make a grip between the bumper or the hood. Gonna figure that out on either Friday or something.

i thought you could adjust the height of the light output with the screw behind the headlight?

either way ima be playing around with it to make sure its actually hitting the road..hell ill do it tomorrow after finals.
if i get any results ill be sure to post up.

03civichatch
03-23-2010, 07:11 AM
ya i just bought mine too.... i got the 8k kit with hi and low

Bet On Black
03-23-2010, 08:14 AM
hahah ok you'll enjoy it more.

haha so will the people driving in front of me

403ep3
03-23-2010, 09:40 AM
i thought you could adjust the height of the light output with the screw behind the headlight?

either way ima be playing around with it to make sure its actually hitting the road..hell ill do it tomorrow after finals.
if i get any results ill be sure to post up.

Let me know how you do this too. mine is pointing high as well. TIA

the JigGa mAn
03-23-2010, 10:06 AM
im about to order a set, is there anything else that i need to order with this? it doesnt seem to come with much just bulbs and ballasts. not sure if thats all thats need to hook these bad boys up

403ep3
03-23-2010, 11:18 AM
im about to order a set, is there anything else that i need to order with this? it doesnt seem to come with much just bulbs and ballasts. not sure if thats all thats need to hook these bad boys up

They are pretty simple to install. All you need is the bulb and ballast

ShadowEP3
03-23-2010, 11:44 AM
WORD OF ADVICE:

do NOT touch the bulb..the color of the light will have more yellow :mcry:

Bet On Black
03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
WORD OF ADVICE:

do NOT touch the bulb..the color of the light will have more yellow :mcry:

ahh! you touched it?? i made sure not to touch it because i accidentally touched my friend's bulb(all homo) and after about 2 weeks it started flickering.

ShadowEP3
03-23-2010, 02:08 PM
:mfrown:

yeah..oh well cant do anything about it now.

after taking apart my headlight and playing with it for 3 hours..i came up with:

NOTHING :mangel:

:tehe:
i adjusted the top and bottom leveling screws
bottom tighter than before and the top one looser and the cut off lowered a bit (~1")

its a start :shrug:

hkrayingboyz
03-23-2010, 02:29 PM
:mfrown:

yeah..oh well cant do anything about it now.

after taking apart my headlight and playing with it for 3 hours..i came up with:

NOTHING :mangel:

:tehe:
i adjusted the top and bottom leveling screws
bottom tighter than before and the top one looser and the cut off lowered a bit (~1")

its a start :shrug:

Have you try to put a spacer for the screw on top? Maybe that will fix the lighting aim down.

dirtyMETHOD
03-23-2010, 02:32 PM
how long you think the cheap bulb/ballasts last? and which one is more durable for the HID kits. I live in New England and the weather get rough

ShadowEP3
03-23-2010, 03:08 PM
i added 2 thick washers to each bolt and i saw no improvement. i will be waiting thou till the nite to see if it did anything (passenger side has the washers while driver side has no washers.)

how long you think the cheap bulb/ballasts last? and which one is more durable for the HID kits. I live in New England and the weather get rough

my friends had em for roughly a year and 3 months and his are still as bright as when he first got em.

hkrayingboyz
03-23-2010, 03:11 PM
i added 2 thick washers to each bolt and i saw no improvement. i will be waiting thou till the nite to see if it did anything (passenger side has the washers while driver side has no washers.)

my friends had em for roughly a year and 3 months and his are still as bright as when he first got em.

HIDs normally can last around 2 years or even longer depend on how the driver use it.

dirtyMETHOD
03-23-2010, 03:25 PM
i guess for $40 its not bad at all. Which one is better quality out of the cheaper ones(oxymoron). I'm ready to get some.

Civic5lug
03-23-2010, 04:27 PM
not a fan of non projector HID's

ShadowEP3
03-23-2010, 07:46 PM
just took the EP around the block for a run to see the lights..wow

i adjusted them too low :tehe:
guys all you need to re-aim the headlights is use the bottom leveling screw and youre set.

the JigGa mAn
03-23-2010, 09:39 PM
just ordered
APEXCONE RAPTOR HID KIT 35W h4..cant wait!

hkrayingboyz
03-23-2010, 09:51 PM

guys all you need to re-aim the headlights is use the bottom leveling screw and youre set.

Wow got picture of the bottom leveling screw?

just ordered

LOL. I just got a email from them and said they are out of stock for hi/lo beam H4. unless you got the low beam only for h4.
Hopefully they will be stock up this week.

the JigGa mAn
03-23-2010, 10:23 PM

LOL. I just got a email from them and said they are out of stock for hi/lo beam H4. unless you got the low beam only for h4.
Hopefully they will be stock up this week.

only lows

gtimportfanatic
03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
where u guys order the kits from. im looking for a set of high low 8000k for my car.. gimme a link if possible

hkrayingboyz
03-24-2010, 09:21 AM

just ordered

where u guys order the kits from. im looking for a set of high low 8000k for my car.. gimme a link if possible

Here is the link
http://www.ddmtuning.com/
The price varity and depend on what brand you getting and if you are getting hi/lo beam or just lo beam HIDs.

ShadowEP3
03-24-2010, 11:03 AM

ill take a pix later on today..i got school in a bit so i cant take em right now

oldschoolimport
03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I may have to snag a set of these for my XR400. the small ballast kit is what they sell for ATVs and SxSs. surely they'll work with baja lights...

hkrayingboyz
03-24-2010, 11:17 AM

just ordered

ill take a pix later on today..i got school in a bit so i cant take em right now

Thanks. Im at school too.
I need to take some picture of my ep3 and post it since i hardly post any thread in here.

Bet On Black
03-24-2010, 04:54 PM
could someone post a picture of the leveling screws on the headlights?

hkrayingboyz
03-24-2010, 05:09 PM
could someone post a picture of the leveling screws on the headlights?

Kinda asked already ShadowEP3 will post it after he getting off school. Most likely, you should check it tomorrow.

the JigGa mAn
03-24-2010, 06:24 PM
back order :(

hkrayingboyz
03-24-2010, 06:30 PM
back order :(

Im still waiting for mine cause the one I order is out of stock, it said that it will be in stock tomorrow. Hope mine is not back order.

beechstreet
03-24-2010, 06:39 PM
$30 for HIDs? damn anyone remember when they were like $400?

hkrayingboyz
03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
$30 for HIDs? damn anyone remember when they were like $400?

Yea. When I used to have another old car, was going to go HIDs but they were like shyt load of money, and now, everyone is happy.

Off topic- beechstreet is my car really look that bad with those body kit?

ShadowEP3
03-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Kinda asked already ShadowEP3 will post it after he getting off school. Most likely, you should check it tomorrow.

i re-aimed my headlights..but i forgot pictures..fml :mfrown:

anywho this picture of Depo headlights will do since they are the same as OEM headlights (use the one on the left for reference):
http://racingguys.onlinera.com/317-1128P-US2-X.jpg

as you guys can see..there are 2 screws..one toward the center and another toward the bottom corner.
the one youre gonna adjust is the one on the bottom corner (note that the OEM headlights might have a white plastic cover over the screw that you will need to remove to access the adjusting screw)

*mods feel free to remove the html..if you do can you leave the link :mangel:

ep3_civic_si
03-25-2010, 02:07 AM
i have the hi/lo raptor kits and it's marvelous. i'm running the 10k 55w which looks similar to the 6k 35w which is nice. i've had them for a few months now and their holding up great. My friend has had them for over 5 years and nothing , not even once changed out the bulbs, and he works graveyard as well so he's constantly using his lights. Also can't beat the lifetime warranty on $30 HID common guys!!.

the JigGa mAn
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Apexcone Raptor HID Kit (35w or 55w) is selling for 25$. I just brought it with H4 with hi/lo beam for 40$. Not bad for both high and low beam. DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast (35W or 55W) is for 40$.

