PDA

View Full Version : white rims???

Chrisbgft
12-01-2002, 06:49 PM
hey, i have been looking for some white rims for my silver ep. right now, i am stuck on the Tenzo-R ZT-6. All white with the red writing around the lip. What do u guys think? Do u know any other nice white rims that wont kill me in price for both wheels and tires?

Nosjunke
12-01-2002, 07:19 PM
I've been considering rims a lot as of late, and I don't think white rims on a silver EP will look good. Don't you think silver 17" or polished 17" would look better. I have a white EP and I even think white would look ugly on my car. The whites may not match. Whatever color you do decide, remember you are going to have to clean them. What I mean is if you get wheels that have A LOT of stuff on it (wire wheels-example) they are a pain to get them show ready. If you get say a Racing Hart C5 5-star wheel, it'll clean up real easy and show off your big brake kit. Just my .02
White wheels will require many cleanings as they get dull fast from dust and dirt, not to mention tire dressing.
I have a white mustang GT with white 16" pony wheels. So I have a little experience here.
Matt

irrational
12-02-2002, 01:33 PM
I think that some white rims would like tight on my white ep. Most of the people i know who have had them warn against them for them being prone to discoloration or a mismatch like you mentioned. Can anybody else relate to this?

Nosjunke
12-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Today I saw a white ford ranger, probably about a 98-99 model, that had air bags on it, and white Cobra R wheels. Looked great. I don't know if it was just because it was dumped on the wheels or what, but it was pretty trick.

IceD out N CALI
12-02-2002, 01:49 PM
how much were you looking to spend? oz makes those white superleggeras. nice lightweight wheel that is white like u want

2fast
12-02-2002, 02:53 PM
I have white 18 inch konig virdicts on my white ep. The color is off a little but you can't really tell. They aren't that hard to keep clean and I bought them shipped for $1399 at Speedandstyle.com

ballsdeep
12-02-2002, 04:06 PM
5Zigen Fireball is a white 6 spoke rim. wheelmax.com has them for $1050 with tires. I'm sure there are some other white rims on there site as well. I dont know how white wheels on a silver car are going to look. I thin kthey may look better if they have a silver lip.

pocketrocket
12-02-2002, 04:55 PM
Kosei K-1's or Buddy Club P-1's.... Great wheels, I had them on my 240sx.. the 15's weigh 12.7 lbs a pop. Not bad, plus they can be had at a reasonable price too.

-PR

Nosjunke
12-02-2002, 07:27 PM
You have 18" rims on your EP? I'd like to see a picture if you have one. Is your ride height stock or lowered? Did that price come with tires? What kind and size? Can you remember all this?

Thanks

Matt

Here is a picture of one of 12 MR2's I've owned. It's white that's why I posted it. The picture was taken in California in 1995 right as that import craze took off.

CleanBlackSi02
12-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Personally, I only like white rims on white cars...and maybe lighter pewter colors...

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-02-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
Personally, I only like white rims on white cars...and maybe lighter pewter colors...

What about on a Milano Red EP?

I'm thinking about 17" Koing Rated R's or 17" Motegi MR7's in white.
(Sorry DTH! I'm not trying to bite your style but after seeing them on yours EP I think they'd look sick on my EP.)

CleanBlackSi02
12-02-2002, 09:04 PM
On milano red...I dunnoooOOooo about that. Gunmetal on red... :thumbs up:

IceD out N CALI
12-02-2002, 09:04 PM
if you're not absolutely dead set on white i'd also suggest checking out gunmetal wheels-those look good with the satin silver metallic color u have

Chrisbgft
12-02-2002, 09:22 PM
hey, this is exactly what i want on my silver EP. Tenzo-r ZT-6 White with Red (http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/roadwheels/zt-6/index.html)

Will the 18" be a huge difference than the 17"? i am trying to decide what size. thanx