PDA

View Full Version : ryboto's NHBP EP3

ryboto
03-23-2010, 02:31 PM
So, I've been here a while, kinda lurking. I'm not an auto wiz, but I can do your basics, change oil, change rotors/pads/ some electrical stuff. Anyway, I've got a few simple pictures, poor quality, my apologies. I've attached them.

I personally like the USDM look. The HFP kit is nice, but I don't think it looks good on an NHBP. So, here's a list of mods I've done(basically none), and what I've got hopefully planned for the future,

Done-
-Gutted air box + K&N filter
-HFP Suspension
-Large Red H/Rear red H
-Relocated front plate(I've got a plate relocator waiting to be installed)
-Ebay Fogs(i butchered the install, need to redo it)
-Eclipse CD5030 with Eclipse Amps, forget the models
-Blaupunkt Overdrive 12'' 2'' mounting depth in a shallow custom box
-Blaupunkt Overdrive components up front and MB Quart midbass in the back
-08-09 (i think) 17'' HFP wheels with Cooper Zeon 2XS(got a great deal on wheels and tires)
-35% Window tint
-Optima battery
-Painted Radio console/door inserts black
-blacked out bumper lights(was on a black kick initially)

What I want to do:
-Tint top 2/3 taillights
-Mud Flaps - ordered
-Black S2K lugs+wheel locks - ordered the locks
-All Season mats
-*Maybe* Xenons, and *Maybe* depo projectors, I need some input here, since I like the looks of the stock headlight, but their light quality is poor
-Front/Rear Camber kits
-maybe wheel spacers(just for looks, I know, silly me!)
-Volvo lip, if I can find one
-*Maybe* HFP wing, waiting for HandA to put the NHBP on clearance
-Yakima or similar Ski rack

and for performance-
-OBX twin loop
-OBX Race Header
-Vibrant Billet Resonator
-Vibrant/Magnaflo metal Cat converter
-K-teller piping or something custom
-CAI, maybe AEM V2
-Kpro
-K24A2
-K20Z3 transmission, or just it's internals

and after all that, I'm fairly certain I'll be happy with the little hatch. I priced it all out, and assuming prices don't fluctuate too much, it's ~$7k. Now, I've got a warranty on the engine/transmission, since I've only owned the car since March 09, so I probably wont swap the engine too soon, but I've been looking out for deals. I just can't do much of these mods in the short term due to a shitty employment situation. If I get hired somewhere where I'm adequately compensated for my education, I imagine I could do all of these within a year.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this up here, since it was burning a hole in my head. I'll try to update this as I get new pieces/parts, and I'll try to use my camera and not my phone in the future. This summer I hope to have most of the non-performance parts, so I need some opinions on Xenons with or without projectors.

Civic5lug
03-23-2010, 04:45 PM
NHBP cr3w hollaz