PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough

JoshSI
11-30-2002, 01:27 PM
I put groundcontrols on my car a few months ago. It wasnt too bad at first but now im just getting sick of it. Its bouncy, it's the loudest thing in the world. squeeks, twangs, screeches, pops all sorts of noises. I dont know what to do its really starting to bug men ow though. I dont have aftermarket shocks yet they are still stock. That should improve my ride a little bit but I dont think that is going to stop the insanely bad noise problem. It just sucks under normal everyday driving. Any ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!

IceD out N CALI
11-30-2002, 04:52 PM
could always get the neuspeed race springs. they're only about 150 bucks and they're not noisy:)

JoshSI
12-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Come on guys? What would you recommend....

This problem is really getting to me

JSIR
12-01-2002, 03:58 PM
what did you do with the bumpstops ?, did you trim them up, otherwise they will lead to noise. New shortened shocks are the way to go for sure if you are dropping the ride a decent amount. I don't know if they will help with the noise though, definitely the bounciness.

Nosjunke
12-01-2002, 05:48 PM
I don't mean to knock your mechanical ability, but the first word you said was "I" installed. I've done an install before and had that problem you mention, but on a different car. I took it all apart and couldn't find out what was wrong, so I ended up going to a shop to have it redone and was SWEET afterwards. I suggest maybe you do the same.

Matt

JoshSI
12-01-2002, 11:24 PM
I do want to get some shocks to improve the ride a little but mainly im getting aggrivated at the noise. I guess I need to take it into a shop and have them look at it. Its at that point now I dont know what to do with it.

goy091
12-02-2002, 12:30 PM
im a strong beliver in DIY stuff. i say just dissassemble the shocks and work from there. might need lube on the springs. if not then i guess its time for new shocks.

IceD out N CALI
12-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by JoshSI
I do want to get some shocks to improve the ride a little but mainly im getting aggrivated at the noise. I guess I need to take it into a shop and have them look at it. Its at that point now I dont know what to do with it.

yeah, if in doubt jus take it in see what happens

31102si
12-02-2002, 01:34 PM
I heard to put some thick grease(like axle grease) on the coilovers will solve the noise problem. Also if you slam your car too low on the stock shocks you are only asking for problems. Grease them coilovers and raise your car up a tad until you get performance shocks and you should be alright. I just bought my GC' s and I am having them put on this weekend. I plan on dropping my car about 2 inches. How low did you drop your car? How much did it affect the camber? Oh yea sweet looking ride!

tkm
12-02-2002, 02:22 PM
Yeah, most likely sounds like an install problem. You also need to let us know how low you lowered it. GC's are *far* superior to normal springs, because you can adjust springrate and ride height anytime you want.

As for noses, did the kit come with rubber washers to put in between the shock and the coilover? This solves a lot of the clanking. If your spring is coming unseated, then zipties at the top will also take care of that. I get my kit here soon, so I'll let you know what it looks like.

I have used ground controls on all of my Hondas in the past and had no probelms with them by doing a correct install.

nikkotyper
12-02-2002, 05:46 PM
If you did not install the rubber washers do so.
If you have, order another set and have them installed as well.
I had a similar problem on one of my old cars and after installing 2 sets of rubber washers, the noise abated. The performance did not suffer.

JoshSI
12-03-2002, 09:53 AM
I figured out what im going to do. Im goign to live with it for a few more weeks and fuck GCs im going to get the Tein super streets a local shop is hooking them up for 900 out the door.

IceD out N CALI
12-03-2002, 03:10 PM
thats a pretty good deal