PDA

View Full Version : Turbo + after market motor mounts

Akeeg4
03-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm almost finished with my turbo build. Im looking into picking up a set of after market mounts.

Mainly, the ep is my daily, so im looking to pick up mounts that cause LITTLE TO NO VIBRATIONS.

Also, most motor mounts im seeing come with 3 mounts, and you can buy the last one separate. Is there any way i can pick up all 4 at once for a better price?

Any help with brand superiority would help.

Kerby
03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
avid motor mounts. but don't go with the 70a. that's for the ruff riderz. HAHAHA

I'd recommend the 62a for you my brotha. I currently have the 70a. It's very stiff. Wheel hop was completly eliminated, but at idle i feel like Michael J Fox on Oprah....

EP3Casas
03-26-2010, 02:35 PM
ive heard many good things of the avids. im currently running the innovative 70a. they are stiff but i bought them with boost in mind. and as far as front mount goes there is a diy on CRSX on how to make your stocker as stiff as the race mounts using epoxy or u can just buy the esmm inserts and only use the insert for the front and you should be set.

superchargedk20
03-26-2010, 09:18 PM
dannng. I went with the avid 75a mounts. oh well

groovezog
03-26-2010, 10:54 PM
I think any aftermarket motor mounts, even inserts, will make the car vibrate quite a bit more. After I installed ESMM inserts, my GF rode in my car and she was like, "Whoa. I like how your car vibrates me." :)
It's a trade off.
No wheel hop = shaky car at idle
no shake = wheel hop
It's not bad at all once you get used to it, but if you're sure it would annoy you, stick with stock mounts and upgrade the suspension in other ways to decrease wheel hop. I think that the Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts are an easy install, do the job well, don't cost much, and won't shake your kidneys too bad. Unless you want the look of nicer billet mounts.

mitchep3typer
03-27-2010, 08:29 AM
I think any aftermarket motor mounts, even inserts, will make the car vibrate quite a bit more. After I installed ESMM inserts, my GF rode in my car and she was like, "Whoa. I like how your car vibrates me." :)
It's a trade off.
No wheel hop = shaky car at idle
no shake = wheel hop
It's not bad at all once you get used to it, but if you're sure it would annoy you, stick with stock mounts and upgrade the suspension in other ways to decrease wheel hop. I think that the Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts are an easy install, do the job well, don't cost much, and won't shake your kidneys too bad. Unless you want the look of nicer billet mounts.

your right. you cant put on race car parts and not get the race car feel. If you want to go fast and boost an ep3, you deff need mounts. its going to vibrate but it will get better the longer the mounts are installed. I think I have the innovative steel mount set with all but the front mount done. The front I just have the insert.

talonXracer
03-27-2010, 08:49 AM
First off there is NO WAY that any engine mount can in any way impact wheel hop, it is entirely a function of the suspension!

What you are feeling is not wheel hop but the engine rocking in the engine bay and banging there!

Avid mounts are the ONLY mounts I recommend, and then only in a low durometer. The rear mount has to be as soft as possible as they support ZERO weight and only come into play to reduce the rocking motion due to torque, the pass side supports the most weight, close to 70% and the Innovative mount are notorious for failing due to the insufficient design, I went thru three of them.

For the front mount leave it stock or use WindoWeld to fill the voids of the stock mount, the WindoWeld provides approx a durometer of 50.

slate13530
04-07-2010, 06:36 AM
First off there is NO WAY that any engine mount can in any way impact wheel hop, it is entirely a function of the suspension!

What you are feeling is not wheel hop but the engine rocking in the engine bay and banging there!

Avid mounts are the ONLY mounts I recommend, and then only in a low durometer. The rear mount has to be as soft as possible as they support ZERO weight and only come into play to reduce the rocking motion due to torque, the pass side supports the most weight, close to 70% and the Innovative mount are notorious for failing due to the insufficient design, I went thru three of them.

For the front mount leave it stock or use WindoWeld to fill the voids of the stock mount, the WindoWeld provides approx a durometer of 50.

Talon what do you recommend for the other mounts?

karma_hatch
04-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Im pretty sure he explained it all.

slate13530
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm sure he did, no wait I know he did, but I wanted to know which he recommended for the the passenger mount.

maksym
04-07-2010, 01:56 PM

I know EP3Casas said so, but I just want to make sure!

So when installing the ESMM's would it be better to leave the rear mount stock, as it is supposed to be as soft as possible, like you said, and put the inserts only in the front mount?

Would it be same for a car without boost with all mounts being stock?

maksym
04-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I know EP3Casas said so, but I just want to make sure!

So when installing the ESMM's would it be better to leave the rear mount stock, as it is supposed to be as soft as possible, like you said, and put the inserts only in the front mount?

Would it be same for a car without boost with all mounts being stock?

Anybody?

MadLorEP3
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
passenger 75a
driver's side and rear 60a
front stock with windoweld

neoamd
05-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm in the middle a K24A1 swap and wil be turboing the (GT3071R). I plan on buying a set 62a Avid mounts and was wondering if the passenger side mount would fit with my swap.

Also Ill be doing the epoxy on the front MM after I buy a new one since the motor mount inserts chewed it up :(

neoamd
05-10-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm in the middle a K24A1 swap and wil be turboing the (GT3071R). I plan on buying a set 62a Avid mounts and was wondering if the passenger side mount would fit with my swap.

Also Ill be doing the epoxy on the front MM after I buy a new one since the motor mount inserts chewed it up :(