PDA

View Full Version : Lamin-X Films

mobomelter
03-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Anyone out here have the lamin-x films for the headlights? Do you like them? Was it worth the 60 bucks? I'm thinking about getting some so after I de-yellow my headlights I can keep them from doing it again.

vicx52o
03-25-2010, 08:03 AM
I've had Lamin-X installed on my foglight's. They provided great protection against small rock's cracking the lens. But the only downside to using them was that they "burned" over time. I doubt that they would burn on a pair of headlights though.

mobomelter
03-25-2010, 08:06 AM
I've had Lamin-X installed on my foglight's. They provided great protection against small rock's cracking the lens. But the only downside to using them was that they "burned" over time. I doubt that they would burn on a pair of headlights though.

Burned? Like physically melted?

vicx52o
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM
More like black burn mark's on the film itself. When you peel it off the lens, it doesn't leave any burn mark's just some sticky residue from the adhesive on the film.

Annoying thing was that I had to change the film at least 1-2 times a year.

mobomelter
03-25-2010, 09:15 AM
More like black burn mark's on the film itself. When you peel it off the lens, it doesn't leave any burn mark's just some sticky residue from the adhesive on the film.

Annoying thing was that I had to change the film at least 1-2 times a year.

Weird. I want to try them but if I have to drop 60 more than once a year I'll be slightly angry.

kprocivic
03-25-2010, 09:23 AM
i have them on my subi fogs. my fogs run daytime and i have had the lamin-x on for at least 11 months and don't have any burn marks.

mobomelter
03-25-2010, 10:02 AM
i have them on my subi fogs. my fogs run daytime and i have had the lamin-x on for at least 11 months and don't have any burn marks.

Sounds good. I just don't want to go through the trouble of de-hazing my headlights and not putting anything on them to protect them.