PDA

View Full Version : New suspension install question

quidnatch
03-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Okay guys. I am planning on installing my Tokico HTS this weekend and was wondering if there are any OEM parts that I should just replace at the same time? I was thinking of doing bump stops and the rubber spring seat for the upper mounts. They might be fine but if they do blow out in a year or two I might regret not taking the time now. Any other parts? Is this overkill? I would just hate to take a day to work on it and have to wait a week for replacement parts.

Thank you

Drew1d
03-24-2010, 08:36 AM
I think it really depends on the condition of the suspension. If the top hat is deformed, or the bearing warped, you'd want it replaced and greased where needed. Both those things can be checked when taking apart the strut. I'd maybe think about buying new tie rod boots, as it would be hard to get to after everything is together. The boots seem to be just "lipped" on, without a spring to hold it. I used a hollowed out flashlight to put the boots on my ball joints, although I believe honda will sell you a specialty tool, at specialty tool prices.

Good luck.