PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you have a hoodseal, and a lower splashgaurd...

04EP3Hatch
03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
well i havent had a hood seal for a longgg ass time now. and the lower sheild underneith that covers everything under there, including the belts, broke during the JRSC install, but its been screwed up for years. Soooo im driving home from the wifeys, let the car run for about 10 minutes to heat up before i drive, get on the high way in 3rd at about 55 and punch it expecting to pull and whine, but nothing happens, falls on it's face and has no power, so i get up to speed and i was thinking, so i slowed down the 50, put it in 3rd gear, and punch it, boost gauge goes to 5psi, then right to Zero. needle didnt even flinch, the light's dimmed horribly, and i had to turn off a/c the get the belt to catch traction again. and i had no choice but to drive... 27 miles like this. couldnt have the defroster on cause it kicked the compressor on, which sent my boost gauge to a dead zero, and my lights dimming. I was sooo worried. So i get off my exit, pull off and into a gas station, pop the hood, and the rad support, passenger motor mount area, battery, everything... is soaked. i look down with my flashlight, my subframe is wet, so therfore it was splashing up onto my belt too. I learned a very valuable lesson today, leave those sheilds on. I didnt realize how much they helped, dont flame too much :mfrown: Do you guys think the belt is shot now?

krylonking
03-22-2010, 10:24 PM
We had a couple cars at work that would loose p\s in the rain same problem. Belt should be ok though i think.

BlownSi05
03-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Belt will be fine getting wet, it just will not grip like it should as you found out...lol. Also, a note about letting the car warm up; you realistically only need to let the car run for 1-2 minutes before it is fine to drive. You still do not want to get on hit hard until it is fully warm. The only reason I say that is because at least for my EP, it uses more damn gas sitting there idling than it does driving....hehe.

Ba82Ep3
03-23-2010, 07:27 AM
You might wanna try changing belts... i never used my rain guard under the car (tossed it the first day i had the EP up on the lift) and never had an issue with belt slippage once i went to a Gatorback belt. Not to mention, its a pain to change a belt on the side of the road (if you ever have to) with the rain guard on.

BlownSi05
03-23-2010, 07:46 AM
You might wanna try changing belts... i never used my rain guard under the car (tossed it the first day i had the EP up on the lift) and never had an issue with belt slippage once i went to a Gatorback belt. Not to mention, its a pain to change a belt on the side of the road (if you ever have to) with the rain guard on.

LOL.... yeah this is true, that damn guard does get in the way.

rd02SiR
03-23-2010, 11:56 AM
I wish i had that problem...

2k3hatchie
03-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Nuts man
I can't wait till i can have supercharger problems!