PDA

View Full Version : Contrary to belief

barcelon
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
The HFP suspension kit is not that rare to find. I posted a thread a while back asking info on it and found out official info from the dealer. I found the suspension kit for 650 bucks thats including tax (jersey). Much cheaper than i thought. They also said it officially lowers the car 1". FYI

Blindeye_03
04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
By all means, dont tell us where you got it from..

Kerby
04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
who or whom ever stated that it's rare to find?
a search could have given you the answer.
the results of that search would have led you to do another search for cheap oem part suppliers.
This would have made you open a new window in your web browser to see if those dealerships had it in stock and you could have compared prices to see who was cheaper.

barcelon
04-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah thats what i was told the last post i put up i was like DAMN until i started calling dealers... Blindeye the honda dealer I'm gonna buy them from is "Honda autosport" on rt 22 bridgewater NJ.

Blindeye_03
04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Not in the market for one - just got me a dc5r suspension for my ep3 but I figured it would help others looking for it.

usedep3
04-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Oh no! How are members that bought the suspension for $350 going to sell them at a premium now?

2k3hatchie
04-01-2010, 01:08 PM
$650 is a damn good price. I'm going to start calling around to the dealers cause that's waaaaay less than the Bilstein/Eibach combo I was planning on.

ShadowEP3
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
isnt there a brand new HFP suspension in the classifieds :shrug:

MugenReplica
04-01-2010, 03:11 PM
DC5R suspension is the best way to go for a DD IMO. I rode in an Ep3 with a DC5R suspension installed and it really responded and felt almost identical to my Mugen SS. Made me feel stupid for spending the cash on the Mugen SS (Other than bling appeal of course).

barcelon
04-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah dudes definatly getting them next week. Now the other pain is the installation ...was reading its like 2-300 bucks for installation. Havent actually called for estimates just what i've read in from googling prices. DIY seems to complicated for me dont have tools like that. Anyone know what the average price a mechanic charges?

BeaterEP
04-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah dudes definatly getting them next week. Now the other pain is the installation ...was reading its like 2-300 bucks for installation. Havent actually called for estimates just what i've read in from googling prices. DIY seems to complicated for me dont have tools like that. Anyone know what the average price a mechanic charges?

For the HFP, the install really isn't that hard. First of all, they come pre-assembled, no need to compress springs or anything painful like that.
The hardest part is probably getting the lower ball joints out, and for that all you really need is a $25-$30 tool and some common sense. I'd just find a buddy locally and go to work some Saturday morning, it's pretty straightforward.
And if all else fails, post up here and ask about any of the spots you might be stuck on, someone will chime in and give you some good advice.
:thumbu:

PS:
Back on topic, that's good to know. I think that's what I picked up my HFP kit for, and I friggin love it! Was worried what I was gonna do in a couple of years when I wear it out, maybe I can just pick up a replacement set now and hang on to it for a rainy day. :D

oneglory
04-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh no! How are members that bought the suspension for $350 going to sell them at a premium now?

shit, i got mine for $270

socmex7
04-01-2010, 05:06 PM

wanna sell it to me :mangel:?

barcelon
04-01-2010, 06:12 PM

Woah woah woah each one or the whole set???? If the whole set where did you get this awesome price?????!!!!! were they new?

oneglory
04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Woah woah woah each one or the whole set???? If the whole set where did you get this awesome price?????!!!!! were they new?

it was last year when somebody on here found them on ebay for $270/set BNIB. I bought the first set and about 10 people followed.

oneglory
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Dear xxxxxx,
You are the winning buyer for the item below. Thank you for your business!

Item title: GENUINE HONDA CIVIC 3dr H/B Si HFP SPORT SUSPENSION KIT
Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370182913329
Item number: 370182913329
Buyer User ID: xxxxxxx
Seller User ID: magautoparts

Your total is:
$279.99 per item
$0.00 Va sales tax
$0.00 shipping/handling
-----
$279.99 = Total

If you are not located in Virginia, please deduct sales tax from total.