Just want to make sure. Ep3 02-03 is H4 or 9003 right? Can anyone make sure that is right or not because I brought it already.

did you have to modify anything when installing?

dirtyMETHOD
03-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Apexcone Raptor HID Kit 55w being ordered right now.

ShadowEP3
03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
did you have to modify anything when installing?
no modification required to install the kit.

Apexcone Raptor HID Kit 55w being ordered right now.
do you have projectors??...55w will burn thru non-projector housing

dirtyMETHOD
03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
no modification required to install the kit.

do you have projectors??...55w will burn thru non-projector housing

oops, I meant 35w. Don't need more than that

403ep3
03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
i re-aimed my headlights..but i forgot pictures..fml :mfrown:

anywho this picture of Depo headlights will do since they are the same as OEM headlights (use the one on the left for reference):
http://racingguys.onlinera.com/317-1128P-US2-X.jpg

as you guys can see..there are 2 screws..one toward the center and another toward the bottom corner.
the one youre gonna adjust is the one on the bottom corner (note that the OEM headlights might have a white plastic cover over the screw that you will need to remove to access the adjusting screw)

*mods feel free to remove the html..if you do can you leave the link :mangel:

Do you just turn the screw left to lower and right to make it higher?

ShadowEP3
03-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Do you just turn the screw left to lower and right to make it higher?

you would be turning it clockwise

the JigGa mAn
03-26-2010, 09:49 AM
ugh!!! i cant wait to get them! but they wont ship out till monday!! 8( ghey!!

ShadowEP3
03-26-2010, 01:11 PM
ugh!!! i cant wait to get them! but they wont ship out till monday!! 8( ghey!!

they ship quickly..i got em 2 days after i placed my order (i ordered on a friday nite)

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Hmmm. I got a big problem. I test it from the battery to the connection and high and low beam work. And after I put everything together, the high and low beam doesnt work, all other light work. I try back the oem light for high/low beam and work fine. Does anyone has a suggestion what wrong? I double check with all the wiring and all is right for plug. Someone help?

ShadowEP3
03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
hi/lo kit?

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
hi/lo kit?

Ya. I even try them both and was working. After it was working, I disconnect both side of the battery and just place everything and put it back on and not working. Right now, both hi/lo light not working, and when I change from lo to high, I can hear the click sound which change from low to high but still no light. So i figure it might be the fuels so I try the oem one that I just took out, but the oem light is working. I check with all the plug and all is right. What could it be possible? Both lights doesnt seem to be burn out. Any suggestion?

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Actually, I just remember, I turned on the high/low beam to adjust my angle for the hid then, I disconnect and zip tie everything to make sure is in place, then plug the battery again. That when is doesnt work.

Would it be possible burnt out? (only use for like less than 30sec for testing the angle)
What other possible that wont turn on the HID? I even check like 10 times that all the plug is correct.
Fuel is not fry since the oem light work and also the fuel that come with the hardness isnt fry either cause I check.
the Blast burnt out? (but only used for 30sec)

Can someone give me suggestion on what possible why is not working?

the JigGa mAn
03-29-2010, 07:48 PM
shadow where did you put your ballasts? my kit shipped out today and im just thinking and getting things ready

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 08:03 PM
shadow where did you put your ballasts? my kit shipped out today and im just thinking and getting things ready

Which kit did you get? And did you get hi/lo beam? Let me know if they work fine with your because there is a problem with mine which I dont know what wrong.

the JigGa mAn
03-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Which kit did you get? And did you get hi/lo beam? Let me know if they work fine with your because there is a problem with mine which I dont know what wrong.

i got the apexcone raptor kit, and i didnt go with the hi/lo sorry bud, but i will let you know if everything works out fine

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 08:16 PM
i got the apexcone raptor kit, and i didnt go with the hi/lo sorry bud, but i will let you know if everything works out fine

I see. I think is either my ballast or something got fry or something. It was working fine and all i did is unplug the battery, then some of the plug to zip tie and plug the battery again and just dont work at all. I didnt even reverse the wire or anything.
Do you think if ballast is not flat on a surface, will that affect that the light is not on? Cuz that what i did to one of the ballast so I have enough room to close my hood. I might try to flat the ballast tomorrow to see if that work.

ShadowEP3
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Ya. I even try them both and was working. After it was working, I disconnect both side of the battery and just place everything and put it back on and not working. Right now, both hi/lo light not working, and when I change from lo to high, I can hear the click sound which change from low to high but still no light. So i figure it might be the fuels so I try the oem one that I just took out, but the oem light is working. I check with all the plug and all is right. What could it be possible? Both lights doesnt seem to be burn out. Any suggestion?
hmm...idk i havent played with ddm hi/lo kits..lemme see what info i can get

on empty spaces near the strut tower

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 10:08 PM
hmm...idk i havent played with ddm hi/lo kits..lemme see what info i can get

on empty spaces near the strut tower

I wasted 3 more hours and finally figure out what wrong. Stupid postive adaptor to battery was internal broke in half so there no power to it. I have to split it in order to make it work.

Just note to everyone.

High/Low beam compare to just low beam. (NO Different or just like 10% more power then low beam.) My suggestion is that dont get hi/lo beam just get lo beam would work fine.

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 10:10 PM

I put my ballasts on each side fender where behind the bolt that connect the fender to engine bay just behind the headlight cause the wire isnt long enough for me to put it in the struct tower.

ShadowEP3
03-29-2010, 10:36 PM
glad to hear you figured it out.

post some pix of the difference between hi and lo beams...for future reference to others planning on ordering

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 10:51 PM
glad to hear you figured it out.

post some pix of the difference between hi and lo beams...for future reference to others planning on ordering

I will do that tomorrow night. The reason why is because I follow your step that to adjust the angle up and down. I forgot which way I suppose to turn so I just turn one way and now I find out I turn the wrong way and try to drive around but too scare the cop will pull me over so I just when back home after a block cuz i check it with my bro car which in front of mine. It look like sh*t too bright and was on low beam too. Im 100% sure that I turn the way that move the light angle up instead of angle down. I will fix it tomorrow since Im kinda tired figuring the problem for mine.

the JigGa mAn
03-29-2010, 10:56 PM
good job finding/fixing the problem. thanks for saving ppl $10-$15 on the hi/lo kit! what does the kit come with as far as mounting hardware? zip ties,double sided tape, etc.

hkrayingboyz
03-29-2010, 11:17 PM
good job finding/fixing the problem. thanks for saving ppl $10-$15 on the hi/lo kit! what does the kit come with as far as mounting hardware? zip ties,double sided tape, etc.

zip ties double side tape and 2 stickers. That about it. basically all you do is plug and play.

BRZBandit
03-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the head up on the deal, I just ordered a set for my girlfriends fit. When I mounted my HIDs I mounted them against the bumper reinforcement bar. Keeps the engine bay looking clean.

Polish Thug
03-30-2010, 12:41 PM
I just ordered the 35w DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast today. I will snap some pics when it is all installed and done for you all to see.

hkrayingboyz
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I got some picture of the light on but from the phone look. hi.lo beam is look the same in my picture yet but to tell the truth. is about 10-15% brighter with the hi beam.

maxapak
03-30-2010, 01:21 PM
hey i just tryed my HID's on my hatch and they won't go on for some reason... everything is pluged in right all the bulbs work and ballast. everytime i turn the lights on it makes a clicking noise... when i turn on the high beam they work but the low beam HIDs will not..... ???? anyone know what is the problem to that?? and how to fix it??

