PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 email

talonXracer
03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
So I just got an Email from Skunk2 complaining about cloned mani's hitting the market.

"""For years, unscrupulous competitors have advertised their knock-off intake manifolds as being the “same as Skunk2.” They aren’t. Skunk2’s Pro Series Intake Manifold continues to set the bar and remains the most copied intake manifold around simply because it’s the best. Learn why Pro Series Intake Manifolds stand apart from the rest and how you can avoid being fooled by the clone makers."""

LOL they say they set the bar and their mani is the best, LOL

Looks like a low cost alternative for the Kseries will be hitting the market soon.....

Tnhatch03
03-31-2010, 06:46 PM
But didn't they JUST release this?

lol

Kerby
03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
It's the best cause it doesn't have any moving parts....:tape:

LLH
03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
^lol^

Recived this email too, Is their K series intake mani bolt on in the EP3? no modding of the rad support and no need for water block off thingy? if so, and if i theres a discount it may be a okay option for the rbc.. rbc still made more power i think i read..

Jiyakku2
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
So I just got an Email from Skunk2 complaining about cloned mani's hitting the market.

"""For years, unscrupulous competitors have advertised their knock-off intake manifolds as being the “same as Skunk2.” They aren’t. Skunk2’s Pro Series Intake Manifold continues to set the bar and remains the most copied intake manifold around simply because it’s the best. Learn why Pro Series Intake Manifolds stand apart from the rest and how you can avoid being fooled by the clone makers."""

LOL they say they set the bar and their mani is the best, LOL

Looks like a low cost alternative for the Kseries will be hitting the market soon.....

It is actually the B Pro-Series manifold that is cloned. The knockoff company even cloned the packaging and carb sticker as well. Fortunately the K-Manifolds are still made in sunny SoCal as we keep the core box locally to avoid being whored out.

talonXracer
04-01-2010, 06:09 AM
OK, so it is only the Bseries then,,,,

LouisianaEP3
04-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Yeah JHPUSA.com has this posted on their Facebook. It affects the B-Series Manifolds. I wonder now if the one I bought a few years ago for my B16 is fake lol.

MugenReplica
04-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Huh, forgery CARB stickers, lol.

oldschoolimport
04-01-2010, 07:26 AM
forged CARB stickers and fake hard parts are bad enough, but bill simpson that owns impact racing, was forging SFI patches and stickers, and using cheap hardware for HANS device clips. now all of their safety equipment is being decertified, and is in question whether its compliant.