PDA

View Full Version : tie rod end's?

1fasthb
03-30-2010, 09:30 PM
so i just went to get my oild changed and get my tires changed around and they said my tie rod ends are goin out and need new one's here soon, sooooo if this is true what should i noticed from this? also if i have to get new 1's what should i get?

also are these any good just seen them http://www.vexmotorsports.com/Ksport--Tie-Rod-Ends--Honda-Civic-EP3-02-05_p_5511.html

MugenReplica
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
You shouldn't need anything more than stock.

-Are you dropped below 1.5"s?
-Do you have problems with steering rack creak?

RedSiBaron
03-30-2010, 09:49 PM
hey man, your shop is probably right, but it might not be as bad as you think :mwink:

first off, it may just be the boots on your end links that need replaced. in that case, they are cheap from honda and you just throw them on there after repacking with grease, done and done

second, they may be worn out, in which case, you really need to just go out and buy new ones from honda

the best way to tell is visually inspect them and look for damage to the boots...if they arent connected to the upright, you can move them and see if they feel like they have play in them or are easy to move, which would indicate the actual metal is worn.

this said...

DONT BUY THE ONES YOU POSTED...those are open socket spherical links...they are adjustable to adjust bump steer, and depending on your drop id be concerned with them catching on the frame...ALSO due to their construction (though great for racing) will be extremely loud to the point you wont be giving two flying fucks about your steering rack creak because of the noise from your end links...

if they need replacing get stock, keep the car quiet

1fasthb
03-31-2010, 08:06 AM
ah ok, i do get the creak every now and then but not all the time like i hear it 1 time a month maybe, i look'd at the papers they gave me and stock 1's are like 200 for both left and right, and they also what like 100ish to install them, so i guess when i go out today i will take a look at them thanks for the help

oh and also my car is on skunk2 sleeve's and i am as low as i can go and have been this setup for like 3years now

sittinlow
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
ah ok, i do get the creak every now and then but not all the time like i hear it 1 time a month maybe, i look'd at the papers they gave me and stock 1's are like 200 for both left and right, and they also what like 100ish to install them, so i guess when i go out today i will take a look at them thanks for the help

oh and also my car is on skunk2 sleeve's and i am as low as i can go and have been this setup for like 3years now

I hated that setup... I ended up snapping one of the springs in half... litterally....

just driving..... I was pissed.

1fasthb
04-02-2010, 08:49 AM
well i went and took a look my tie rod's dont move with me trying to move them i did see a few cracks in the bushing so im hoping it is just that, but get some new bushing's in a few days at honda and get them put in and see what happens

codyep3
04-02-2010, 09:26 AM
just replaced mine with Honda, ride is nice and quiet.

Deadphishy
04-02-2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/14s5s01_b3310.png
#009, you need 002, TIE ROD END $37.49

Majestic honda #369139

easy to do yourself.

Personally i got Ends from a local parts store. They were 18 bucks each. They look pretty solid. havn't had a problem with them. However that was something i had to do cause honda was close for the weekend, and i need to get on the road. Normally i wouldn't use that option.