PDA

View Full Version : Type R projector headlight question

barcelon
03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
I want to buy a pair for my black 05 EP. Wanted to know if its an easy install or is there modifications to be done. I was looking around the web and saw the housing doesnt have a hole for the day time running lights. I saw a pair on ebay for 230 bucks. Is that about right price wise or are there cheaper deals out there?

krylonking
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
04-05 or 02-03? That seems low for real type r projectors i think you are talking about depo headlights not oem.

barcelon
03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
I have a 2005 EP .. The daytime running light bulbs are right under the regular headlight bulbs and i dont see a hole for the DRL in the type R housing. Yeah they are definatly replicas i think real ones are like 600 bucks.

maestro
03-24-2010, 01:15 PM
DRL lights are just the high beams at a lower voltage. There is no seperate DRL light.

barcelon
03-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes there is ... When you look in the housing there are 3 bulbs one is the high beams which sits by itself.. one is the regular headlight and the bulb right under the headlight is the DRL

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
On those Depo headlights or type r one's that bulb is moved to the top of the headlight. Now unless your car is from Canada then it shouldnt have DRL's. That one bulb your talking about is just a parking light bulb.

barcelon
03-24-2010, 03:44 PM
On those Depo headlights or type r one's that bulb is moved to the top of the headlight. Now unless your car is from Canada then it shouldnt have DRL's. That one bulb your talking about is just a parking light bulb.

I am talking about the light bulb that turns on when you click the light switch once. I know in my EP i have to rotate the headlight switch and it clicks twice. Once for the DRLs and twice for the headlights. I have a regular SI lol.

Passenger
03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
^yeah man those are just parking/city lights. DRL cut on automatically w/o any switches.
The most obvious and easiest way to be able to tell the Depo replicas aside from the CTR projectors, besides the price~ the CTR's have a "honey comb" on the lens that sits on the turn signal spots, where the depos are clear like the rest of the headlight.