If you want to mail your payment, please send it and include a copy of this
page to:

Mechanicsville Honda
6534 MECHANICSVILLE TPKE
MECHANICSVILLE, VA 231113697

Thank you again for your purchase.

sorry $279

barcelon
04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
it was last year when somebody on here found them on ebay for $270/set BNIB. I bought the first set and about 10 people followed.

DANG! lol... Thats practically a gift hmmmmm in that case im actually gonna look around some more if not dealer it is. Can't wait to get these installed my baby is gonna look sexy 1" lower with the 17" hfp rims and lip kit. Already have people looking and commenting that made me beef up security lol... Next on my list a 50 shot wet nitrous system but thats for another forum.

Slip_Angle
04-01-2010, 08:57 PM
For the HFP, the install really isn't that hard. First of all, they come pre-assembled, no need to compress springs or anything painful like that.
The hardest part is probably getting the lower ball joints out, and for that all you really need is a $25-$30 tool and some common sense.

There's no need to remove ball joints to replace the suspension. Or are you talking about something else?

Canuck Civic
04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
He's Probably talking about the tie rod ends.

2k3hatchie
04-02-2010, 06:06 AM
I got in touch with that Dealer in NJ and they said they don't have any in stock. My search continues!

usedep3
04-02-2010, 06:25 AM
The hardest part is probably getting the lower ball joints out, and for that all you really need is a $25-$30 tool and some common sense. I'd just find a buddy locally and go to work some Saturday morning, it's pretty straightforward.
And if all else fails, post up here and ask about any of the spots you might be stuck on, someone will chime in and give you some good advice.
:thumbu:

PS:
Back on topic, that's good to know. I think that's what I picked up my HFP kit for, and I friggin love it! Was worried what I was gonna do in a couple of years when I wear it out, maybe I can just pick up a replacement set now and hang on to it for a rainy day. :D

this. it's pretty easy. its really just a bolt on job. i had never done anything like this. it took me a day to do it and i did it alone. save yourself the $200-$300 on the install and do it yourself on a weekend. i just bought a tie rod end puller from autozone and a can of pb blaster. use the PB blaster to soak the crap out of the bolts (especially the rear bolt on the bottom of the strut). i sprayed them twice a day for a week and they came off like buttah. do it yourself. its a great learning experience AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU WILL KNOW HOW WELL THE WORK WAS DONE. Most shops just want to get the job done and get the job done fast. it felt good getting it done on my own.

here's the link for the install: link (http://home.comcast.net/~powdbyrice/HFP%20Instructions.pdf)

yea, i never got to thank you for the heads up. THANKS! i only said $350 bc i think that was the highest it went IIRC. i ended up buying 2 sets. 1 extra just in case i needed it later down the road. im glad i did now. i only got to enjoy the first set for a few months before my ep got totaled.

2k3hatchie
04-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Every dealer i've got in touch with says that there are none available in the complete dealer parts database.

Usedep3, do you still have that extra kit heh?

oneglory
04-02-2010, 09:50 AM
i kinda kicked myself in the pants for not buying more than one set @ $279. Not to be greedy but I could have sold them at $400 later and still would have been a good deal for the buyer whilst making me some cash. Oh well.

usedep3
04-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Every dealer i've got in touch with says that there are none available in the complete dealer parts database.

Usedep3, do you still have that extra kit heh?

i still got it, but i'm holding on to it bc i'm getting a new EP. its already lowered, if i like how it rides i'll sell the spare HFP suspension. but fair warning, i already promised it to one other person. i'll let you know.

i kinda kicked myself in the pants for not buying more than one set @ $279. Not to be greedy but I could have sold them at $400 later and still would have been a good deal for the buyer whilst making me some cash. Oh well.

yea, i was in the market to get some progress coils. i figured i was gonna spend the money anyway, worse case scenario i could've easy sold the extra set.

kai-wun
04-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Does anyone have a part no. for the entire package?

oneglory
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
does anyone have a part no. For the entire package?

08w60-s5t-100

firmk20
04-06-2010, 03:31 PM
08w60-s5t-100

make sure you look around at a few dealers cause when you put that part # in some places have it listed as discontinued.

ep3demon
04-07-2010, 12:22 AM
search my ass i got a bunch of nothing on these cheap hfp kits where are u guys getting them from

majestic dont have them at all fyi