PDA

View Full Version : Guess My Gain!

04EP3Hatch
03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
well, hopefully in 7 days, i will be getting tuned! I am very curious though, has anyone baselined their car on the basemap and then seen the gain afterwords? Im curious as the what my gains will be over the basemap, im running 10.9-11.2AFR full throttle lol a little rich, ive been contemplationg putting the 3.8 on :mbiggrin:

skoolnu
03-25-2010, 05:28 PM
cant say i have... but i do run the 3.8. do it. haha.

04EP3Hatch
03-25-2010, 08:56 PM
cant say i have... but i do run the 3.8. do it. haha.

haha, i think im going to, just need to figure out a belt size and brand, prolly go with a NAPA Gates belt, but did you get dyno tuned? how much power are you putting down?

dkid15
03-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Im guessing you make 203whp before and 221whp after. You better run 13's with that charger.

04EP3Hatch
03-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Im guessing you make 203whp before and 221whp after. You better run 13's with that charger.

dont worry, i will. im going after jerseyjew's time of 13.4. but im a big guy, so i might need the 3.8 and meth to do it :( i hate weighing 265

dkid15
03-26-2010, 06:29 AM
LMK whenever your headed to Test and tune, ill head out and run with you.

BlownSi05
03-26-2010, 06:37 AM
I baselined with the race kit, k-pro, all my bolt-ons, and the base map at like 187whp. Once the tune was done I was at 220whp and have been there ever since.

04EP3Hatch
03-26-2010, 02:19 PM
I baselined with the race kit, k-pro, all my bolt-ons, and the base map at like 187whp. Once the tune was done I was at 220whp and have been there ever since.

holy fuck! that much more power? wow that must have felt like a different car, i cant wait to tune mine now!

04EP3Hatch
03-26-2010, 02:20 PM
LMK whenever your headed to Test and tune, ill head out and run with you.

hell yea man! hopefully my clutch will hold up to the strip :mrolleyes:

skoolnu
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
haha, i think im going to, just need to figure out a belt size and brand, prolly go with a NAPA Gates belt, but did you get dyno tuned? how much power are you putting down?

ive been using goodyear gatorback belt. part #4070622. I had mike with elite tuning do my car, but im going to dyno it this year and see what im making.

04EP3Hatch
03-26-2010, 03:53 PM
ive been using goodyear gatorback belt. part #4070622. I had mike with elite tuning do my car, but im going to dyno it this year and see what im making.

dammm thats a 62.2 inch, mine is a 62.5, have you had any slippage? and how many pounds are you hitting? And mods too ;) not trying to play 20 ?'s

skoolnu
03-26-2010, 04:11 PM
never had it slip once... i must be a lucky one. i hit 10lbs no prob, and ive had a few times where ive really pushed the car. lol...

shit, ill get a mod list on my page, i just havent had a chance. you still down for carlisle?

04EP3Hatch
03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
never had it slip once... i must be a lucky one. i hit 10lbs no prob, and ive had a few times where ive really pushed the car. lol...

shit, ill get a mod list on my page, i just havent had a chance. you still down for carlisle?

hell yea man! im rooming at the roadway inn, you know, the one that always has baller ass party's lol last year like 7 cops told us to take the beer pong indoors lol and that our grill wasnt aloud in the parking lot :( But 10psi on the 3.8? damn im hitting 5.5-6 on the 4". 10psi sounds like there's a little restriction in there somewhere? do you have a race header or a shorty? CAI or SRI?

superchargedk20
03-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Gates belt FTW. Way better than the gatorback and u dont have to bring the tensioner all the way down like the gatorback. Video I was telling you about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7NBYJs_jc

04EP3Hatch
03-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Gates belt FTW. Way better than the gatorback and u dont have to bring the tensioner all the way down like the gatorback. Video I was telling you about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7NBYJs_jc

dude your the man, pullin through again, im gonna try the napa belt since "MY" 3.8 has seen one before ;)

superchargedk20
03-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Just so u know the belt is a tight ass fit. DOnt give up on it. Love that belt!

MugenReplica
03-27-2010, 01:15 PM
dont worry, i will. im going after jerseyjew's time of 13.4. but im a big guy, so i might need the 3.8 and meth to do it :( i hate weighing 265

I hope you make it. Jerseyjew is a tiny AF guy though. I bet he doesn't weight over 165lbs.

Did someone say Carlisle?!?!??! I'll be there with a friend in his supercharged 3000GT. I think we need a meeting (and some runs) of the JRSC Ep3 crew!!