ShadowEP3
03-30-2010, 01:57 PM
hey i just tryed my HID's on my hatch and they won't go on for some reason... everything is pluged in right all the bulbs work and ballast. everytime i turn the lights on it makes a clicking noise... when i turn on the high beam they work but the low beam HIDs will not..... ???? anyone know what is the problem to that?? and how to fix it??

check post #60..see if that will do it

also itd help if you can tell us the kit you bought

hkrayingboyz
03-30-2010, 02:12 PM

Umm. First the sound meant to use 12v to use teh ballast which is transformer which made the voltage higher or watt that why there a sound for clicking noise to have more power. For the 2nd part, when you use high beam, is like oem that only high beam will work and the low beam will turn off by itself since only one way power and can go either low beam or high beam. If you are confuse, you should read through everything or search before asking. But basically here is the answer for your questions.

dirtyMETHOD
03-30-2010, 07:57 PM
mine's in transit... now just wait until they get here next Monday...

maxapak
03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
i know that the high beam is oem and that only one will turn on at a time and what im saying is that everything works except for the HID wont go on.. i've tested the bulbs and the ballest out on my bike and they all work... but when i plug them in on the car they will not go on at all... I've got the one way bulbs for only low beam and I've got the two way bulbs that have the hight beam and low beam, none of them work when I hook everything up. I've got the kit from DDM tuning the raptor kit and i just bought extra 2 bulbs that have a high beam on them and none of them work on the car, but the regular H4 bulbs work

the JigGa mAn
03-31-2010, 11:04 AM
they just got here!! im afraid to install them thou! ive never done this before!

**i couldnt get them to work! plug and play my ass!!**
***was a reverse polarity issue, but now its something else***

hkrayingboyz
03-31-2010, 01:29 PM
i know that the high beam is oem and that only one will turn on at a time and what im saying is that everything works except for the HID wont go on.. i've tested the bulbs and the ballest out on my bike and they all work... but when i plug them in on the car they will not go on at all... I've got the one way bulbs for only low beam and I've got the two way bulbs that have the hight beam and low beam, none of them work when I hook everything up. I've got the kit from DDM tuning the raptor kit and i just bought extra 2 bulbs that have a high beam on them and none of them work on the car, but the regular H4 bulbs work

Have you check the reverse polarity? Like what happen to me that that you need to connect to battery piece broke in half internal, that took me forever to figure it out because I got the raptor kit hi/lo beam kit. Maybe you should split the positive side to connect to the battery to see if it happen to you like what happen to me that internal broke in 2. If you check all the polarity and work, you are either have 3 option: hid burnt out, ballast busted, or the connection to battery is internal broke. If all those didnt work, you should either call ddm tuning or something.

ShadowEP3
03-31-2010, 10:27 PM
picking up another set :msmile:

35w 3k for my fogs

the JigGa mAn
03-31-2010, 11:09 PM
i wasnt gonna take no for an answer! so i went back out tonight at midnight under a street light and tried it again. same issues were occurring! id get one to flicker and one to do nothing! THEN i finally got one to work!! YAY but the other was still not working at all not even a flicker! so i took that ballast over to the working side and plugged it into the working bulb and it worked..so that couldnt be it. so i took that ballast back over to the other side and still nothing..so i took the ballast from the fully working side and took it to the non working side..and NOTHING!! what the fuck is going on?!! then i took the non working bulb over to the working side and just plugged it in (not in headlight) and.....IT WORKED!!! so i took the bulb back over to the other side and plugged everything together and tried it ONCE again (not in headlight) and EUREKA!! it worked!!! so i rapidly put everything together (rubber weather guard) and......
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/jigg4/HID.jpg

YES! ill get better pics later after i clean her up and unhaze my headlights!

apexcone raptor 35w 6000k

Silvercard
04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
h4 Bulbs for the ep3 right?

maxapak
04-01-2010, 09:37 PM
ya ill have to look at that tom. had no time yet to look at it. But ill def. check the batter connect i think thats prolly it i hope. Thanks for the help!

ShadowEP3
04-01-2010, 09:43 PM
h4 Bulbs for the ep3 right?

yes and remember 35w for non-projector headlights

specialblend154
04-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I am trying to order a set but the site seems to be down right now. has it been down for a while or did this just happen recently??

EDIT: nevermind its up again. ordered!

dirtyMETHOD
04-02-2010, 04:49 AM
and still waiting... In the meantime, I got a Dremel tool yesterday, and will be modding my Airbox to Hondata specs and dropping in a K&N.

ShadowEP3
04-02-2010, 08:13 AM
and still waiting... In the meantime, I got a Dremel tool yesterday, and will be modding my Airbox to Hondata specs and dropping in a K&N.

keep in mind that they ship from San Diego (2 hours away from me)..itll be a little longer shipping to NE

ZoomBoy
04-02-2010, 12:15 PM
What bulb type should I get for OEM CTR projectors? D2S? Should I just get the 35W ones?

ShadowEP3
04-02-2010, 01:51 PM
you can run 55w

Silvercard
04-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Aight. Thanks

specialblend154
04-04-2010, 09:38 AM
did you guys get a confirmation email when you ordered? i placed my order on thursday night and still haven't gotten an email from them..

EDIT: uggghhh junk email folder.

dirtyMETHOD
04-04-2010, 12:16 PM
keep in mind that they ship from San Diego (2 hours away from me)..itll be a little longer shipping to NE

I'll get mine tomorrow...

BTW I finished the Hondata Modded Airbox, it is Nice.. I went a little farther than their instructions and completely shaved all the ribs from the inside, baby butt smooth and took away all the sharp edges from the corners and smoothed it out. I also took off the Snorkel tip and left only the hose, next step is getting a 3in. pipe to get the intake air from where the fog lamp should be. CAI baby.

At WOT you can hear its deeper tone, top end there's a bit more ummph than before (better throttle response, minute, but better) Not bad for household tools.

dirtyMETHOD
04-04-2010, 12:20 PM
did you guys get a confirmation email when you ordered? i placed my order on thursday night and still haven't gotten an email from them..

EDIT: uggghhh junk email folder.

i got mine (email conf) on Monday and I placed my order Thursday night so they are a bit slow. you should get something tomorrow about it.

specialblend154
04-08-2010, 02:38 PM
i got mine (email conf) on Monday and I placed my order Thursday night so they are a bit slow. you should get something tomorrow about it.

did your stuff ever come in?? i placed my order last thursday via two day air (USPS - which ships on sat) and have not seen them yet. I have tried calling them 3 times today and can't seem to get anyone on the line. I am not necessarily pressed to get them but i would like to know if they have shipped.

ShadowEP3
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM
check your email..you shoulda got 2 emails already.

i ordered mine last wednesday and they came in yesterday at noon

i love my new fogs :msmile:

LvisDin
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I have a set for my TSX projectors. Cant wait to install them (:

sirsol66
04-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I ordered a set this past weekend and they're suppose to be here on monday. Bought a set of 4500K for the ep, I'm excited!

specialblend154
04-09-2010, 03:58 PM
mine came in today and i installed them. can't wait till it gets dark!

specialblend154
04-09-2010, 07:37 PM
hey guys, i threw away my instructions and have a noob question:

I am assuming the light sheild on the bulb goes at 12 o'clock right (north)? Or does it go 6 o'clock (south)?

