PDA

View Full Version : Is this enough security?

barcelon
03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
So far i have locks on my 17" HFP rims .. I put "the club" clutch lock on and i take out the radio face off everytime i leave the car. Of course we all have the anti theft electronic chip in our keys as well. My question is, is this enough? I was thinking of getting a good quality alarm but they are kind of pricey. I started thinking it will take a thief a while to get around all that. Also has anyone heard of EPs getting stolen?

theyb
03-24-2010, 12:55 PM
It's never enough. If they want to steal it, they probably will.

barcelon
03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah i know it freakin sucks. I wonder how they'd get around the electronic chip. I heard its a good thing to cover the VIN # with something. Supposedly they can get copies of keys like that dont know if thats true. I'm from Brooklyn NY living in jersey and i actually know experienced thieves some family members (yes i know sad lol). Ive talked to them and they say the best thing is the club clutch lock takes too long to take off and they try to avoid it. None of them ever said they've stolen an EP BUT they all say they heard of RSXs and EPs getting stolen before.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Well about 2 years ago my friends RSX-S got stolen and they never did find it. Her's was all stock just the factory alarm. She thought the factory immoblizer would do.

barcelon
03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
DAMN! that sucks lol... I wonder how the hell they do it. Guess they figured a way to crack the code

Passenger
03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Not as often as the older civics/integras but yeah last year we had quite a few getting stolen and one around here that the guy caught someone trying to steal it. Its not big on a thief's radar, imo, but it does happen. I do all those things too except the clutch thing but wheel locks can still be taken off, windows can be broken and cars can still get broken into. Just don't leave the car alone for a long amount of time unless you have to and do as much as you can to give a thief a hard time doing it.

Also try not to think someone is trying to steal your car or be paranoid about it as much, that'll bother you more than if someone actually went through with it.

barcelon
03-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Not as often as the older civics/integras but yeah last year we had quite a few getting stolen and one around here that the guy caught someone trying to steal it. Its not big on a thief's radar, imo, but it does happen. I do all those things too except the clutch thing but wheel locks can still be taken off, windows can be broken and cars can still get broken into. Just don't leave the car alone for a long amount of time unless you have to and do as much as you can to give a thief a hard time doing it.

Also try not to think someone is trying to steal your car or be paranoid about it as much, that'll bother you more than if someone actually went through with it.

Yeah im just paranoid now after buying my HFP kit. I'll get over it in the next few months lol. I usualy dont park in bad neighborhoods

Passenger
03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah I hear ya. The more I do to my car the more I think about it as well. I think more about someone tearing stuff up on it more than stealing it though, probably cause I've had someone do it before.

Let us know what you alarm you decide to go with or what you do! Good luck.

superchargedk20
03-24-2010, 05:37 PM
4 alpha locks one for each wheel ( i have 2), the VIPER club, kill switches, 2 pedal locks (one for brake and one for clutch). A theif can get through all that. BUT its still gona take some time to get through all my booby traps. Heres a 00si from a local froum post 2 days ago. Sorry But i dont want to find my car like this
http://www.ctvtec.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10297&d=1269268527

Kerby
03-24-2010, 06:05 PM
:crazyx:

pic no worky!

superchargedk20
03-24-2010, 06:11 PM
really? it works for me. Can u see it now?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/nics20si.jpg (http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/?action=view&current=nics20si.jpg)

Passenger
03-24-2010, 06:26 PM
lord..

barcelon
03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
LOL if i ever found my car like that i would just break down and cry like a bitch. Damn superchargedk20 it must take you like 10 min puting all that stuff on. I used to be like that with my old 95 ex coupe. Had a b series GSR swap with internals that alot people wanted. I used to take out the ECU put a big ass pad lock on the steering wheel column AND last but not least the alarm. Damn thieves i freakin hate them.

superchargedk20
03-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Them grimey ass dudes even took the lid to the gas cap and also the gas cap! Takes like two mins to put everything on. Cant be to careful anywhere

Kerby
03-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Oh my god!!!!

cloumep3
03-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Holy Batman!!! I think I'll be cryin' too...

VegaS10
04-05-2010, 04:39 AM
To bypass the immobilizer, theives in my state just swap ecu's with a K-pro'ed unit with the immobilizer disabled.

Once that's done, it's a simple hotwire job.

That's the same way they steal the later Type-Rs as well.

oneglory
04-05-2010, 05:59 AM
so what your saying is make a nice plate around the ecu and electrify it. ha

VegaS10
04-05-2010, 12:29 PM
That would be a nice extra step.

I've yet to do anything with my ecu, but maybe the OP could find a better way of securing his. Maybe change the bolts, extra wireties, etc.

As long as the OEM ECU stays put, the immobilizer is very effective.

RedSiBaron
04-05-2010, 12:42 PM
That would be a nice extra step.

I've yet to do anything with my ecu, but maybe the OP could find a better way of securing his. Maybe change the bolts, extra wireties, etc.