04EP3Hatch
03-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I hope you make it. Jerseyjew is a tiny AF guy though. I bet he doesn't weight over 165lbs.

Did someone say Carlisle?!?!??! I'll be there with a friend in his supercharged 3000GT. I think we need a meeting (and some runs) of the JRSC Ep3 crew!!

wait.... BULLSHIT there is gonna be three ephatch.com members and were all gonna be blown??? definately getting a photoshoot!

skoolnu
03-28-2010, 06:57 AM
sounds like a plan to me!

04EP3Hatch
03-28-2010, 07:44 AM
sounds like a plan to me!

woot!!!!!!!!!

jerseyjew
03-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Hahah, very true. I am right around like 155. I like to work smarter not harder.

04EP3Hatch
03-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Hahah, very true. I am right around like 155. I like to work smarter not harder.

haha must be nice, i should just stop eating to make my car faster, to hell with my health as long as i can run low 13's lol Were you gutted when you ran? or full interior? im prolly going to be gutting my car with fiberglass race seats so i can hopefully shed some blubber

jerseyjew
03-28-2010, 07:08 PM
haha must be nice, i should just stop eating to make my car faster, to hell with my health as long as i can run low 13's lol Were you gutted when you ran? or full interior? im prolly going to be gutting my car with fiberglass race seats so i can hopefully shed some blubber

The car only had the rear seats out, nothing more. The drag radials are definitely needed. A part out of my car is gonna be happening soon. My needs and hobbies have changed so I am looking for a truck. The EP will be going completely back to stock (thank god I saved all of the parts). I have tons of stuff, so keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds section for my part out thread.

04EP3Hatch
03-29-2010, 04:02 AM
The car only had the rear seats out, nothing more. The drag radials are definitely needed. A part out of my car is gonna be happening soon. My needs and hobbies have changed so I am looking for a truck. The EP will be going completely back to stock (thank god I saved all of the parts). I have tons of stuff, so keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds section for my part out thread.

yea i hear ya on the drag radial part, i have 225/25/16 BFG Gforce T/A KDW's up front and first gear just spins and if i pound second wide open, just spins through it, i love it :)

BlownSi05
03-29-2010, 05:19 AM
holy fuck! that much more power? wow that must have felt like a different car, i cant wait to tune mine now!

Yeah it did feel completely different...lol. The thing is that the tune included all my part throttle driving as well. When my tuner was done, the car felt amazing and my gas mileage was better than it was stock......as long as I did not floor the throttle everywhere....lol.

04EP3Hatch
03-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah it did feel completely different...lol. The thing is that the tune included all my part throttle driving as well. When my tuner was done, the car felt amazing and my gas mileage was better than it was stock......as long as I did not floor the throttle everywhere....lol.

haha i cant wait now. but hey how many pounds are you hitting and what are your mods? i have the INJEN CAI (old wrap around the battery style), Kiddracing RH, and HKS exhaust, so i know the setup is fairly free flowing, but on my boost gauge (i dataloged it a week or so ago and it said between 5.5-6.5psi) im having trouble seeing 6psi on the boost gauge, and when it does hit 6, it's at like 6400-6500rpms all the way to 7700. my belt isnt slipping, but it's got me kinda worried something is wrong, im on the 4.0" pulley running on the basemap with a CEL on, but i know that wont affect boost as it's an RPM dependant process. Anyone care to dip in with advice?

scorpionsf
03-29-2010, 08:43 PM
not that i know a whole lot about boost, but i never really thought boost gauges were that accurate. i thought they could be off up to like 1.5 psi or so depending???

04EP3Hatch
03-30-2010, 04:03 AM
they can be off up to that amount, but mine was fairly accurate, i was just curious as to why am i hitting peak so high in the rpms?

MugenReplica
03-30-2010, 08:39 AM
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Ugh, the last OG JRSC member on Ephatch to go. Sorry to hear you are parting out, Joey. But glad to hear you have newer and more fun hobbies.

jerseyjew
03-30-2010, 05:24 PM
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Ugh, the last OG JRSC member on Ephatch to go. Sorry to hear you are parting out, Joey. But glad to hear you have newer and more fun hobbies.

Yeah it is a sad thought, but I just really need a truck and there is no reason to keep the EP because it would never get used. I will still be trolling around the boards and will definitely lend all the knowledge I have picked up over the years to other members. Two weekends from now I am going to start ripping everything off and taking pictures. I just realized how much stuff I have sitting around. It should be a pretty lengthy for sale thread.