PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Seats??

vboy127
03-31-2010, 08:48 PM
So, my OEM seats are worn to hell. I was considering going with some aftermarket replacements, however, I've looked around and seems like installing aftermarket seats cause the SRS light to turn on. Is there anyway to make this go away? I've read some threads of people attempting it, but never really succeeding any thoughts?

LLH
03-31-2010, 10:01 PM
I think i would have approced this the same way as done on cars that have the passenger front airbag removed becase of a child seat in the front seat(or a sterring wheel change). In other words, a resistor in the conector for the airbag. what kind of resistor you would need i got no idea about.

vboy127
03-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Yea, I believe it was "raiyo" who tried the resistor thing and it never worked. :(

03silverEP
03-31-2010, 11:29 PM
My drivers seat bottom is trashed also. The passenger is fine. FYI- I put cheap 'Sparco Copy' seats in my delSol they were beautiful for a year, but the fabric was crap and they had holes in they soon. So get real Recaro SRD's ($2000 for a pair w/sliders :(

**From Honda you can buy just a new drivers lower seatcover for $201. It would need to installed by a upholstery guy though. PartNumber 81531-S5T-A01ZB.

Civicvtec1ps
04-01-2010, 07:47 PM
IF you dont have airbags on factory seats.
You wont get the srs light as long as you keep stock seat belt unit.

vboy127
04-01-2010, 08:36 PM
IF you dont have airbags on factory seats.
You wont get the srs light as long as you keep stock seat belt unit.

Well thats good news haha, I don't have airbags on my factory seats. But, how do I hook the stock seat belt unit to aftermarket seats??

Blue03Si
04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I have an aftermarket seat in my car. Its a Recaro speed. Like someone said, you need to use the stock seat belt receiver to keep from getting an SRS light. I bough my seat bracket and sliders from Wedge Engineering. Their bracket allows you to mount the seat belt receive to it, so I'm using my stock seat belt still.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/limitedsc2k1/Civic%20Pics/Interior/IMG_0738.jpg