PDA

View Full Version : Fog light burned a hole through my front bumper!

0h5ive_EP3
04-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Somehow, the bulb for my foglight fell out of the assembly and i noticed smoke coming from my car. I pull over and notice that my one foglight is out and see that the bulb is sticking out of the bumper and burned a hole through it!

Do foglights normally get this hot? Or is this because i wired it to my ballast of my HIDs? Any opinions?

ShadowEP3
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
they get hot..i had the same thing happen to me (with my lip) but it didnt burn thru

talonXracer
04-02-2010, 05:48 AM
WHAT? you wired your foglights to the Hid ballast? Not a smart idea. They require to be on their own circuit.

Incandescent bulbs get very hot, enough to give you third degree burns if touched, and at that temp plastic doesnt stand a chance.

usedep3
04-02-2010, 06:27 AM
yup the fogs get very hot. you can see steam coming off of them when it rains. i burnt through so many lamin-x films bc of the fogs

civictype_r04
04-02-2010, 08:53 AM
WHAT? you wired your foglights to the Hid ballast? Not a smart idea. They require to be on their own circuit.

Incandescent bulbs get very hot, enough to give you third degree burns if touched, and at that temp plastic doesnt stand a chance.

I'm with him!!!!