ZoomBoy
04-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty sure upwards.

specialblend154
04-10-2010, 02:00 PM
hmmmmm, i posed this question on the H-T EP3 thread and the only person that responded said the opposite... that the shield should be at 6 o'clock, but he wasn't 100% either. any other input??

egboy95
04-10-2010, 02:00 PM
damn lights look good i like them

ShadowEP3
04-10-2010, 04:35 PM
shield should be at 6 oclock..just checked mine

Polish Thug
04-10-2010, 07:40 PM
shield should be at 6 oclock..just checked mine

Yeah i just installed my HID's a few days ago and the shield on the bulb is at 6. I put the bulb in the same direction as the old headlight realtive to the 3 plastic prongs on the bulb.

specialblend154
04-11-2010, 08:19 AM
thanks fellas!

macadeezy
04-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Anyone else think their bulb colors are way off? I ordered the 5000k 55w and they are extremely blue. My brother ordered the same kit in a 35w, extremely blue. I bought a replacement pair from a guy locally in Houston, with a 5000k labeled tab on them and they are bright white, looks OEM in my projectors. Although I do like DDM's ballasts, I just think their color temps are off by a large margin.

hkrayingboyz
04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Anyone else think their bulb colors are way off? I ordered the 5000k 55w and they are extremely blue. My brother ordered the same kit in a 35w, extremely blue. I bought a replacement pair from a guy locally in Houston, with a 5000k labeled tab on them and they are bright white, looks OEM in my projectors. Although I do like DDM's ballasts, I just think their color temps are off by a large margin.

totally agree with you. I got myself 8000k with 35w for aqua blue or w/e color they call, and end up with bright white. I guess they color it does off by alot. possible if you get 10k, you get aqua blue the color i want?

macadeezy
04-13-2010, 02:29 PM
totally agree with you. I got myself 8000k with 35w for aqua blue or w/e color they call, and end up with bright white. I guess they color it does off by alot. possible if you get 10k, you get aqua blue the color i want?
LOL. I guess its a surprise as to what you receive. Don't even waste your time trying to contact them either about the color. I've sent five emails and left 3 voicemails about this. No response what so ever. Good ballast, crapy bulbs I guess.

specialblend154
04-13-2010, 04:15 PM
yeah, my 8k's are bright white after they have heated up. overall i am impressed though after taking price and apparent quality into the equation.

Random question: i have heard that its bad to turn off and on you HIDs quickly, is this true? should i avoid flicking my lights on and off in situations like warning people of cops ahead or attempting to tell oncoming people of road hazards ahead?

specialblend154
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
^^^^ and how is it possible that oldskoofame edited my post two years prior to me posting it??? LOL

gamma6
04-13-2010, 06:12 PM
so is there a huge difference between the hi/lo kits and the regular ones? dont feel like paying an extra 20 bucks if theres no huge difference... i am using xxr 002's funds and bought a set of yellow fogs and thinking about buying the hid kit... which brand has had the most problems? ddm or apexcone raptor?

sirsol66
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Got the kit today and I can't get it to work.

I got the single low beam one, not the low and high beam. I plugged in everything as logical (male and female plugs to each other as logical, the red/black connector to the ballast, and the two prong connector to the oem 3 prong one. Nothing happens at all when you turn on the lights, and I tried all of the different bulb/ballast combinations. Am I doing something wrong?

the JigGa mAn
04-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Got the kit today and I can't get it to work.

I got the single low beam one, not the low and high beam. I plugged in everything as logical (male and female plugs to each other as logical, the red/black connector to the ballast, and the two prong connector to the oem 3 prong one. Nothing happens at all when you turn on the lights, and I tried all of the different bulb/ballast combinations. Am I doing something wrong?

the plug that goes INTO the ballast might be reversed, take that out and flip it 180* and then try, i had this issue (reverse polarity)

the JigGa mAn
04-13-2010, 08:39 PM
LOL. I guess its a surprise as to what you receive. Don't even waste your time trying to contact them either about the color. I've sent five emails and left 3 voicemails about this. No response what so ever. Good ballast, crapy bulbs I guess.

evertime i called them when i was having install issues, i got excellent service. and when it was determined that i had a crap ballast they were quick to offer a replacement and pay for return shipping. (but ballast wasnt the issue idk what was...so i didnt need to send it back!)

ShadowEP3
04-13-2010, 09:41 PM
so is there a huge difference between the hi/lo kits and the regular ones? dont feel like paying an extra 20 bucks if theres no huge difference... i am using xxr 002's funds and bought a set of yellow fogs and thinking about buying the hid kit... which brand has had the most problems? ddm or apexcone raptor?

DDM sells the Apexcone Raptor kit..lol

i have no problems with the color i ordered (5k) i got the OEM white i wanted :shrug:

gamma6
04-13-2010, 11:11 PM
DDM sells the Apexcone Raptor kit..lol

i have no problems with the color i ordered (5k) i got the OEM white i wanted :shrug:

i know they sell it but the website carries both and i want to go the cheapest route but it seems like most ppl get problems with the raptor ones... and also the color problem too i want blue-ish one and want to avoid the hassel of not getting the right ones... info on the hi/lo compared to the regular kit???

yanniel05
04-20-2010, 04:33 AM
how long did it took to ship for you guy's i ordered last tuesday on the 12th and nothing yet?

yanniel05
04-20-2010, 09:50 AM
okay its been 10 days im getting frustrated i have 1 light out and i cant even get a tracking number from them?, im calling and no responce?

Chad
04-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Any weird issues with these thus far? Such as increased radio interference, etc? Some cheap ballasts throw out TONS of RF hash.

the JigGa mAn
04-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Any weird issues with these thus far? Such as increased radio interference, etc? Some cheap ballasts throw out TONS of RF hash.

that was one of the things i was concerned about, and i have NO radio interference!

sirsol66
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM
+1, ever since I got mine working (had to flip the pos/neg plug), I havn't had any issues. I got the 5K and they're pretty white, only blue is when they're warming up. Beam pattern is...ok. There's some random beams here and there, but happily they're all in the down direction and don't point into anyone's eyes. I drive almost exclusively in the dark (leave for work at 5 a.m., get home around 8 to 10 p.m.) and I havn't been flashed once even driving in heavily crowded streets.

yanniel05
04-29-2010, 07:09 PM
just got them like right now lol and ran took picz to post them up , they are 3000k yellow , i took the car for a spin and they do seem to point out very far , like i feel im blinding the heck out of the front car , but i dunno maybe i gotta get used to them?
sorr bout the car being dirty....

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/yanniel2005/ep3/ep3009.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/yanniel2005/ep3/ep3010.jpg

the JigGa mAn
04-29-2010, 07:13 PM
just got them like right now lol and ran took picz to post them up , they are 3000k yellow , i took the car for a spin and they do seem to point out very far , like i feel im blinding the heck out of the front car , but i dunno maybe i gotta get used to them?
sorr bout the car being dirty....

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/yanniel2005/ep3/ep3009.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/yanniel2005/ep3/ep3010.jpg

might have to aim the headlights

yanniel05
04-29-2010, 07:23 PM
the bottom corner screw right? was it turn it clock wise ? and sould i just aim towards what?, is there like a specific distance the headslight should hit the ground, or do i do it at my own taste?

dirtyMETHOD
05-03-2010, 03:48 PM
i've had these for a month+ and have had no problem. No RF crap or anyone flashing me at night. they go very far and really make a nice difference. Worth the money

onlinenow
05-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Okay kiddies, I have recently realized that no matter how much reading and research I attempt to do, I am still a n00b in life X-D

So, here it goes, I have a handful of questions before I do something stupid. I'll basically just tell you what I think I know included in the question-time:
I have 04 headlights, I believe these are different than the 02-03 because they are 2-step(?) with lo/hi, but with this kit that doesn't matter since essentially you are negating this with the initial brightness anyways. Either way, I wouldn't be getting the 9006 that would replace my factory lights, rather I would be getting the H4? May I ask what H4 is? I thought that the number related to the housing that the bulb fit or perhaps the plug-in or amperage to the light specialized to the car.

Also, I can't decide what color to get and I definitely realize this is stupid since I am the deciding factor in this but I would like to say that I wouldn't terribly mind the 12,000K since apparently it is violet; however, I have also heard that the violet bulbs will burn out quicker which I could only assume is because they burn with a brighter intensity, therefore decreasing the life expectancy of the bulb.

If I were to go out and buy them right now I would get 12,000K 9006 at 35 Watts, brand DDM. Since I am trying to NOT be the dumb ass my parents so strongly believe I am I felt like I should ask you guys since I am pretty positive you know more than I do. I have heard more about follies related to the Raptor brand and if the price difference is less than 20 dollars then it's not a purchase-related factor. If I were to get 55 Watt, I would waste my money and ruin the OEM headlights wouldn't I? If I could run the 55 Watt I would but no one else is and I am thinking the reason (from what I understood when I read) is that the 55 Watt will melt the housing.
Here is the final compromise, I would prefer violet lights unless I can get one, or more, decent rejections to the idea. I will go with maybe 8000K-10,000K (if talked out of 12,000K) and if the K-value of the bulb determines not only the colour but the longevity then I may deter my choice to a lighter shade of blue. Wouldn't the blue lights have a negative effect on the cops though? :P I don't want a ticket because my headlights are blue and the cop says I am impersonating a police officer or something. I guess I would even opt out for bright white lights but there is NO WAY on God's green Earth that I am running the yellow shade or anything close.

