PDA

View Full Version : 04 K20A2 + ? + stock 03 EP3 exhaust ... please help me

jshin03
04-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Hello All

I tried using the search function but couldn't find anything that helps me with my problem. Maybe not using the right combo of words? I was hoping someone here would be able to help me with some information.

I have a k20A2 with a Megan testpipe and the stock EP3 exhaust. My Megan pipe developed a crack, which then recently expanded to a hole. The sensor fell out and is basically hanging. The car sounds ridiculously loud and would give me a migrain or an instant ticket if driven for over 10 minutes.

I've been told that 05 Type S header/mid/exhaust will work but I don't want to buy parts when I already have parts i could potentially still use. I assume I would be able to use get a high flow cat/stock 04 type s cat and that should solve my problem? Has anyone done this? Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

chiwhitesi
04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
i dont think that type s exhausts are compatible with the ep

just buy another test pipe or stock down pipe or a EP specific RH

heyvortek
04-06-2010, 01:59 PM
i believe anything but a rsx spec rh will work. the midpipe for an rsx type s will be jus short which will cause ur exhaust to be short. u would have to take it to muffler shop and let them extend it for u. i would just get a ep specific race header.

Deadphishy
04-06-2010, 02:00 PM
i dont think that type s exhausts are compatible with the ep

just buy another test pipe or stock down pipe or a EP specific RH :shakehead:

You have to use an EP3 Axle-back (AKA: Muffler), A type S won't fit it is to long.

You can use in an EP with a k20a2

EP3 header + EP3 Cat + EP3 Mid-pipe + EP3 Axle-back

Type S header + Type S Cat + Type S Mid-pipe + EP3 Axle-back

Those Two will bolt right up.

Basicly the Type S header and Cat are longer and require a shorter Mid-pipe.

jshin03
04-06-2010, 02:37 PM
getting a race header is probably going to be easier than getting a cat and mid from a type s ... the cat and mid from a 05 Type S should bolt no problem to a 04 Type S header though right?

Thanks again for all the input guys. really appreciate it!

chiwhitesi
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
:shakehead:

You have to use an EP3 Axle-back (AKA: Muffler), A type S won't fit it is to long.

You can use in an EP with a k20a2

EP3 header + EP3 Cat + EP3 Mid-pipe + EP3 Axle-back

Type S header + Type S Cat + Type S Mid-pipe + EP3 Axle-back

Those Two will bolt right up.

Basicly the Type S header and Cat are longer and require a shorter Mid-pipe.

thanks for clearing that up for me to be honest i was just a little confused

Deadphishy
04-06-2010, 04:37 PM
thanks for clearing that up for me to be honest i was just a little confused

Not a problem.

If the TS is looking for Gains then Yes get a race header. Most of the Good Race headers will Be RSX spec. So you will either have to have your EP mid-pipe cut, or you will have to get a RSX mid-pipe.

The Stock Ep3 exhaust will take a lot of HP out of that motor. the mid-pipe is way to small. The muffler is fine, and the header/cat is ok. But ditch that EP3 mid-pipe if you can.

The 02-04, 05-06 DC5 and k20a2/k20z1 are pretty much identical to each other. as far as bolt ons go. so don't worry about that.