PDA

View Full Version : What to do ? :(

Ep3 ked
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Iv had my Ep3 for about a year, and god this car has given me more problems then any other. The car is clean and only had 55,000 on it when I got it. The asshole who had it b4 me hacked everything up. cut springs,stage 2 clutch witch I had to replace. along with slave etc. the only thing he did right is the exaust set up. My rad. was trash so I went and got a koyo. put that in and now I have a blown head gasket .....I love the ep3. and I like this one, its one of the ones made in the uk. but is it worth all this money and time fixing all this crap. I still have 2 years on my payments so trading it in isnt going to happen I started taring everything up to fix the head gasket. what should i do ? :mfrown:

willy_akino
03-24-2010, 01:03 PM
k24 swap!

Ep3 ked
03-24-2010, 01:39 PM
wish i could dont have the cash for that type of project

superchargedk20
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Junk yards man! got my k24 for 960! There cheap. Prolly better than the labor to rip off the head to get that headgasket put on

Ep3 ked
03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
ya but then i would need kpro. Im trying to see whats good with my ecu because when I would have some fun with the car I could rev it to redline + ..I know ur ecu need to be at least flashed or somthing for it to do that.... what els do you think I would need to make this swap happen

talonXracer
03-24-2010, 02:21 PM
ALOT of people who purchased a used EP3 also think they had a reflash, but you need to take into consideration the tach is off by several hundred rpm's at redline(reading showing higher than the actual rev's. Honda got boned in a class action law suit over their intentional screwing with rpm/odometer algorithms to get vehicles off warranty quicker.

Also you will only need to make one thread to get your answer, no need to make several.

Ep3 ked
03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
would there be a hondata decal on the ecu if it was flashed by them?

T_Virus
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
would there be a hondata decal on the ecu if it was flashed by them?

I woudn't rely on the hondata decal to determine if it was flashed or not.