PDA

View Full Version : New Dyno Sheet

Lucid Moments
03-25-2010, 11:18 AM
This is after adding water injection to the mix. Please note that I am injecting water only. I did this for the safety of the motor NOT as a power adder. I could have gotten more power by adding methanol to the mix but decided against it in order to keep things simple.

The basic set up is:

K24A2 block and crank
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
Wiseco 10.2:1 Pistons 87.5mm
K20A2 Head
IPS Ksc Cams
Jackson Racing Supercharger
3.4" blower pulley and 09 TSX Crank Pulley
Cooling Mist Water Injection
GM IAT sensor relocated to the intake manifold
Custom ASP header
Custom 3" Exhaust with single 3" straight through Magnaflow muffler

superchargedk20
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Just wondering, but why didnt you use any meth? Simple peak -20 washer fluid wouldve gotten u better results and wouldve made it even safer. I think its only 20-30% meth then water. Even adding meth it shouldnt be looked as a power adder

Lucid Moments
03-25-2010, 11:40 AM
The problem the way I see it is consistancy. I want to be injecting the same thing all the time. Particularly when we are talking about adding a fuel. I don't want to have to rely on being able to get the same formulation of washer fluid where ever I may go. I can count on getting distilled water.

Lucid Moments
03-25-2010, 11:56 AM
And another point. I really don't think it would have made it safer to run methanol either. I've eliminted all knock and the maximum IAT seen on the dyno was about 117 F.

vbpracer
03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
How much boost with the cp bp setup?

Lucid Moments
03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
How much boost with the cp bp setup?

About 7.1psi peak

superchargedk20
03-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Just sayin u couldve prolly added a lil more timing with the meth and have broken 300

Ba82Ep3
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Just sayin u couldve prolly added a lil more timing with the meth and have broken 300

He made it clear it wasnt used as a power adder. Some people are more interested in a reliable, useable powerband, than peak whp/wtq stats.

You typed youre using the k20a2 head, is it using the k20a2 VTC gear as well? Just curious if you are advanced to 50 degrees for those #'s. Good stuff!

Lucid Moments
03-26-2010, 05:10 AM

The thing is that the tuner did add more timing but it didn't make any more power so he took it back out.

He made it clear it wasnt used as a power adder. Some people are more interested in a reliable, useable powerband, than peak whp/wtq stats.

You typed youre using the k20a2 head, is it using the k20a2 VTC gear as well? Just curious if you are advanced to 50 degrees for those #'s. Good stuff!

Yes I am using the K20A2 VTC gear. I honestly am not sure where it is advanced to. I'll post up the .kal and a datalog or two when I get home.

superchargedk20
03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Nice man. I was just askin caus I just did regular peak washer fluid on my a3 with the 3.8" boltons and stage 2 cams and was able to pump out 255whp. Thats why i was wondering. Nice numbers though! Me likey!

BlownSi05
03-29-2010, 05:15 AM
And another point. I really don't think it would have made it safer to run methanol either. I've eliminted all knock and the maximum IAT seen on the dyno was about 117 F.

Holy hell man, that's really good temps with the blower! Running road course builds up a ton of heat, so I can see why you are using the water injection to run safer rather than for power. Shit, 296whp and 218wtq is awesome, and together with some good handling will rip around the track. I wish more people understood that road course racing is not just about gobs of power.

talonXracer
03-29-2010, 05:42 AM
Nice numbers Mike, that should make the power delivery more linear throughout the race.

Lucid Moments
03-29-2010, 06:08 AM
Nice man. I was just askin caus I just did regular peak washer fluid on my a3 with the 3.8" boltons and stage 2 cams and was able to pump out 255whp. Thats why i was wondering. Nice numbers though! Me likey!

Its all good man, I understand completely what you are saying. I went back and forth in my own head a bunch about what exactly to do. Even went so far as to buy a 5 gallon can of VP M1 methanol to use in case I did decide to use it. Just decided that for the sake of safety and ease of use to do without it. I am certainly sacrificing a little potential power but as BlownSi05 mentions below its not all about peak HP #'s :mcool:

Holy hell man, that's really good temps with the blower! Running road course builds up a ton of heat, so I can see why you are using the water injection to run safer rather than for power. Shit, 296whp and 218wtq is awesome, and together with some good handling will rip around the track. I wish more people understood that road course racing is not just about gobs of power.

Yea I was really happy with the IATs. It was moderately cool during the tuning so I may have to tweak things a little for say Road Atlanta in August when it is brutally hot, but we'll see.

Nice numbers Mike, that should make the power delivery more linear throughout the race.

Thanks man. The main thing I was looking for was safety for the motor. I'm tired of having to have the damned thing rebuilt. We'll see how this works out.

HondaFreak
03-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Very nice. That should be fun in the heat. It's usable HP until you loose weight, ha ha. I know I asked before, but what's up with the stair steps at the top end? Hi, Mike. :wave:

Christian

Lucid Moments
03-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Very nice. That should be fun in the heat. It's usable HP until you loose weight, ha ha. I know I asked before, but what's up with the stair steps at the top end? Hi, Mike. :wave:

Christian

Hey Christian. Whats going on.

It should make a real difference when it gets hot. We'll see though. One of the other things I did while I was doing stuff was sent the k-pro in to be updated so that I have on-board datalogging. So I can be driving around a track and flip a switch and I'm datalogging. A lot easier than having a laptop in the car on track.

Oh, and I'm working on the loosing weight. I've starting taking ex-lax Friday night before a track weekend.:meek::mangel::mbiggrin: