PDA

View Full Version : Check My JRSC Logs Please!

04EP3Hatch
03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
BUMPPP I ADDED A NEW KDL

Hey guys, i was finally able to upload my datalog from when i installed the JRSC, can you Kpro guru's take a peek and tell me what you think, i'll enclose a mod list so if there is any misconspeculation on the boost i hit or anything along those lines

Injen CAI (old wrap around style)
Kiddracing RH
HKS Hi-Power
Hondata IMG
4.0" Pulley
RC 440's

This was also with the CEL OFF! it's been on over 2 weeks now for p0172 system to rich.

04EP3Hatch
03-30-2010, 02:26 PM
looking over it, im seeing a peak of like 5.8psi through the revs, but it peaked 7.0 when i hit the rev limiter at 7302... am i experiencing slippage then? or is the boost line to consistent?

BlownSi05
03-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Are you 100% positive that you are using the 4" pulley and not the 4.4" one? Your A/F looks good at WOT, safe but good. Your redline should be set to 7500rpm with the race kit as well. It could be slippage, but it seems fairly consistent in that 5-6psi range, which is why I would say to make sure that it is actually the 4" pulley. Otherwise, I would get a Goodyear Gatorback Belt #4070622 and see if you can eliminate the the issue. Also double check everything! One problem I had way back when I first put my kit on was that the O-Ring on the fourth injector did not want to seal inside the s/c manifold. Also, remember that you can turn OBD2 off in K-Manager to not have to deal with the mechanical O2 sim or anything. I have not even had the secondary o2 sensor on my car for the last 2 years.

Edit: I am no K-Pro guru. I am just speaking based on what I have seen with my own car which has almost identical mods are yours.

04EP3Hatch
03-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Are you 100% positive that you are using the 4" pulley and not the 4.4" one? Your A/F looks good at WOT, safe but good. Your redline should be set to 7500rpm with the race kit as well. It could be slippage, but it seems fairly consistent in that 5-6psi range, which is why I would say to make sure that it is actually the 4" pulley. Otherwise, I would get a Goodyear Gatorback Belt #4070622 and see if you can eliminate the the issue. Also double check everything! One problem I had way back when I first put my kit on was that the O-Ring on the fourth injector did not want to seal inside the s/c manifold. Also, remember that you can turn OBD2 off in K-Manager to not have to deal with the mechanical O2 sim or anything. I have not even had the secondary o2 sensor on my car for the last 2 years.

Edit: I am no K-Pro guru. I am just speaking based on what I have seen with my own car which has almost identical mods are yours.

yea i am 100% sure i am using the 4.0, the 4.4 is sitting in my tool box lol, but i honestly could have never thought about the injector o rings leaking, how did you find out your's was and what where your symptoms? i have three other logs that wont upload for some reason, but the boost is all the same as with the AFR's. I was told by superchargedk20, the man i bought the kit from, and from research on CRSX, that if your setup is very free flowing, you may not be hitting "peak" boost as set by the pulley, but since everything is going in and out so effeciently (giggidy) that the blower is just pumping everything through and doesnt have the restriction to build 8psi or so, so therefor im peaking 5.8 or so. But do you think a shorter belt would work better here? and not a longer one? a longer one would allow to tensioner pulley to move farther down, thus wrapping the belt more around the blower pulley

04EP3Hatch
03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
anyone? im paranoid that im only hitting 5.8 psi :(

jerseyjew
03-30-2010, 06:52 PM
anyone? im paranoid that im only hitting 5.8 psi :(

I agree, 5.8 is a little low, but everything else looks in order from my quick glance. PSI with these chargers is such a flimsy thing that I would not be too concerned with the peak # as I would be with the consistency. I do not see any signs of slipping, which is good. 5.8 psi could mean that your exhaust gases are just flowing very well.

superchargedk20
03-30-2010, 07:13 PM
I looked at ur log a million times so far lol. You need to make a better log than that. You only get on it for a couple of seconds. Make one from like 2nd or 3rd gear from like 3500k to almost redline. You will know def if ur slippin or not. 5.8 seems kinda low. Also i dont get when i see 101% TPS and ur Rpm's are dropping? I dont know shit about kpro but that seems weird. I hit alot more boost at a lower RPm than u and I had a BCRH. Heres a street tune we were doing one day if u wana look at it. You gotta make a log closer like this so you can read it better

04EP3Hatch
03-31-2010, 06:09 AM
I looked at ur log a million times so far lol. You need to make a better log than that. You only get on it for a couple of seconds. Make one from like 2nd or 3rd gear from like 3500k to almost redline. You will know def if ur slippin or not. 5.8 seems kinda low. Also i dont get when i see 101% TPS and ur Rpm's are dropping? I dont know shit about kpro but that seems weird. I hit alot more boost at a lower RPm than u and I had a BCRH. Heres a street tune we were doing one day if u wana look at it. You gotta make a log closer like this so you can read it better

yea see in that log your hitting .5psi more than me, maybe your blower is just better ;) lol oh shit but you only went to 5800rpms wtf! :( hey jerseyjew, do you have the 3.8 or the 4.0? and what type of boost were you hitting?

04EP3Hatch
03-31-2010, 06:55 AM
hey, if my basemap is good to 8psi im just gonna throw the 3.8 on and be done... lol

BlownSi05
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
I had the hood open at idle and could hear the whistle coming from where the o-ring on the injector was not sealing right. I agree you need a better datalog. I would say to start low in third gear and pull to redline. This will give a good range to log and review and still keeps you from going too fast on the road...hehe. I am curious now and want to help figure this out! A solid 3rd gear from about 3000RPM to redline should be good.

My mods are the same, except I have the Jackson Racing header and the new 3" Injen SP CAI, and I still peak at 7.9 psi. The more flow you get the lower the PSI with the roots blower. But yours still should not be that low.

BlownSi05
03-31-2010, 11:48 AM
I agree, 5.8 is a little low, but everything else looks in order from my quick glance. PSI with these chargers is such a flimsy thing that I would not be too concerned with the peak # as I would be with the consistency. I do not see any signs of slipping, which is good. 5.8 psi could mean that your exhaust gases are just flowing very well.

This is true as well. That header could be flowing very very well.

04EP3Hatch
03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
This is true as well. That header could be flowing very very well.

well when i switched out from my OBX V2 raceheader to the Kiddracing, it mad a bigger difference than my damn dyno tune did! pulled so much better top end, 1st gear 20mph punch would spin, with the OBX it felt like doodoo, so yea i think this header is just nasty free flowing

Ba82Ep3
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
In for KAL and better KDL...

04EP3Hatch
03-31-2010, 08:37 PM
In for KAL and better KDL...

ill try and hook you guys up with a better one asap

04EP3Hatch
03-31-2010, 08:42 PM
BUMP!!!!!!!!! I know its not much better but it is better than my original dataloggg, sorry for being noobish

Ba82Ep3
03-31-2010, 11:27 PM
No worries, but i need a KAL to compare the KDL to. Upload your current KAL and KDL and ill check it out for you...

02CivicSI-VTEC
03-31-2010, 11:56 PM
belt slippage???

04EP3Hatch
04-01-2010, 03:49 AM
No worries, but i need a KAL to compare the KDL to. Upload your current KAL and KDL and ill check it out for you...

ahh shit, how do i upload the KAL? im gonna have to take my buddies laptop and go for a ride

04EP3Hatch
04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
well i noticed something funny today... rubber dust, all over my engine bay.. hmmm. noticed one more thing, when i punch it at like 3500rpms, the gauge goes to zero as the revs increase for a slight second, then it comes into boost... slippage?

jerseyjew
04-01-2010, 05:11 PM
yea see in that log your hitting .5psi more than me, maybe your blower is just better ;) lol oh shit but you only went to 5800rpms wtf! :( hey jerseyjew, do you have the 3.8 or the 4.0? and what type of boost were you hitting?

I am running the 4.0 pulley and hit about 7.8 - 8.0 psi on the dyno. I run the JRRH and the neuspeed catback which is only about 2.3"

04EP3Hatch
04-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I am running the 4.0 pulley and hit about 7.8 - 8.0 psi on the dyno. I run the JRRH and the neuspeed catback which is only about 2.3"

see what the fudge? i have the same diameter catback, only difference is raceheaders and our intakes. But i dont get it, my boost is to consistent to be slipping, im replacing the belt anyway, any suggestions on brand and size?

BlownSi05
04-02-2010, 06:22 AM
see what the fudge? i have the same diameter catback, only difference is raceheaders and our intakes. But i dont get it, my boost is to consistent to be slipping, im replacing the belt anyway, any suggestions on brand and size?

The boost can seem very consistent while still having belt slip. Basically it will reach a certain RPM and then start sliping and will hold there. It can also increase in boost as it should through the RPM range, but having enough slippage to not be making your full boost at the top. Have you thought about doing a leakdown and compression test just to make sure?

And don't be afraid to tighten the belt a bit. Obviously you do not want to over-tighten, but I can tell you right now that with the 3.8" you will have to sinch it down pretty damn tight to keep it from slipping. Try putting a few turns down on the belt and then drive to check your boost level. I usually have to make 3-4 adjustments once I put a new belt on before I eliminate the slipping. After 500-100 miles I have to adjust again as the belt starts to stretch.

superchargedk20
04-02-2010, 11:44 AM
The boost can seem very consistent while still having belt slip. Basically it will reach a certain RPM and then start sliping and will hold there. It can also increase in boost as it should through the RPM range, but having enough slippage to not be making your full boost at the top. Have you thought about doing a leakdown and compression test just to make sure?

And don't be afraid to tighten the belt a bit. Obviously you do not want to over-tighten, but I can tell you right now that with the 3.8" you will have to sinch it down pretty damn tight to keep it from slipping. Try putting a few turns down on the belt and then drive to check your boost level. I usually have to make 3-4 adjustments once I put a new belt on before I eliminate the slipping. After 500-100 miles I have to adjust again as the belt starts to stretch.
He wont have to sinch anything down tight if he doesnt use the dumb gatorback belt for the 3.8. I duno why you guys are all about that belt. Napa Gates belt FTW

jerseyjew
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
He wont have to sinch anything down tight if he doesnt use the dumb gatorback belt for the 3.8. I duno why you guys are all about that belt. Napa Gates belt FTW

The gatorback is best to use with the 4.0", the gatorback is far superior in quality, but like you said, does not work well with the 3.8" pulley unless of course you are running a 2.5" idler pulley.

skoolnu
04-02-2010, 03:09 PM
I run the 3.8 with the 2.5 and a gatorback... never a problem. I drive hard, boost 10lbs, and rev to 7800... and it loves it.

superchargedk20
04-02-2010, 08:09 PM
The gatorback is best to use with the 4.0", the gatorback is far superior in quality, but like you said, does not work well with the 3.8" pulley unless of course you are running a 2.5" idler pulley.

Yea I never had a problem with it with the 4.0 either. But with the 3.8 I went through 2 of em. One flew off during dyno tuning. WE replaced it with a brand new one and it slipped as well. Even with tensioner all the way down. I hate the gatorback design with all those ridges on em. Its to prevent noise. The napa Gates even though noisy didnt slip at all. And ur tensioner is all the way up because the belt just fits instead of being all the way down with the gatorback.
Basically 4.0= gatorback (still would find a gates in that size if possible)
3.8= Hands down the napa gates. Will not slip on you!

04EP3Hatch
04-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Yea I never had a problem with it with the 4.0 either. But with the 3.8 I went through 2 of em. One flew off during dyno tuning. WE replaced it with a brand new one and it slipped as well. Even with tensioner all the way down. I hate the gatorback design with all those ridges on em. Its to prevent noise. The napa Gates even though noisy didnt slip at all. And ur tensioner is all the way up because the belt just fits instead of being all the way down with the gatorback.
Basically 4.0= gatorback (still would find a gates in that size if possible)
3.8= Hands down the napa gates. Will not slip on you!

now dave, is it the gates belt with the slits going across it or a standard serpentine belt?

04EP3Hatch
04-02-2010, 08:56 PM

oh and hey, i was reading your DIY on belt replacement, when to say you can twist slightly on the belt between the crank and a/c compressor, how much do you mean? i can easily twist mine straight up and down, basically at a 90 degree angle from its original point

04EP3Hatch
04-02-2010, 08:59 PM
also... i know this is kind of a weird idea. But i want to run the 3.8, but there's no basemap for it. Do you guys think i could put the 3.8 on and run like IK24 plugs, one step colder than the colder ones we use? Im using IK22's now but i ONLY want to put the pulley on and drive around to check for slippage prior to my tune! im not going to race or beat the balls off of it, just want to use IK24's (or equivalents) to eliminate knock and some heat from using the 3.8 on the 4.0's base, even though i am only hitting 6psi :( lol the 3.8 would prolly even me out

superchargedk20
04-02-2010, 10:56 PM
now dave, is it the gates belt with the slits going across it or a standard serpentine belt?

There were no slits on it. Just get the one on the part number on that video. Also the 3.8 will knock so i dont reccomend u seeing if it slips on ur last post. If anything since u know the guys at xenecron, get the belt i told u, bring it with u with the 3.8 pulley and change it at xenecron, it takes like 10 mins. You were in my car and my shit never slipped. The gates belt is the way to go with the 3.8. I tightened that shit once and that was only because of the first time it being on belts tend to stretch. Its a good belt man. Its noisy but i will take noise over performance anyday

04EP3Hatch
04-03-2010, 04:00 AM
There were no slits on it. Just get the one on the part number on that video. Also the 3.8 will knock so i dont reccomend u seeing if it slips on ur last post. If anything since u know the guys at xenecron, get the belt i told u, bring it with u with the 3.8 pulley and change it at xenecron, it takes like 10 mins. You were in my car and my shit never slipped. The gates belt is the way to go with the 3.8. I tightened that shit once and that was only because of the first time it being on belts tend to stretch. Its a good belt man. Its noisy but i will take noise over performance anyday

true, ill just do that then, or the night before just change it at home and baby it there if chris doesnt have the time to do it, he's hooking me up so i dont want to ask to much more of him ya know. We all went the the track last night and i drove my car, and it killed me that i couldnt run :(

04EP3Hatch
04-03-2010, 03:16 PM
bump for advice!

jerseyjew
04-03-2010, 05:47 PM
oh and hey, i was reading your DIY on belt replacement, when to say you can twist slightly on the belt between the crank and a/c compressor, how much do you mean? i can easily twist mine straight up and down, basically at a 90 degree angle from its original point

You definitely should not be able to twist the belt that much. With a long screwdriver or socket extension you should be able to push down on the belt on the longest section in between pulleys and get about 1/2" - 3/4" deflection. Take these "guesstimate" suggestions with a grain of salt. I have been using this technique for about 5 years and 40k+ miles and have never had a problem.

BlownSi05
04-06-2010, 05:22 AM
You definitely should not be able to twist the belt that much. With a long screwdriver or socket extension you should be able to push down on the belt on the longest section in between pulleys and get about 1/2" - 3/4" deflection. Take these "guesstimate" suggestions with a grain of salt. I have been using this technique for about 5 years and 40k+ miles and have never had a problem.

I have always sort of done the same thing. The fact is that even on the 4" pulley, the belt is a bit tighter than the belt is in stock form.

As far as the Gatorback belts tearing up with the 3.8" pulley, I have never had this issue. My friend had this issue on his RSX-S when he went to the 3.4" (7 PSI) pulley. It would shread an entire rib off as soon as he got into it. Unfortunately he totaled it before we could really figure out what was causing it, but the only two things I could surmise is that either the new s/c pulley was warped, or it was not lining up correctly with the other pulley's on the motor. The latter is my guess personally. The point is, if everything is correct and the s/c pulley is in good working order (i.e. correct dimensions, not warped, built correctly) then you should not tear up belts just by going to a smaller pulley.

04EP3Hatch
04-11-2010, 08:02 PM
well i put the 3.8 on, and im running on the basemap still, but i am barely seeing 8psi on the boost gauge :( if i do a second gear pull, which is over in a few seconds, car pulls very strong, the gauge will sit around 7.5 and fall off to 7, if i do a 3rd gear pull, it will creep to almost 8. WTF is going on here? i have no slippage and im getting tuned wednesday so im hoping that optimizing the cam tables will hopefully yeild some more boost, or just more consistent

04EP3Hatch
04-11-2010, 08:02 PM
someone helppp, colaborate please!

BlownSi05
04-12-2010, 04:49 AM
well i put the 3.8 on, and im running on the basemap still, but i am barely seeing 8psi on the boost gauge :( if i do a second gear pull, which is over in a few seconds, car pulls very strong, the gauge will sit around 7.5 and fall off to 7, if i do a 3rd gear pull, it will creep to almost 8. WTF is going on here? i have no slippage and im getting tuned wednesday so im hoping that optimizing the cam tables will hopefully yeild some more boost, or just more consistent

I wouldn't use the gauge in this instance to tell whether or not the belt is slipping, use datalogs. Gauges are not always accurate and are more of a general guide than exact reading. If you are making 8 PSI on the 3.8" pulley, that would be about right if you have really good flow in and out. Just remember with the JRSC its not about max PSI, but making sure the PSI climbs to redline and doesn't drop off. (boost leak or belt slip). Datalog it and make sure the belt is not slipping, and if all is well, go ahead with the tune. A well flowing setup making 8 PSI max will make more power then a more restrictive flowing setup making 10 PSI with the roots blower.

04EP3Hatch
04-12-2010, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't use the gauge in this instance to tell whether or not the belt is slipping, use datalogs. Gauges are not always accurate and are more of a general guide than exact reading. If you are making 8 PSI on the 3.8" pulley, that would be about right if you have really good flow in and out. Just remember with the JRSC its not about max PSI, but making sure the PSI climbs to redline and doesn't drop off. (boost leak or belt slip). Datalog it and make sure the belt is not slipping, and if all is well, go ahead with the tune. A well flowing setup making 8 PSI max will make more power then a more restrictive flowing setup making 10 PSI with the roots blower.

very good point, i have no way to log though :( i dont have a laptop, wednesday all the info will be translated, wether i have a leak, slip, or i have a good setup. who knows till then ya know. if we have a leak or a slip, chris will help me pinpoint it and hopefully we can fix the problem right there

BlownSi05
04-12-2010, 08:50 AM
very good point, i have no way to log though :( i dont have a laptop, wednesday all the info will be translated, wether i have a leak, slip, or i have a good setup. who knows till then ya know. if we have a leak or a slip, chris will help me pinpoint it and hopefully we can fix the problem right there

Good deal man. Can't wait to see the results of the tunez:mtongue:

04EP3Hatch
04-12-2010, 09:19 AM
me neither, it pulls hard right now with just the 3.8 on the 4.0's basemap :mrolleyes: i know not safe but i couldnt resist. i cant imagine after the tune