PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!! I need some info

vespaboy
03-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I just bought a 2002 si it needs seat belts....does anyone know what belts are interchangeable with my ep3?

Nicotine
03-22-2010, 11:18 PM
most likely RSX

most stuff from it are interchangeable

usedep3
03-23-2010, 05:36 AM
when you do an rsx seat swap, dont you need to keep the ep seat belt/buckles with the rsx seat?

talonXracer
03-23-2010, 05:39 AM
You need to get belts from an EP3. The belts from the RSX are NOT plug and play in the EP3.

vespaboy
03-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Ive been looking at these different belts and the only difference I see between the si and the coupe is the way the belt is anchored to the body at the bottom....my friends dad owns a upholstery shop,and he said he can sew the anchor on...but will it be compatible with air bag computer?

mobomelter
03-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Ive been looking at these different belts and the only difference I see between the si and the coupe is the way the belt is anchored to the body at the bottom....my friends dad owns a upholstery shop,and he said he can sew the anchor on...but will it be compatible with air bag computer?

Personally seatbelts are not something I would play around with. Just buy the right part that was designed for an EP. It may cost more but seat belts are there to save your life not just so you don't get a ticket for not wearing it. Some may make fun of me but that's how I feel.

BlownSi05
03-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Personally seatbelts are not something I would play around with. Just buy the right part that was designed for an EP. It may cost more but seat belts are there to save your life not just so you don't get a ticket for not wearing it. Some may make fun of me but that's how I feel.

I agree totally. When it comes to something like this, do it right and get the OEM stuff. It is meant for the car and will be safer than anything else.

vespaboy
03-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Yes I agree with you guys but for the sake of argument it is possible to do and it safely the factory sews them on right? :) but would the electronics be the same?

mobomelter
03-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Yes I agree with you guys but for the sake of argument it is possible to do and it safely the factory sews them on right? :) but would the electronics be the same?

I wouldn't risk it. Also no idea about the electronics aspect.

vespaboy
03-23-2010, 05:30 PM
true true.....I need find drivers side seat belt....hey do I need the buckle to?

SkareKrow
03-24-2010, 07:05 AM

I totally agree with you!, Man you need to get them OEM, Saves lifes! I have story that I know of without having seat belts and having a seatbelt on! Just trying to look out for a life =-)

widebodyeg
03-24-2010, 09:16 AM
if your ep3 isnt salvaged, you might be able to get them for free from the dealer, they have a lifetime warranty on seatbelts

Tnhatch03
03-24-2010, 09:19 AM
may be time for a harness bar and harness upgrade!

SHG_EasyE
03-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Pretty much all seatbelts are vehicle specific. There is a swinging pendulum inside the locking mechanism that swings forward under decel (braking or collision) that locks the reel. If the reel is mounted at any angle but the one it was designed to be positioned at, the reel may be locked indefinitely, or will not lock under proper conditions. Get EP3 belts.

vespaboy
03-24-2010, 09:39 PM
I ordered the belt...I only need the drivers side....do i have to replace the buckle to?

I replaced the steering wheel bag the passenger bag ,it came with a computer...but the belts in the car the computer came out of are blown....will the computer work??????????????????????????????????