PDA

View Full Version : rsx suspension on ep3 - help...

Blindeye_03
04-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I have an 03 dc5r suspension that I am installing on my car this weekend - I had a thread bookmarked but I guess its deleted now.

I need to know about the rear suspension - what needs to be worked on or ground down to let the rear struts fit?

I know about the fronts and the tie rod ends..got that covered.

Thanks for the help.

Justin

juan martinez
04-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I am getting ready to put the a spec DC5 on mine. Just throw those rears on there, they fit right in and they don't need anything else. What tie rods did you go with. I got the T1R reverse RSX ends.

lilflx
04-03-2010, 10:14 PM
u need dc5 tie-rod end.. as for the rear, u only need to tap the bracket of the rear lower control arm where the suspension is bolted to make it slightly larger so the dc5 coilover fit in..

Blindeye_03
04-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Well the rears were a pain in the ass to get in - needed between 3mm to 4mm of shaving to get them fit into there, and as for the fronts the tie rod ends was all I needed. I was going to get rsx-s tie rod ends but bought tie rod ends for a honda Element... those were a bit cheaper than the rsx-s tie rod ends and are the same parts. No real reason to get inverted tie rod ends since the dc5r struts dont drop the car much at all, in fact the car looks like it might be half an inch lower IF that.

I also have new compliance bushings installed and hasport motormounts with 60a inserts (I couldnt imagine anything stiffer...).