PDA

View Full Version : stoptech to wilwood caliper?

opti0n1
03-23-2010, 12:01 AM
so i have the stoptech bbk and to have these installed in my car i had to use spacers. after looking at my car for awhile i really hate the stance i have with the spacers on so i was wondering if it is possible if i could exchange the stoptech calipers for the wilwood calipers since they seem and look smaller and keep my stoptech rotor, and in this case i wouldnt have to use spacers any more.

any input would be helpful thanks.

lilflx
03-23-2010, 01:17 AM
get lower offset wheels instead and keep the stoptech XD

talonXracer
03-23-2010, 06:23 AM
It will require a custom caliper mount IIRC.

opti0n1
03-23-2010, 10:12 AM
It will require a custom caliper mount IIRC.
Would the caliper monut that comes with the wilwoowd bbk work?

Lucid Moments
03-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Would the caliper monut that comes with the wilwoowd bbk work?

I doubt it because the Stoptech rotors are larger than the ones the Wilwood kit.

opti0n1
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
I doubt it because the Stoptech rotors are larger than the ones the Wilwood kit.

will i did some research and my stoptech rotor size 12.91x1.10 and the wilwood rotor is 12.19x0.81. i think there right around the same size reason im also asking is because my friend with a dc5 might pick up the wilwood brake kit and we want to exchange calipers if it would work.

Lucid Moments
03-23-2010, 12:40 PM
That may seem like close to the same size, but I don't think there is that much clearance in the Wilwood calipers. (I do have them BTW). Now that you pusted up the number I think the thickness of the rotors may be more of an issue than the diameter. I could be wrong of course, and since its a buddy then I guess you won't have to pay him anything to give it a shot. So give it a try and see and let us know.

talonXracer
03-23-2010, 01:22 PM
It isnt just the dia of the rotor, but also where the rotor is in relationship to the caliper mount and hub face.

Lucid Moments
03-23-2010, 02:10 PM
It isnt just the dia of the rotor, but also where the rotor is in relationship to the caliper mount and hub face.

I thought of that too. Kind of like offset on a wheel.