All in all, if me asking these questions makes me look stupid then so be it, I am pretty ignorant but this is how I am learning. For the previous statement --> I have no clue how dumb I sound with a cigarette hanging out of the corner of my mouth but I'm willing to say I feel rather dumb because I am asking questions that seem to be at a lower level than what has been asked. I am pretty sure I covered all of my questions that deal with the DNN site but for an additional boner on my part I have a real dumb question here:
Projectors.... Now isn't that another separate part that you add inside of the housing to increase the bulb's effect but not a dire part of running HID's? If I have stock headlights, I should be able to run HID's with ample results without needing the projectors (that I assume cover the bulb)? What is the difference? Sorry if I butchered the question, It's rather, what is the difference between HID and projectors (or is it just the addition of expensive-as-heck projectors?) and is it worthwhile to go for them in the long run of life?

ShadowEP3
05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
^thats one long ass post :tehe:

H4 is for 02/03s..get the 9006 kit. i assume you dont have projector headlights so get a 35w kit as a 55w will burn thru the housing..as for color completely up to you. keep in mind that police CAN pull you over for even having a non-OEM HID kit installed in your car. the higher up you go in Kelvins...the more chances of getting unwanted attention from the police..purple HIDs are an open invitation to police to pull you over

i think for the projector question you asked is that the projectors have a light cut off while regular headlights do not and scatter light everywhere blinding drivers..this is why when people have HIDs with no projectors they get the high beams thrown at them.

here are some pix so you can see the difference:
Projectors:
http://articles.dashzracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/2LHP-WRX05JM-TM-testfit-1.jpg
Non-Projectors:
http://99sportx.com/images/HID/beam.JPG

the light output is far better on projectors seeing as the light output is focused in one area instead of scattering all over the headlight

onlinenow
05-10-2010, 03:27 AM
Hey, you should be nice to me even though I had an ungodly long post seeing as how you want the hazard button I am so graciously giving away for free :P
By the way, do you feel like paying that shipping? XD

But hey man, seriously, thanks for the reply. I was slightly curious on how quick a reply would come along. Guess I know how to go now with the lights if I get them.

ShadowEP3
05-10-2010, 10:14 AM
:gheyf:

pm me a shipping quote to 91764 and well go from there

anywho good luck with what route you choose to go

Chad
05-11-2010, 09:09 AM
OnlineNow, if you go with anything more than 6K I'll call you a true ricer. Color is not everything.. keep in mind that the usable light output peaks around 4300K, up int he 10+K range you may actually be stepping backwards.

Say no to rice.

PubliusEP3
05-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Ok so I am about to pull the trigger on these but I have a few questions.
I have the 04-05 Depo ctr rep. headlights.
-Do I need X clips?
-Should I go with 35w or 55w. Oem hid kits apparently use 35w.
Any help is appreciated. anyone have the depo ctr rep. with these light throw up some pics with ur specs.!
Thanks

ShadowEP3
05-11-2010, 09:24 PM
i doubt youll need em.

id go 55w

onlinenow
05-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Taking your advice, 6K it is.

Chad
05-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Taking your advice, 6K it is.

good call. if you are gonna spend the money to get more light there's no sense in sacrificing useable output just for a cool color that annoys others.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
05-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Ok so I am about to pull the trigger on these but I have a few questions.
I have the 04-05 Depo ctr rep. headlights.
-Do I need X clips?
-Should I go with 35w or 55w. Oem hid kits apparently use 35w.
Any help is appreciated. anyone have the depo ctr rep. with these light throw up some pics with ur specs.!
Thanks

You do need x-clips i have the ddm kit 55watt H1 kit 5000k. I am also using the depo projectors

2004ep3hatch
05-13-2010, 06:38 PM
OnlineNow, if you go with anything more than 6K I'll call you a true ricer. Color is not everything.. keep in mind that the usable light output peaks around 4300K, up int he 10+K range you may actually be stepping backwards.

Say no to rice.

YEs this! 4300-5000k is good anything abouve is for show. You might as well drive with black lights on.

Chad
05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
These guys are kinda weird. I orderd them May 3, the tentative processing/ship date was about 4 days later... I was cool with that. Then i logged on monday to find out it was pushed back to yesterday. Fine, i know that they are behind, shit happens. Today i get a "UPS tracking number" that's linked to UPS but is a Fed-Ex tracking number....

WOW!

Regardless, they are shipped and arrive Saturday.

hkrayingboyz
05-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I just drop one of my 8k h4 hi/lo bulb. I dont feel like replace it. It was good until i accident drop it. I actually call them about h3 and how it fit in a halo projector. They been an ass and bs me for like 20 mins before i hag up on them. I like their product but dont like their cosumer servies. Email them, no replies forever. call them, and being an ass. I probably wont deal with ddm again.

hondaguy92129
05-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Just ordered a set today for the ep. 35w, 5k DDM tuning kit w/slim ballast and I like to run a harness just to be safe. This is my third kit from them, my mom's van has a kit (35w, 4.5k) and so did my old integra (55w, 6k. Melted my projectors btw...) and I have never had any problems with any of their kits.

I will say that their customer service is very hit or miss. Some days they are great and other days it feels like they just want you to eff off. Especially if you contact them through email their service is pretty slow. If you MUST interact with the cs reps I recommend calling, or if your close enough stopping by. I just pick up my orders since I live about 15 minutes away from their warehouse and they are usually very nice and accomodating.

EP_EJAY
05-21-2010, 05:41 AM
u get for what u pay for!

Chad
05-21-2010, 05:53 AM
u get for what u pay for!

You.... It's spelled You, and the first letter of a sentence is capitalized.

EP_EJAY
05-21-2010, 08:38 AM
^^ ?? hmmm.. thank "you" english professor?

Chad
05-21-2010, 10:51 AM
U R welcome 4 teh advice LOL.

I'm not an English professor, I teach audio engineering :mwink:

I received a paper this semester of around 700 words... One paragraph.

You would not believe how much txt tlk I see in collegiate level papers.

Doing my best always to prevent -->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_3o3BrI

EP_EJAY
05-21-2010, 01:29 PM
^^ haha!

Chad
05-21-2010, 03:28 PM
.. - --. . - ... . ...- . -. -... . - - . .-. --..-- .. --. .-. .- -.. . -.. .... .. ... .--. .- .--. . .-. .- -. -.. -.. .. -.. . ...- . .-. -.-- -.-. --- -- -- . -. - .. -. -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .

--> http://www.onlineconversion.com/morse_code.htm

ShadowEP3
05-21-2010, 04:29 PM
youre a jerk :thumbu::rofl:

i wish i could have you as a teacher

PubliusEP3
05-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Hmmm... Kind of sucks but I placed my order on May 12 and have not gotten an email or anything with a tracking number, on their site it still says processing. Taking forever!:mcry:

hondaguy92129
05-22-2010, 02:22 PM
call them, the second time I ordered from them my order was at "processing" for a week. After i called and complained it was ready to pick up the next day. Sometimes business owners need a swift kick in the ass if they aren't doing their job ya know :mbiggrin:

drjd888
05-24-2010, 05:59 PM
I ordered a set of the DDM 35w 5000k today. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, my driver's side headlight just went out. I'll reply back with my own little review with pics after I get them installed.

mugen03
05-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Hmmm... Kind of sucks but I placed my order on May 12 and have not gotten an email or anything with a tracking number, on their site it still says processing. Taking forever!:mcry:

took me 3 weeks to get mine, and i have them now and they suck. i got the 55w 6k kit. i was expecting much more then what they are. my ebay kit is better. the light output is not bright at all ive adjusted these bad boys since i put them in and nothing works. i have also called them and they said for me to take some pics and show them how they look. i asked them for different bulbs because i think they set me the wrong ones they dont fit in the housing as they should

Chad
05-28-2010, 09:02 AM
I got mine Tuesday, all is well, tested them but have not installed them.

