PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Charger and aftercooler

Canuck Civic
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Would we be able to fit the aftercooler setup the rsx guys are running if we use a dc5 manifold?

I never really looked myself and can't think of anything else that would be in the way in the front, how close is the starter to the intake manifold?

PAPITUYO326
04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't forsee the starter being in the way. Their starter is the same location, if it was an issue, the aftercooler would hit the k20a2 unit as well. The main difference between the two units is charger orientation.

I am actually the process of acquiring both a DC5 JRSC and Aftercooler. Ill keep you guys posted regarding fitment issues (hopefully lack thereof).

beechstreet
04-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I am actually the process of acquiring both a DC5 JRSC and Aftercooler. Ill keep you guys posted regarding fitment issues (hopefully lack thereof).
Awesome. Looking forward to some info on this.

Canuck Civic
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't forsee the starter being in the way. Their starter is the same location, if it was an issue, the aftercooler would hit the k20a2 unit as well. The main difference between the two units is charger orientation.

Nice this confirms my decision to pick one up now. I figured there shouldn't be any problems but I was just checking to make sure I didn't overlook something.