PDA

View Full Version : installed wilwoods. Clunking sounds while braking. FML please help!

WhiteComet
03-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi i just installed the Wilwood dynalites on my car, and while moderate/hard braking...i hear a throbbing clunking noise. Here are the symptoms:

1. The sound on comes out only when I'm braking. It only comes out when I press on the brakes a little harder.

2. The sound may have been there before I installed the wilwoods...as I'm usuallly very easy on the brakes and may not have pressed them enough to hear it.

The mechanic suspects it could because there is play in my coilovers...like things getting loose (i got the bc n+) but i was wondering if anyone else experienced this before i go about tearing the suspension apart.

Thanks.

talonXracer
03-27-2010, 02:56 PM
I too felt a thrumming when braking hard with my Willwoods, been like that for over 2 years now............

That was with both mugenSS suspension and Progress coilovers.

WhiteComet
03-27-2010, 03:04 PM
It's wierd because it's only on one side, and comes on when I apply the brake pedal around 50%

skoolnu
04-02-2010, 04:06 PM
mine do it too.. i guess its just how it is.

talonXracer
04-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I have a feeling it is the pads that come with the brakes, they are rather aggressive and I have to say they eat rotors like nobodys business! I need to swap the rotors out as the are too thin now and I have only used a single set of pads.

Lucid Moments
04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Mine don't do it. Never have. And that is with either suspension I've run.

oneglory
04-02-2010, 07:52 PM
i had something similar happen to me...turned out I need to replace the caliper slides and regrease them because they were scored and not allowing the caliper to center itself causing uneven pressure on the pads while braking.

WhiteComet
04-03-2010, 02:37 PM
yeah it went away by itself after a few days of driving. There is a slight grinding noise when I brake but I think that's just beacuse of the aggressive pads.