PatrickJamesYu
05-29-2010, 12:51 AM
So i read through this thread and It's not too clear for me what to order off ddm.

I want OEM white,
35w
but I'm not sure which bulb to get.
Apexcone Raptor HID Kit for 29.95 is what I want.
but the theres so many bulbs to choose from
I don't really know the difference between them all.
I have an 03 ep3
I've heard the lights change on the 04 and 05.
Please help me out!
I'd like to get some this week.

ShadowEP3
05-29-2010, 09:17 AM
H4 5000k 35w...thats what i got nd it looks OEM white

willy_akino
06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
how long did it take for shipping?

ShadowEP3
06-02-2010, 04:43 PM
3 days for me

PubliusEP3
06-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Well guys I ordered mine May 12th and just got them today. I installed them today as well.
I have the Depo jdm rep. headlamps and these things are awesome. amazing deal for 51 bucks!!
If it stops raining I will take pics tonight but it kinda looks like she is gonna rain for the night.

willy_akino
06-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Well guys I ordered mine May 12th and just got them today. I installed them today as well.
I have the Depo jdm rep. headlamps and these things are awesome. amazing deal for 51 bucks!!
If it stops raining I will take pics tonight but it kinda looks like she is gonna rain for the night.

damn took u almost a month?

mugen03
06-03-2010, 07:30 AM
i wish mine looked awesome mine are pointed waaaaaaaaaaaay too high and they wont go down

Chad
06-03-2010, 09:02 AM
i wish mine looked awesome mine are pointed waaaaaaaaaaaay too high and they wont go down

They are upside-down!

(that was a joke)

mugen03
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM
They are upside-down!

(that was a joke)

at this point im sure it wouldnt hurt to try that haha

PatrickJamesYu
06-23-2010, 11:59 PM
So for my 03 ep3
I need H4 hi/low bulbs?

EP3_U_SEE
06-25-2010, 05:28 PM
can some take pics of the actual kit and what it comes with?

How much did you guys pay w/ shipping?

drjd888
06-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I finally got my kit and installed it but it seems the passenger side isn't getting enough "power", not sure what term to use here, when the engine is already running. Both turn on, but then the passenger side headlight turns off right away. If i turn off both headlights and turn it back on for the 2nd time, both will stay on but the passenger side will be dim and will progressively brighten up.

They both fire up and stay on full brightness with no issues if the engine is not running.
After talking with their tech support it seems I need a relay to resolve the issue. Its definitely not the ballast or bulbs, I switched both independently and the issue remained on the passenger side.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
I ordered the DDM HID Kit, 35W, 9006, 5000K. Now I just had an amp and sub installed the same day I put the lights in. I'm thinking that could be it. Its a 500w kicker amp going to a 10" kicker sub if that matters.

gamma6
01-13-2011, 12:20 AM
from ddm which rating would you guys recommend for a tad bit of blue but not ricey?

ep3colin
01-13-2011, 01:11 AM
less blue than ebay, 6ks i couldnt notice any blue, and my buddy had 10ks from ddm but they looked about as blue as ebay 8ks

smykhaisouk
01-13-2011, 07:59 AM
for all you DDM hid customers out there, how are they holding up to this date? im about to order a kit in 6k for myself !!!

jed_averill
01-13-2011, 11:09 AM
My 8k doesn't even hint a blue after it's warmed up.

smykhaisouk
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
My 8k doesn't even hint a blue after it's warmed up.

is your kit 35 or 55 watt?

jh604
01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Looking at getting a 35w kit. I want oem white. So 4500k or 5000k?

emsep
01-13-2011, 09:50 PM
one of my balllast is going bad. hasnt been a year yet. :(

jed_averill
01-14-2011, 09:26 AM
is your kit 35 or 55 watt?

I have 35 watts sir. I heard 55 watts would burn your shit up.

Actually looking at their color spectrum on their website. My 8k actually looks like 5k. I can take a picture if you want. But you'll have to wait till tonight.

smykhaisouk
01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
yeah thats true. i also read that 55 watt kits in 8000k look more like 6000k so the colors arent as true to color temp like the 35 watt kits are. im gues you might have a bulb getting ready to burn out.

Actually looking at their color spectrum on their website. My 8k actually looks like 5k. I can take a picture if you want. But you'll have to wait till tonight.

omgheyitskenny
01-14-2011, 05:20 PM

This is true I had a retro solutions 55w 8k kit a while back and it was really white vs my old mobileHID 35w 8k kit

smykhaisouk
01-15-2011, 09:01 AM
i was just on their website and they dont offer the new slim kit anymore? all i see is the old raptor kit and replacement bulbs/ballast for sale.... what gives? i was just about to order a pair. im guessing they ran out?

gamma6
01-15-2011, 09:31 AM
i was just on their website and they dont offer the new slim kit anymore? all i see is the old raptor kit and replacement bulbs/ballast for sale.... what gives? i was just about to order a pair. im guessing they ran out?

im just gonna order the one they have... we also need the relay harness for our cars right? since our wiring is fairly small?

jed_averill
01-15-2011, 04:14 PM
I can go to their main office and check about the slim ballasts maybe this weekend if they're open on Sunday or MLK day. I just bought the bulb in Sept. It's been the same color ever since.

team ERA 5
01-21-2011, 12:11 AM
I live 15 minutes from bbm. Picked up 35 watt 4500k h4's and h11's (hids) great output and Totally satisfied with the price. I paid 87.00 for both. I believe they're the raptor kit. Only thing I did not like was their customer service guy was taking my order behind an F-ing cubicle and was acting like I he was mr. Know-it-all.

jed_averill
01-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I live 15 minutes from bbm. Picked up 35 watt 4500k h4's and h11's (hids) great output and Totally satisfied with the price. I paid 87.00 for both. I believe they're the raptor kit. Only thing I did not like was their customer service guy was taking my order behind an F-ing cubicle and was acting like I he was mr. Know-it-all.

Was it the short asian guy? I kinda hate his attitude.

team ERA 5
01-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Yes!

dobbs02si
01-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Ive got the 55w 5k hi/lo kit. Had them over a year with NO problems.. 02 by the way.

jed_averill
01-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Yes!

Yah.. That's why I keep my business under the table. It takes few days longer but it's cheaper.

logos22
01-25-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm about to order a pair of 35w 6k, but I'm still on the fence of whether or not to get a high/low. I can't remember the last time I've ever used my high beams, but I thought it would be cool to have the option. If I don't get a high/low setup, will I still be able to use my factory high beams, or are they all in one bulb? Also, do I need to order the wiring harness? What about a mounting bracket?

ShadowEP3
01-25-2011, 12:48 AM
im assuming you have an 02/03

hi-beam would be a single bulb..to be honest dont bother getting the hi-beam option; theres barely a noticeable difference on them

logos22
01-25-2011, 12:58 AM
im assuming you have an 02/03

hi-beam would be a single bulb..to be honest dont bother getting the hi-beam option; theres barely a noticeable difference on them

Yeah, I have an 02. So, will I no longer be able to use my high beams after installing the low HIDs? Though, it sounds like it wont really make much of a difference.

PatrickJamesYu
01-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Yeah, I have an 02. So, will I no longer be able to use my high beams after installing the low HIDs? Though, it sounds like it wont really make much of a difference.

