PDA

View Full Version : tie rod end

1SalientEp3
03-24-2010, 01:07 AM
i replace my tie rod end, and i put everything back on and notice i had some wheel play, i check everything and couldnt find the problem, so i took my car to my friends shop to have it looked at. what they have found is the tie rod end bolt is too small for the hole it goes in on my coilover ( buddy club n+ spec) . i got the tie rod from honda, is there a aftermarket tie rod end or how would i go on and fix this?

BlownSi05
03-24-2010, 04:53 AM
Well, are you sure you got the coilover set for an EP3 and not a DC5? It sounds like you have your stock tie rod ends going into a DC5 coilover, which has larger tie rod ends. The easy fix would be to buy a set of RSX-S tie rod ends and put them on. Let us know what you find out!

1SalientEp3
03-24-2010, 11:41 AM
not sure if the coilovers are for the ep3 or dc5, i bought the car with them already, but ya i will be sure to grab a set of the dc5 tie rod and see what happens.

MugenReplica
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
I swapped to my Ex Motion DC5 specific coilovers last night and temporarily had to use the Ep3 tie rod ends since Acura didn't supply the hex nuts for the new $157 DC5 tie rod ends. I experienced exactly the problem you are mentioning. I swapped them out this morning, and it's perfect.

Btw - If you don't have a Hex/castle nut for your new DC5 tie rod ends, you can use the center dampner bolt off from your OEM/stock struts in a pinch. Cotter pin still fits too.