PDA

View Full Version : rate my alignment

WhiteComet
04-03-2010, 02:54 PM
So I just put my HFP suspension back on and got it aligned at goodyear. I had an Ingalls camber kit front and back so I thought I would be able to get the settings I wanted (it's supposed to be able to adjust 1 degree), but below is came out to...they "said" that negative camber was maxed in the front even with the Ingalls camber kit. You guys think they were bssing me?

Camber
Front Left: -.5 degrees
Front Right: -.7 degrees
Rear Left: -.7 degrees
Rear Right: -.7 degrees

Toe:
Front Left: -.11 degrees
Front Right: -.10 degrees
Rear Left: .10 degrees
Rear Right: .08 degrees

What I requested for them was ZZYZx's recommended settings:

Camber Front = -1.5
Camber Rear = -.75
Toe front = 1/32nd toe out
Toe Rear = 1/32nd toe in

What do you guys think of my alignment? Should I be happy with it or pay some other place to try giving me more negative camber in the front? The rear appears to be OK.

HondaFreak
04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
I call IDIOTS doing alignments. Dude your not the first to get jacked by monkeys doing jobs they have NO business doing.
With Ingalls you SHOULD be getting at least -1.5º in front. You should NOT be toe "in" or "minus" more than 1/16" in front IMHO. And you also shouildn't be toe out in the rear IMHO. Toe should be 0 in the rear.
I always get 1/16 toe in on the front, so when the suspension compresses it hits 0 toe or slightly toe out. Here's my alignment sheet with Ingalls kit in the front. It's old since I have put on offset spherical's since.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/HondaFreak_01/Align.jpg

Christian

ep_hatcher_510
04-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Idiots is right, i had that happen to be before going to sears gave them instructions and they did not follow, i had camber plates and they didn't know what it was until i told them, so all i go to now are performance places that specializes in working with lowered cars. I go to motor sport techniques in Hayward and have always been happy with my alignments there, there are a few other places around the bay so look them up.

WhiteComet
04-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Well for the toe, i asked the front to be 1/32nd toe out and the rear to be 1/32nd toe in...and when I got the alignment, the measurements were in degrees:

Toe:

Do those match the measurements for what I requested? I'm kinda a nub with this sort of thing.

BlownSi05
04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
One thing I have learned; A laser alignment machine do not a good alignment tech make.

I personally do not like using the laser machines and prefer an old skool alignment rack all done by hand. A good tech that does not have his head up his as can make quick work of a good alignment using the machines though. But as stated, the tech needs to be past a third grade level, which the guys who did yours obviously are not. I would pitch a fit personally, but respectfully of course. Either get your money back, or partial at least, or make them actually do it right. I would not let it go though.

WhiteComet
04-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Well for the toe, i asked the front to be 1/32nd toe out and the rear to be 1/32nd toe in...and when I got the alignment, the measurements were in degrees so I have no idea if the toe settings are good..

Toe:

Do those match the measurements for what I requested? I'm kinda a nub with this sort of thing.

Anyone know the answer to this? Also....I was told by someone else...that the lack of adjustment may have something to do with me having the HFP suspension. Is this true?

yalp2yap
04-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone know the answer to this? Also....I was told by someone else...that the lack of adjustment may have something to do with me having the HFP suspension. Is this true?

depends on if you're looking for 1/32" total toe or 1/32" per side. 1/32" per side is about 0.07 deg per wheel. (+ is IN, - is OUT)
don't know about the camber with HFP. seems like you should be able to get more with cam bolts.

WhiteComet
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
depends on if you're looking for 1/32" total toe or 1/32" per side. 1/32" per side is about 0.07 deg per wheel. (+ is IN, - is OUT)
don't know about the camber with HFP. seems like you should be able to get more with cam bolts.

Well looks like they got the Toe right then. In that case, what I will probabyl do is buy an extra set of bolts and bring them to another place to align the front for some more negative camber. Any of u guys know if it will be cheaper to align just the front? And will alignment places be able to put in the camber bolt for me?

yalp2yap
04-07-2010, 11:52 AM
You may want to make sure the shop has those camber bolts installed the right way before getting a second set. To increase negative camber the bolt should be on top with the tab on the washer facing towards the inside.

Stas03Si
04-10-2010, 05:54 PM
When I first put in my cam bolts I could only get like -.5 degree out of it. So if they're telling you that it's maxed out, it very well may be.

MadLorEP3
04-12-2010, 01:01 AM
just make sure camber bolts are installed properly

the first time I installed them, I did so incorrectly

dofu2
04-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Front camber could be better, but you do want more negative camber on the passenger side than the driver side up front.

Idiots is right, i had that happen to be before going to sears gave them instructions and they did not follow, i had camber plates and they didn't know what it was until i told them, so all i go to now are performance places that specializes in working with lowered cars. I go to motor sport techniques in Hayward and have always been happy with my alignments there, there are a few other places around the bay so look them up.

The Wheel Works in Sunnyvale does some good alignments.

rd02SiR
04-12-2010, 05:57 AM
if i go toe out in the front, will the front not want to "walk" away from me? I have 0 toe and it wants to walk away on the highway. I'm going back for OEM alignment specs.

HondaFreak
04-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Front camber could be better, but you do want more negative camber on the passenger side than the driver side up front.

The Wheel Works in Sunnyvale does some good alignments.

HA HA That's the place that gave me .7 all the way around and couldn't max it out. MONKEY'S, and dumb one's too. DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!
Bring me the car, I'll do better with 2 sticks and some bubble gum.
Christian