PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed vs BC short shifter

ttttrigg3r
03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Does anyone have pictures of buddy club SS vs a neuspeed installed? or even a buddy club before and after picture. I have neuspeed now and wonder if BC would be better.

Chromium4500
03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
... there's really no visual difference except that with the BCSS the knob sits about 2 inches lower down closer to the dash (unless you use the provided extension).

My vote is BCSS all the way.

It reduces both the vertical and lateral throw and is just a better piece. Instead of bolting a piece of aluminum onto the OEM shifter, the BCSS is a cohesively designed unit made with the singular purpose of reducing shifter throw. I absolutely lovelovelove by BCSS. It is one my favorite upgrades to date (although I did just order the HFP front and rear lips... so we'll have to see :mwink: )

Kerby
03-26-2010, 01:54 PM
i'm with home skillet.

I love mine.

Lucid Moments
03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
If you didn't have a short shifter at all I would say go Buddy Club all day, but like the OP I have the Neuspeed now and don't think don't think that it is enough better to justify the cost if you already have the Neuspeed. I agree that the BuddyClub unit is better. But I have driven a car with it and I don't think it is enough better to justify the cost of switching.

K20wagon
03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
The BCSS is better than the neuspeed short shifter. The neuspeed just bolts up to the oem shifter but the BCSS is a hole new shifter that replaces the oem shifter. You can either make it normal length with the shift knob or take off the extension to have the knob lower. It also has alot shorter shifts and another thing good bout it that it has the 6 gear cut out so if you ever get the 6 speed tranni then you would need the type r oem shifter or the BCSS.

I love my BCSS, it was worth the price.

theyb
03-26-2010, 02:19 PM
BC is better. But unless you can sell the Neuspeed, it's not worth switching.

mack
03-26-2010, 05:15 PM
i might think about BC as well. do you guys know what parts come with neuspeed? (i bought my car used, it already came with neuspeed installed, just wondering what I should include in the sale if i were to sell it)

ttttrigg3r
03-26-2010, 09:26 PM
The neuspeed comes with the 2-piece bracket and screws that's it. When u sell it make sure u pop the white part off you use that on the shifter itself.

Yo_KyleEP3
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
how much of a PITA is it to install the BCSS?

Kerby
04-12-2010, 05:46 PM
took me 2 hours. I had to take the driver seat off, floor center console, radio console.... it was a hassle.
People could probably have done it by taking less things off, but I'm a big guy with big hands... I needed the extra room.

the only thing that was a pain was the locks holding the cables to the shifter unit. I've never yelled and bitched so much to install a part.

K20wagon
04-12-2010, 05:51 PM
how much of a PITA is it to install the BCSS?

Shot it was pretty easy for me. The only thing I had trouble with was putting the clips back in the cables so they dont pop out. There was a DIY on here some where but I dont think its still here since the crash but its easy. Use a screwdriver to pop the cable at the bottom out of the shifter and the same when you push them back in to the BCSS.

gtimportfanatic
04-13-2010, 10:36 AM
took me 2 hours. I had to take the driver seat off, floor center console, radio console.... it was a hassle.
People could probably have done it by taking less things off, but I'm a big guy with big hands... I needed the extra room.

the only thing that was a pain was the locks holding the cables to the shifter unit. I've never yelled and bitched so much to install a part.

would u ever do it again?.. hint hint lol

Kerby
04-13-2010, 08:03 PM
let's just say its one of those mods that if a buddy asked me for help, I would have to think about it.
It was that bad.

I'm glad it was done though. But no... I'm traumatized for life. :Cry:

thehulme
04-13-2010, 09:06 PM
BCSS is better, but yeah I would imagine is not so much better that you would want to spend the money to upgrade unless you can sell the neuspeed (never driven one with a neuspeed, but owned a BCSS).

The install sucks hard, especially the first time. I did it by pulling just the shift boot and radio+A/C console out. However, if you ever end up dropping a nut or bolt, you are gonna be in for a world of hurt. Be super careful when removing them. They can fall down into the black hole of no return, and you have to pull off all sorts of panels to get them out (unless you get lucky, can see the nut and have small hands to reach it). You also do have to wrestle with the cable clips, sometimes they just pop on and off like magic, others it takes an hour of struggling to get them to stay on.

ZEE
04-13-2010, 11:40 PM
I just bought my BCSS do you guys have anything to advice/recommend before I install it? Should I replace the bushings at the same time?
Thanks

thehulme
04-14-2010, 12:30 AM
if you are going to be in there, you might as well. to do the aluminum bushings, its basically half of the install for the BCSS, so its a lot of work if you dont do them at the same time. though some people might say the bushings are maybe not worth it with the BCSS. i would check around here before you go ahead, cuz its been awhile since i've heard anything on this stuff.

civsirmt
04-14-2010, 03:27 AM
I just bought my BCSS do you guys have anything to advice/recommend before I install it? Should I replace the bushings at the same time?
Thanks

yes replace the cable and base bushings at the same time

Kerby
04-14-2010, 04:35 AM
I would do the bushings. The bushings that come with the BCSS are stock looking.

compare this:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj309/KerbyEP3/IMG_0227.jpg

to this:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/images/EP3_AlShifterBushings.jpg

you need (8) becuase they butt each other at the mounting points of the BCSS. kinda like a sandwich ...:dance:

Chromium4500
04-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Do the aluminum bushings at the same time. You will not ever want to go back in just to do the bushings....