PDA

View Full Version : Problems. T1R reverse Tie Rod ends on RSX A spec suspension setup.

juan martinez
04-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Me and a friend just got done putting in RSX A spec suspension in the rear and got up front and found a problem. I got the T1R reverse tie rod ends for an rsx. When we went to put them on, I found out that the suspension was too low to mount the tie rods on. Do I need to get that adaptor that changes the angle of the tie rod where they connect to the electric steering? Thanks for any help.

dobbs02si
04-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Too low? You will have to explain better. You may have to use flipped tie rods AND the rack bracket though, thats not uncommon.

juan martinez
04-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Too low? You will have to explain better. You may have to use flipped tie rods AND the rack bracket though, thats not uncommon.

Yeah, I should have explained better. My brain pretty much quit on me when i did this thread. Ok, when I put my tie rod ends on the tie rods, I would have to jack up the suspension to be able to mount below the mounting point on the strut as the tie rod is hitting the body where that structural bar bolts from driver to passenger sides. the angle isn't right. I didn't get the rack bracket and I think thats why its not at the angle I need it to be. My question is, will that bracket fix the problem.

Blindeye_03
04-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I thought the reverse tie rod ends were for if you were slamming your car? Why didnt you just get some oem tie rods?

Honda element tie rod ends went on perfect with my dc5r suspension...

ep_hatcher_510
04-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure i know what is going on, and if that is then you are not low enough to use the reverse tie rod ends, the arm on the strut is not high enough for the tie rod arm to clear the chassis.

go back to OEM RSX ends, the a spec suspension absolutely do not need the reversed ends at all.

juan martinez
04-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Should I get OEM RSX tie rod ends or honda element. I know one type is shorter and one is longer. If for RSX, base or Type S work good?

Blindeye_03
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Should I get OEM RSX tie rod ends or honda element. I know one type is shorter and one is longer. If for RSX, base or Type S work good?

honda element = rsx tie rod ends. They are the same part number. The part numbers are on my computer at home (where I will be later tonight).

03 rsx base 53541-S7A-003
03 rsx type s 53541-S7A-003
03 honda element 53541-S7A-003

looks the same to me :), and you save like $1 getting the element parts vs the rsx part...which really doesnt matter IMO, just if you get them online order from who ever charges less shipping. BUT be sure you get the nut for the tie rod ends.

juan martinez
04-04-2010, 02:59 PM
honda element = rsx tie rod ends. They are the same part number. The part numbers are on my computer at home (where I will be later tonight).

03 rsx base 53541-S7A-003
03 rsx type s 53541-S7A-003
03 honda element 53541-S7A-003

looks the same to me :), and you save like $1 getting the element parts vs the rsx part...which really doesnt matter IMO, just if you get them online order from who ever charges less shipping. BUT be sure you get the nut for the tie rod ends.

Cool. Thanks for the help. Guess I need to sell off my reverse tie rod ends then. Shame I wasted money on them. Can I just get a nut from Lowes. I had to do taht today for temp job where I"m using civic tie rod ends now.

Blindeye_03
04-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Shouldnt be a problem.. I used Ace hardware bolts to attach my engine to the trans in my miata motor to the engine stand and they worked for as long as I needed them to.

juan martinez
04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I guess I'll just order some stock rsx tie rod ends.