PDA

View Full Version : Problem install JRSC on K24A2

vbpracer
04-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Installed the jrsc on the tsx engine this weekend. Few issues off hand. I am not throwing any codes, however, the power to the brakes do not work 80% of the time. I had gotten a tune to start the car before I get tuned this wednesday from magnesium off of crsx. When uploaded the engine didn't idle, and I had no throttle control, couldn't rev, didn't throw a code. I checked all the hoses, the power brake hose etc. Still didn't run right. Then I uploaded a I/H/E tune gotten from magnesium as well, changed the injector size to 750, car runs decent, have control, idle is good, but maybe still a bit rough. Power to brakes still isn't working. Also tried the original basemap from kpro, also ran like crap.

My ideas

Issues with brakes have to do with the installation, although I do not know what it could be, thought it was the power brake hose. The problem with the rough idle and not running right has to do with tune.

Anyone have any ideas about any of the problems I have, again not throwing any codes.

My setup:

K24A2
JRSC 3.2" pulley
RC 750 injectors
Injen sri
BCRH
T1R midpipe
Hasport coolent port adapter

04EP3Hatch
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
is the brake master vacuum hose hooked to the correct spot? and im not 100% sure if ep3's have the little check valve in the line but if they do check that. Almost sounds like a bad master

vbpracer
04-04-2010, 09:55 PM
The hose is definately in the right location, I am thinking that it is possible that I used the hose for a different purpose, or maybe not facing in the right direction.

On a side note, the inconsistant idleling I believe is due to a vacuum leak, but why the difference when using different maps, anyone have any thoughts on this?

04EP3Hatch
04-05-2010, 03:55 AM
i think if there was an idle leak it would be present no matter what. re-torque your intake manifold bolts, inlet casting, and the blower bolts just as a precaution. If all else fails, smoke test it! BlownSi05 told me about his injector o ring leaking vacuum/boost where the injector slide's in. And what kind of hose did you use for your brakes? could have a broken thread inside causing it to collapse?

vbpracer
04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Issues were tune related, its finally running good. There are no vacuum leaks, and the 'rough' idle is due to the rc 750's, creating a backfire noise from the exhaust when iddleling. Car pulls strong.

04EP3Hatch
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
thats good then! i expect speedo and flyby vids by tomorrow morning... or :hand: haha just kiddin :mcool:

Andrew
04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
ohhh man lol i cant wait for this. i followed your k24 swap thread which was like super god filled with information to me until well the "crash of '10" came around. good work and keep that shizz up

vbpracer
04-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes unfortunately the thread is gone, I thought I had saved the info on the swap on my laptop but cannot seem to find it anywhere. I may just do another writeup for it since so many members ask questions.

I met up with Erik Loza this morning and he told me that it would be beneficial for me to swap out my cams to the k20z1 with cam gear, rather than motifying a tsx one to 45 degree. I am not sure if that is going to be my next step. I think I'd rather go with a 3" pulley, and install a water/meth kit. I thought this setup now would satisfy my needs, but I need more.

K20A EP3
04-09-2010, 03:46 PM
hell yeah man sick build, Which crankpulley are you using, and whats ur boost at with the 3.2? im using a k24 cp and 3.8 scp and am around 8.5psi @ 8500 was thinking of maybe upping it a lil too.

vbpracer
04-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Using the stock k24 cp, I am seeing around 7.5 psi in kpro with the 3.2. I would like to get to 9+ with the 3" and auto tensioner.

shortstop
05-15-2010, 07:42 PM
and the vids??

Slip_Angle
05-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Yes unfortunately the thread is gone, I thought I had saved the info on the swap on my laptop but cannot seem to find it anywhere. I may just do another writeup for it since so many members ask questions.

I met up with Erik Loza this morning and he told me that it would be beneficial for me to swap out my cams to the k20z1 with cam gear, rather than motifying a tsx one to 45 degree. I am not sure if that is going to be my next step. I think I'd rather go with a 3" pulley, and install a water/meth kit. I thought this setup now would satisfy my needs, but I need more.

A better option is to swap the intake cam for an 06 TSX cam. Leave the exhaust cam and drop in the 50* VTC. Assuming you have an 04/05 K24a2.

vbpracer
05-16-2010, 09:55 AM
and the vids??

No vids, I suppose I could make a vid indicating the pull.

A better option is to swap the intake cam for an 06 TSX cam. Leave the exhaust cam and drop in the 50* VTC. Assuming you have an 04/05 K24a2.

I have read that also,

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=664960&highlight=06+tsx+intake+cam

Do the 06+ k24a2's come with the 25* VTC also? Is there any difference in the exhaust cam between the two?

Slip_Angle
05-16-2010, 11:35 AM
No vids, I suppose I could make a vid indicating the pull.

I have read that also,

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=664960&highlight=06+tsx+intake+cam

Do the 06+ k24a2's come with the 25* VTC also? Is there any difference in the exhaust cam between the two?

All K24a2's come with the 25* VTC. I took my 50* from my k20a3 and installed it. The exhaust cam is the same and doesn't need changing.

vbpracer
05-16-2010, 11:44 AM
And it is safe to run a 50 degree vtc?

PAPITUYO326
05-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Safe as the tune. You shouldn't be running near 50 degrees on your tune anyway, so yes, it is safe. I've done it for 5+ years.

Slip_Angle
05-16-2010, 02:58 PM
And it is safe to run a 50 degree vtc?

Yes, I have it from 2 very good sources that even at 50* you won't have V2P contact.