PDA

View Full Version : alittle help please on e-brake

4lugSLUG
03-24-2010, 09:43 AM
did a search on e-brake adjustment. tried tighten e-brake and e-brake adjust in search. don't know what else it could be. if someone knows of a link or can give me a good DIY i'd appreciate it. trying to do it this weekend before i go on vaca.

56chevydan
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Slide your front seats forward and unscrew the 2 small screws at the bottom rear half of your console (1 each side). Pull your emergency brake handle up and then lift straight up on the rear half of the console and remove it.

The adjustment is made by tightening the adjustment nut clockwise. Do not overtighten the adjustment! Tighten the adjustment nut a little at a time and pull the emergency brake handle up after each tightening, looking for about 2-3 clicks on the handle to set the parking brake. Put your car on a uphill incline and leave the emergency brake off and make sure the car rolls back without the emergency brake dragging the rear pads on the rotors. If the car rolls back freely without tension on the rear brakes by the adjustment, then you're done with the adjustment. Re-install the rear half of your console.