I see a pretty big difference with mine
But my headlights aren't aimed properly
so my headlights don't light the ground too much
Just straight out and up
My high beams just send light out even higher

ShadowEP3
01-25-2011, 01:56 AM
to answer your question..if you get the low beam kit you lose your hi-beams (you could toggle the switch all youd like but nothing would happen)

@Patrick: aim your lights right and lemme know if they make a difference..im talking from experience about no light difference but that was a year ago; i havent purchased/seen any of DDMs kits in a while and who knows, maybe their kits did improve.

logos22
01-25-2011, 02:21 AM
to answer your question..if you get the low beam kit you lose your hi-beams (you could toggle the switch all youd like but nothing would happen)

@Patrick: aim your lights right and lemme know if they make a difference..im talking from experience about no light difference but that was a year ago; i havent purchased/seen any of DDMs kits in a while and who knows, maybe their kits did improve.

ahh, ok. Do I need a wiring harness or mounting bracket? If not, I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy the lows.

ShadowEP3
01-25-2011, 02:35 AM
you dont need a new harness but i would buy it or make one..you never know (i believe they now sell a harness for their kits)

they dont give you a mounting bracket--just 2 big pieces of double-sided tape; basically pick and place where you want them to stick :tehe:
you can always make your own bracket if youd like

logos22
01-25-2011, 02:42 AM
Cool, thanks for your help man. Hopefully I will get them soon; I heard a lot of people have had late shipments.

PatrickJamesYu
01-25-2011, 03:15 AM

How do I adjust them without removing the bumper and headlights?
people tell me I don't need to take them out
but I don't see how I can get a screw driver in there..

I haven't looked into too well
but people tell me to insert a screw driver into these holes
but the adjustment screw things look like they face horizontally, not vertically
Have you ever adjusted yours?

jed_averill
01-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Just get them high/lows. There's no difference in prices plus you get the option of having them. IDK what the other guys are talking about saying there's no difference but I think there is a huge difference. Simple as seeing better at night if needed to. It's just more functional.

How do I adjust them without removing the bumper and headlights?
people tell me I don't need to take them out
but I don't see how I can get a screw driver in there..

I haven't looked into too well
but people tell me to insert a screw driver into these holes
but the adjustment screw things look like they face horizontally, not vertically
Have you ever adjusted yours?

The one you need to adjust is the vertical one. If you have the OEM headlights, it should be the adjuster covered with white plastic.

ShadowEP3
01-25-2011, 08:39 AM
IIRC i posted the adjusting on pg. 7 of this thread

but Jed nailed it either way

cloumep3
01-26-2011, 08:51 AM
I see a pretty big difference with mine
But my headlights aren't aimed properly
so my headlights don't light the ground too much
Just straight out and up
My high beams just send light out even higher

I hade Depo + DDM HID set up on mine and I adjusted the aim by drilling a upper mount hole just a bit higher and tightened the bolts after aiming it lower to where I wanted. They still have little glow, due to its poor quality projector, but the level of aim is much better and have not had anyone high beam me since. The fitment is still good as well.

str8upballur
01-26-2011, 03:51 PM
i have HID kit that i got for 90 bucks balast and bulb. i was to get just the bulbs from DDM since they are so cheap. the kit i have currently is just low beams. if i buy the high/lo beam (just bulbs) will they work with the balast that i currently have? the reason i want to change the bulb is because i have 4300k and i want to get 8000k

ShadowEP3
01-26-2011, 04:06 PM
>str8upballur
>ballur
>going for cheap ballasts

wat?

PatrickJamesYu
01-26-2011, 05:13 PM
But the adjuster still isn't accessable, vertically is it?
the adjustment thing faces horizontally, meaning I'd have to remove the headlights?
Unless there is enough room, but I don't think there is enough room..
Can someone take a picture of it? Or is it too hard to do so, because of location?

ShadowEP3
01-26-2011, 10:43 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?53732-ddm-tuning-30-hids!&p=729957&viewfull=1#post729957

jed_averill
01-27-2011, 12:47 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?53732-ddm-tuning-30-hids!&p=729957&viewfull=1#post729957

You can't get more specific than that. ^_^

PatrickJamesYu
01-27-2011, 01:02 AM

But thats what I mean
All I see is that they CLEARY can not be accessed vertically from up top, but I need to get behind them..
Maybe I'm wrong
I'll take a look at them tomorrow.

cloumep3
01-27-2011, 08:24 AM
getting behind them would be the way to go.

gamma6
01-27-2011, 06:43 PM
just got my hids today opened the box and do not have the slightest idea of how to wire them up... i bought the relay kit for safety in which made it more confusing... the colors dont match and there is no plug for the h4... i didnt get the hi/lo kit
will post a pic of the mayhem later....
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/orange_ben/CIMG2860.jpg

logos22
01-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Just got mine today too, and they look similar to the ones below but without the relay harness. I got just the lows as well. I'm gunna try and install them this weekend and then I'll try to get some pics up.

gamma6
01-27-2011, 11:34 PM
just got my hids today opened the box and do not have the slightest idea of how to wire them up... i bought the relay kit for safety in which made it more confusing... the colors dont match and there is no plug for the h4... i didnt get the hi/lo kit
will post a pic of the mayhem later....
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/orange_ben/CIMG2860.jpg

bump i need help!

logos22
01-28-2011, 12:17 AM
my prong things look different than yours. Mine are in a black housing thing that makes it look like a plug for a household appliance.

PatrickJamesYu
01-28-2011, 12:21 AM
you have 2 plugs coming from the bulb
and 2 from the ballast that look similar
Plug those together

The longest plug from the bulb connects to the ballast.

This should make things a bit easier to understand
I hope..

gamma6
01-28-2011, 04:08 PM
you have 2 plugs coming from the bulb
and 2 from the ballast that look similar
Plug those together

The longest plug from the bulb connects to the ballast.

This should make things a bit easier to understand
I hope..

thanks for the help bro... although thats how i would install them without the relay harness and i wanna install if for safety...
WOW i just got off the phone from ddm support and what an asshole!!! i tried to describe him my questions and this guy totally assumes different things... i felt rushed off the phone and he barely ansered my questions... imo they have bad customer service... im just gonna try to install them the best i can

gamma6
01-28-2011, 04:44 PM
trying to do the install i couldnt even get the bulb installed in my ctr headlights, i cant get the metal retainer clip on cuz there is wires in the way :( help
anyone out there with jdm/ctr(halogen) headlights with hids?
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/orange_ben/CIMG2866.jpg

logos22
01-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Success! Not bad for only $57 shipped to Hawaii. Sorry Gamma, these are just the stock 02 headlights so these pics probably wont help you, but I figured they could be useful for someone with my same headlights.

Ballast (tucked under the fender)
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/logos22/P1290890.jpg

Wiring
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/logos22/P1290891.jpg

Wiring (close up)
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/logos22/P1290894.jpg

Finished Product
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/logos22/P1290917.jpg
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/logos22/P1290919.jpg
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/logos22/P1290920.jpg

gamma6
01-30-2011, 12:04 PM
np looks good! 6k?
how did u get the bulb thru the rubber piece that goes on the headlight housing?

jed_averill
01-30-2011, 02:40 PM
np looks good! 6k?
how did u get the bulb thru the rubber piece that goes on the headlight housing?

If you stare at your components (rubber, bulb, wires) for a minute, I'm sure you will figure it out. The rubber is going to point out towards the rear instead of going into the housing.

KaeDu
01-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Is there anyone in this thread who has the Depo projectors for 04-05 with this DDM and has had it for awhile and can vouch for it?

opti0n1
01-30-2011, 03:02 PM
they look pretty nice but i dont think id buy them since ive been through 2 ebay hid kits they just dont last long =(

KaeDu
01-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Are you referring to the Depo headlights or the DDM kit?

logos22
01-30-2011, 04:03 PM
np looks good! 6k?

