PDA

View Full Version : Horn Modifications... :D

TrippZ
12-01-2002, 01:02 PM
The funniest thing I thinky ou can do to a car is to modify the horn. I always had an idea where i'd have this rice rocket, with big wings and body kits, and the horn would be like a Semi's horn... BWAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know how to change the horn on our car? or improve it? how about how to make our ohrn do little tunes and stuff?

Please help! i want people to look at my car, and be like "pussy car" and then ill just park by them, press my horn, and make them crap in their pants (im immature :))

02blksi
12-01-2002, 01:21 PM
just buy hella air horns, there LOUD AS FAWK!

CgSi
12-01-2002, 01:27 PM
I'm going to get some Hella air horns soon. I might mount one in the rear somewhere too =)

TrippZ
12-01-2002, 01:32 PM
but how do i connect it to my car? and doesnt the "air" in the airhorn run out?

CgSi
12-01-2002, 01:41 PM
I think it sucks in air like a turbo ???

Mount somewhere and just switch the wires....I think

not much help sorry, but it can't be that hard at all

TrippZ
12-01-2002, 01:52 PM
where do i get a new horn at?

CgSi
12-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Try PepBoys, Autozone, Kragen, etc,etc. They def. have them there.

TrippZ
12-01-2002, 02:43 PM
so does anyone knwo exactly how to do it? that guy with the 3d retros in the members ride did it... just no instructions :(

MINIVANKILLER
12-01-2002, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I disconnected one once before. It was made by edelbrock (if I remember correctly). It came with it's own pump and lining to go with it. The only thing you had to do was locate factory or aftermarket horn and splice into it....You may have to use another grounding point also...Real easy hook up...Real problem is finding places to mount all of the stuff....Good luck..

TrippZ
12-01-2002, 03:51 PM
how do you ground wires? i never understood that...

also, can anyone give a step by step instruction? please? lol im looking around and i cant find nothin

ep pilot
12-01-2002, 04:01 PM
When I had my '91 Integra (GS) I went down to the local auto recycle park, paid $2 to get in found a 1977-78 Pontiac Parissian Brougham ripped the horn out of it, paid $5 for the horn assy, JerryRigged it up to my teggy and off I went. It sounded alot like a simi truck. about 10 min to install I suspect an (EP) would be just as easy.

-Ryan

P.S. Just think how loud that would be when you lock your doors and the alarm goes Beep!

TrippZ
12-01-2002, 04:11 PM
ok, thats cool, but its not what i was asking

Im looking for steps on how to actually take out the old horna nd put a new one in...

civicracer.com
12-01-2002, 05:44 PM
i have the accord 2003 V6 horn in my EP

sounds great!

MINIVANKILLER
12-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Go to the local hardware store (Auto Zone, Pep Boys) and invest in a test light. It will be your new best friend with these easty installs. If you buy a horn from a well know manufac. they will have instructions on how to install. If you decide to go and find one at a junkyard, local bicycle shop :D , or neighbors new pinto in the front yard. You will learn to love the test light. This will make it where when you turn on your headlights your horn will not blow. :eek: Just get the stuff and I will walk you through it. Let me know...

Suk02Si
12-02-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by ep pilot
P.S. Just think how loud that would be when you lock your doors and the alarm goes Beep!

hahaha *bwuuuuahhhhh*

TrippZ
12-02-2002, 03:49 PM
ok, i found something that i might want
I was at autozone yesterday and i found this 3 horned thing. it was huge. biggest kind they had. $29.99. 3 Horns and this huge center piece... ill get more info later...