PDA

View Full Version : AEM or INJEN CAI & where to buy?

HondaMan
07-14-2002, 11:29 PM
Okay, I have read most of the threads here about these CAI's but still can't decide. AEM generates approx. 5hp and the INJEN approx. 7hp. AEM isn't noticeable and the INJEN is but it looks cheesy...not like I will open the hood often any ways.

Lastly, where is the best place to buy these CAI's? I'm not rich so the cheaper the better, but will pay extra for a good source/service.

Please advise/help. Thanks!

Edit: AEM generates approx. 5.5 more torque and INJEN approx. 2.5 more torque. I'm leaning toward AEM myself and the How-To found here on installing it will be nice when the time comes. ;)

2k2civicSi
07-14-2002, 11:32 PM
i know the injen makes more hp but i just think they are crap

HondaMan
07-15-2002, 03:46 PM
Well, I got a K&N Typhoon instead...LOL! So much for that AEM/INJEN dilema. :D

2002Si
07-16-2002, 09:31 AM
I swear, some people will put anything on a new car, as for me, I will never shy away from the 2 best intakes in the world. AEM/Injen. K&N???HAHAHAHAHAHAH and if you think that the Injen looks CHEESY as someone said. Look at the Cold Air Intake!!! If I have to I'll put pics on but I don't think anyone has got a pic of it on the car yet. And for the 5 millionth time, BUY IT FROM NOPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HondaMan
07-16-2002, 10:15 AM
I swear, some people will put anything on a new car, as for me, I will never shy away from the 2 best intakes in the world. AEM/Injen. K&N???HAHAHAHAHAHAH and if you think that the Injen looks CHEESY as someone said. Look at the Cold Air Intake!!! If I have to I'll put pics on but I don't think anyone has got a pic of it on the car yet. And for the 5 millionth time, BUY IT FROM NOPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm...not exactly cool, but your entitled to your own opinion and you know what they say about opinions. :p

BTW, I looked at NOPI and they don't sell the AEM CAI online for our car. :rolleyes:

Also, are you an Army puke there in Columbus, GA? I ask because you don't seem like a good ole (i.e. nice) Georgia boy like myself. :p

2002Si
07-16-2002, 11:08 AM
Excuse me if I sounded a lil rough, and no NOPI doesn't sell an AEM CAI for the car but they sell an INJEN CAI!!! It's just that there are 5000 Intake forums in here and all you guys have to do is read. I'm not in the military I just get a little pissed when everyone on the site has covered the intake thing about 5 times and someone keeps making Intake forums. Just buy one already. It's only a bolt on w/ 5-7HP. When you start getting into the big stuff I can see having a couple of forums, but damn we've got so many people asking about Intakes that I'm beginning to think that everyone on the site that keeps making forums on the intake are just lazy as hell. READ!!!!!!!! and LOOK!!!!!!! Look in the forum that says AEM CAI and there are pics, dyno tests, and everything else. If you are so worried about the intake then just do like that other guy didi and buy a freakin' K&N. This isn't a big Engine MOD. HUH HUH!:o
RSX Headers
3" Exhaust to glasspack to muffler

HondaMan
07-16-2002, 11:51 AM
That's cool...I did read all the other threads (not forums btw) on this subject and posted stats I looked up myself; and I still couldn't decide (just want to get the right thing for me) but the good deal on the K&N posted on another thread worked for me and I ordered it.

Glad to see another GA dude here! :)

MPgrunt81
08-23-2002, 09:41 PM
hey asshole if you don't like reading threads don't read them. When you right a freaking book on why you hate the thread your posting in it looks stupid. You will always read post from people tring to decide the same thing. The difference is the people. Something thats right for you might not be right for them so they want all the advice and perspective they can get on it. Its a forum if you don't like it leave it or start your own. Either way shut up.

02SilverSiHB
08-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by MPgrunt81
hey asshole if you don't like reading threads don't read them. When you right a freaking book on why you hate the thread your posting in it looks stupid. You will always read post from people tring to decide the same thing. The difference is the people. Something thats right for you might not be right for them so they want all the advice and perspective they can get on it. Its a forum if you don't like it leave it or start your own. Either way shut up.
well, it has been a month, so I guess everything is okay now :rolleyes:

MPgrunt81
08-24-2002, 11:51 AM
yeah I was doing a search and the next thing I know I post in a month old thread. Now give me another beer.

rick77f
10-21-2002, 01:26 AM
And as far as your Army puke comment goes,you can go fuck yourself. I would like to see you say that to a soldier's face, and then laugh when you get the shit beaten out of you.

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by rick77f
And as far as your Army puke comment goes,you can go fuck yourself. I would like to see you say that to a soldier's face, and then laugh when you get the shit beaten out of you.
? 3 months later ?

HondaMan
10-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by rick77f

Huh? 3 months later and if you knew what you were commenting about, you 'probably' wouldn't have said such stupid things. BTW, I was joking with him! I'm an Army brat, so I think I can say Army puke jokingly if I feel like it. Got any more stupid things to say? Let's hope not! :p

02SilverSiHB
10-22-2002, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan

Huh? 3 months later and if you knew what you were commenting about, you 'probably' wouldn't have said such stupid things. BTW, I was joking with him! I'm an Army brat, so I think I can say Army puke jokingly if I feel like it. Got any more stupid things to say? Let's hope not! :p
:D he's probably like....doh!