Yeah, 35W 6k. Do you mean the weather seal? If so, I had to pull the entire wiring harness through the weather seal. The rubber is pretty pliant so it's not too difficult. Everything else is pretty obvious. Just plug the things that look like they go together into each other and you should be good. One thing to note: the metal pins for my power cable had to be rearranged because they were set up wrong from the factory. I had my black wire on the bottom and my red wire to the left (I'm not sure which is positive or negative). Just don't be discouraged if they don't turn on the first time because you probably just have to move the pins around.

gamma6
01-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah, 35W 6k. Do you mean the weather seal? If so, I had to pull the entire wiring harness through the weather seal. The rubber is pretty pliant so it's not too difficult. Everything else is pretty obvious. Just plug the things that look like they go together into each other and you should be good. One thing to note: the metal pins for my power cable had to be rearranged because they were set up wrong from the factory. I had my black wire on the bottom and my red wire to the left (I'm not sure which is positive or negative). Just don't be discouraged if they don't turn on the first time because you probably just have to move the pins around.

what about the metal retainer clip? cuz the wires r in the way for the bulb to be held in the housing securely

str8upballur
01-31-2011, 11:15 AM
>str8upballur
>ballur
>going for cheap ballasts

wat?

no, sorry wat im trying to say is i have hids currently at 4300k w/just lo beams. i would like to buy 6000k hi/lo beams off of ddm. would i be able to use the ballast that i already have installed or would i need to buy a whole new hid kit bulb/ballast combo?

thanks.

ZoomBoy
01-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Sorry to derail - when mounting the ballasts did you guys actually drill into the metal of your frame? Is there an easier way to mount these, I'm afraid if I drill my car will rust in that area?

smykhaisouk
01-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Sorry to derail - when mounting the ballasts did you guys actually drill into the metal of your frame? Is there an easier way to mount these, I'm afraid if I drill my car will rust in that area?

you're right, it would probably rust if you drilled. i would just stick to double sided tape or ginormous zip ties.

logos22
02-01-2011, 01:14 AM

The sticky pads that DDM provides kinda suck. Both of my ballasts fell off after one drive. I just duct taped mine XP It's not the cleanest install, but they are tucked away under the fender anyway so no one will see. I just hope that the ballast doesn't get hot enough to melt the tape...that would be unfortunate. Also, I noticed that my left light is a little bit brighter than my right. For $57 I don't really care, but is there a quick way to fix this?

Gamma - I had no problem with my metal retainer clips. I just opened them up, pulled out the old bulb, put the new one in, then closed the clip. No wires were in the way. Idk if it's a different situation with CTR headlights.

logos22
02-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Well, I don't believe it, but the duct tape actually failed. Both ballasts fell off again after the drive home. Where should I mount these things? I didn't buy the brackets and the sticky pads suck. I'm guessing the heat in the engine bay is weakening the adhesive of the tape. I've been poking around and see that a lot of people remove their bumper and mount it somewhere in there. Anyone have any suggestions?

cloumep3
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Well, I don't believe it, but the duct tape actually failed. Both ballasts fell off again after the drive home. Where should I mount these things? I didn't buy the brackets and the sticky pads suck. I'm guessing the heat in the engine bay is weakening the adhesive of the tape. I've been poking around and see that a lot of people remove their bumper and mount it somewhere in there. Anyone have any suggestions?

I zip tided and hid passenger side ballast under the black plastic cover that runs vertically along the side (cover you need to remove in order to get to top bolt that holds left head light). As for driver side, I zip tide it right underneath the right of radiator support. Hope it's not too confusing.

Pandamanda22
02-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I ordered some 6k H4s... Those fit the 2004-05 model right? 0_0

smykhaisouk
02-16-2011, 09:22 AM
nope i think those fit the 02-03.. i believe 04-05 uses 9006?

Pandamanda22
02-16-2011, 02:50 PM
nope i think those fit the 02-03.. i believe 04-05 uses 9006?

Crap.. I just sent an email requesting that they change it to 9006. According to what you said and some other thread I just read.. I hope this works out since they have not sent anything because the H4s are on backorder. Thanks though :)

Lyndon
02-18-2011, 06:18 PM
'04-05s use 9006, unless you're using projectors, they're H1 i believe

Pandamanda22
02-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Yea.. It is the 9006 bulbs. Thanks guys and my HIDs should be getting here next week. Hoping I don't have problems with it.

Pandamanda22
02-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Well here they are installed and all :D
Raptor 35w 6ks

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/5472636131_92a8b519ef_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/58807096@N08/5472636131/)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5215/5472619043_6813f2c8cc_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/58807096@N08/5472619043/)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5291/5472622811_64a6d77c9a_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/58807096@N08/5472622811/)

ShadowEP3
02-23-2011, 11:07 PM
is it just me or did they stop offering the Raptor kits?..i wanted to see if i could purchase a H3c kit for my new fog lights

cloumep3
02-23-2011, 11:10 PM
looks nice.

Pandamanda22
02-23-2011, 11:14 PM
is it just me or did they stop offering the Raptor kits?..i wanted to see if i could purchase a H3c kit for my new fog lights

I doubt it because I ordered mine like 2 weeks ago.

ShadowEP3
02-23-2011, 11:19 PM
i found em..sites harder to navigate through :tehe:

either way they dont offer the H3c kit

Pandamanda22
02-23-2011, 11:23 PM
that sucks.. they are not a very big company huh.. lol

smykhaisouk
02-24-2011, 07:03 AM
pandamanda22, your avatar is baddasssssss. you should try photoshopping it to make it look like the car is in motion as you're flippin over it... just a silly suggestion but back to the topic in hand, yes they're company operates like its ran by chimps! how is the light output? can you PLEASE post up a picture of the light output on the road? preferrably a view from the dash looking forward if its not too much trouble. thanks man

cloumep3
02-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Here's mine: Depo + DDM HID

Pandamanda22
02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
pandamanda22, your avatar is baddasssssss. you should try photoshopping it to make it look like the car is in motion as you're flippin over it... just a silly suggestion but back to the topic in hand, yes they're company operates like its ran by chimps! how is the light output? can you PLEASE post up a picture of the light output on the road? preferrably a view from the dash looking forward if its not too much trouble. thanks man

Lol about the photoshop thing. I would definetly do it if i knew how to use photoshop. As for the picture from in the car to the outside at night I will take it tomorrow night since I am too lazy to go out now at like 2 am to take a pic. But I do have to say that the light output is pretty damn good. Got a few people flash me when coming head on. I just flash em back trying to show them they are HIDs... For $43 shipped and all i think it was a great deal. lol

ZoomBoy
03-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Not really impressed with this company as of late.

Ordered a Raptor kit for my car, about a month later they come in the mail. Box is trashed, only included 2 metal brackets, some zip ties, and one HID wire. Yeah, kind of missing a few things eh?

E-mail the company, get a response a few days later that they are investigating the claim. Weeks go by, even with e-mailing the girl whom I was assigned to deal with for this mess. Calling the company, NO ONE would answer no matter what time I called. Their support extension "does not exist". Finally about a week and a half ago I get an e-mail stating they will send me an entire kit again (gee thanks). Then about 10 minutes later I get an automated e-mail from their system stating that the HIDs that are being SHIPPED to me are OUT OF STOCK with no ETA. The upgraded digital HID kid or whatever is in stock.

I e-mail my contact at the company back asking if I can get a free upgrade to this since I have been put through so much crap, they write back saying no - and to wait for the current kit to get shipped in about a month. Thank christ I don't actually have any headlights purchased to put these in yet or I would be furious.

Pandamanda22
03-26-2011, 10:36 PM

I know I took a while but here is a picture that shows a bit of how much they light up. It was only my HIDs in an otherwise dark area. They reach pretty far and are pretty bright IMO.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5058/5563469420_6d40423765_b.jpg

nmysiismyn
03-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Lol about the photoshop thing. I would definetly do it if i knew how to use photoshop.

I can Photoshop that for you. :mbiggrin: Just PM a hi-res version. :mwink:

Pandamanda22
03-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Sweetness :D sending now..

sorry was going to send it then, but then this happened.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1z23tz7.png