As long as the OEM ECU stays put, the immobilizer is very effective.

you could always disconnect the ecu and take it with you and install a fuel cut switch hidden somewhere rediculous, as well as putting a locked boot on the car...

my buddy i lived with in the dorms 6 years ago used to do that with his 500+hp dc2

superchargedk20
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
you could always disconnect the ecu and take it with you and install a fuel cut switch hidden somewhere rediculous, as well as putting a locked boot on the car...

my buddy i lived with in the dorms 6 years ago used to do that with his 500+hp dc2

Takin ur ecu out aint gona do shit. All they do is break in and push ur car down the road and get it towed. Or they even carry their own ecu's to start it. If u really wana keep ur car safe then get it garaged its really all u can do. Everything else they can just get around. Get atleast two wheel boots. Get the ones that cover the lugs or get 4 different wheel boots so u have 1 for each wheel. Get a viper club or one of those that wraps all the way around ur steering wheel and turn ur wheel all the way to one side so they cant push ur shit without being able to turn the wheels. If u sleep with ur car outside get a really really good baby monitor and leave one in ur car and ull be able to hear anything if somethings goin on in ur car. THeif wants ur car there gona take it, all u can do is slow em down.

oneglory
04-05-2010, 02:33 PM
see this is why you get a plastic bag and lay it on your front driver's seat and take a big steamy wet dump on it.

T_Virus
04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
see this is why you get a plastic bag and lay it on your front driver's seat and take a big steamy wet dump on it.

cleaning after would be a pain...lol...

oneglory
04-05-2010, 02:46 PM
hang a sign on the window: "Hello, please be advised that an unauthorized entry into this vehicle will trigger a fecal matter spray to the mouth and eye area. If you don't believe me try it out...shit face."

VegaS10
04-06-2010, 04:13 AM
Takin ur ecu out aint gona do shit. All they do is break in and push ur car down the road and get it towed. Or they even carry their own ecu's to start it. If u really wana keep ur car safe then get it garaged its really all u can do. Everything else they can just get around. Get atleast two wheel boots. Get the ones that cover the lugs or get 4 different wheel boots so u have 1 for each wheel. Get a viper club or one of those that wraps all the way around ur steering wheel and turn ur wheel all the way to one side so they cant push ur shit without being able to turn the wheels. If u sleep with ur car outside get a really really good baby monitor and leave one in ur car and ull be able to hear anything if somethings goin on in ur car. THeif wants ur car there gona take it, all u can do is slow em down..

I would rather sell my car before I do all of that.

A VERY solid alarm install will work just fine.

username011
04-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Yeah the alarm will work just fine but will it stop a thief from jacking your ride? Im 99% sure it wont since nearly all nice cars stolen have a variety of alarms..other measures must be done to really protect your car good.. just wait till your car gets stolen and come back and tell us how your alarm system worked out..

VegaS10
04-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Click the link in my signature and you will see what I mean...

superchargedk20
04-06-2010, 07:41 PM

I would rather sell my car before I do all of that.

A VERY solid alarm install will work just fine.
lmao at alarms. Puttin a wheel boot on takes about 2 mins and will deter a theif more than an alarm. Dude here just got his car stolen, had alarm, clutch lock, and kill switches. If u dont want to take the neccessary precautions to protect ur ride then dont own a honda. When it gets snagged ur gona wish u took the 5 mins a day to lock it up right. From ur avatar obviously ur car is in a garage but for the people who keep it outside need to lock it up correct. Dont beleive me? Go on b20 and read about the hondas that are stolen every single day. Not 1 day goes by on that site where someones car doesnt get snagged.

VegaS10
04-07-2010, 04:41 AM
I'm going to kick it up a notch for you....

Yes, I do keep my cars in my garage. I do that for a reason....I'm keeping my shit. See, it's about priorities in life. Let me help break it down for you.

I find it extremely foolish for people who live in an apartment, basement, parent's house, whatever who spend thousands of dollars modifying their car....only to park it outside (usually without an alarm). Seriously, that is a very foolish move.

Let's just say someone saves up for a legit K20a swap from Hmotors ($5500), put it in themselves, accesories to put it in ($500), baller wheels and tires ($2500), DC5 seats ($1200), suspension ($1000), misc. carbon fiber shit and JDM garbage ($750).

That's about $11k roughly.

11K will buy you an apartment with garage (OMG security!) for a few months (a year where I live).

Once you get a garage, THEN you modifiy your car.

On another forum I participate in, we typically bash a 22 y.o. kid who lives in his friend's basement, but yet still owns a 350z with te-37s.

It's all about priorites.

BTW, click the link in my sig to see I don't do "standard" alarms.

revelations
04-13-2010, 09:14 PM
GPS trackers are a good tool - and relatively inexpensive (ie. not 1000's of $$) if youre really paranoid.

Though youd have to be quick if the car was taken by pros as opposed to someone looking for a joyride (not very likely given the factory immobilizer)

TheSJkid
05-18-2010, 01:59 AM
anyone here's heard of the ravelco? youtube it if you havent, its pretty much a killswitch thats really difficult to bypass