PDA

View Full Version : ALPINE navigation??

jdmechelon
04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
so i think im finally getting away from MS a little... I plan on moving to memphis,TN around the summer...IS the Alpine iVA -W203 with the navi. a good purchase... Just never lived in a city and need good GPS.. any comments or help would be awesome:mcool:

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
04-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Best GPS i would have to say is Kenwood because it is done by Garmin

jdmechelon
04-12-2010, 06:19 PM
bump for question

Kerby
04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Best GPS i would have to say is Kenwood because it is done by Garmin

O RLY?! I never knew that. Where did you find this information.
I was going to buy a Pioneer unit... I'm going to get a Alpine now.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
04-13-2010, 12:12 AM
O RLY?! I never knew that. Where did you find this information.
I was going to buy a Pioneer unit... I'm going to get a Alpine now.

I use to sell gps systems and the menu on the kenwood are identical to garmin

shanewdude
04-13-2010, 03:16 AM
I'm not familiar with Alpine, but I love my Pioneer Avic (once updated and the bugs were worked out!).

WigginsSiR
04-13-2010, 04:28 AM
alpine is very sophisticated..... if you know what your doing its prib the best... not as easy to use though

Kerby
04-13-2010, 04:33 PM
alpine is very sophisticated..... if you know what your doing its prib the best... not as easy to use though

can you explain and go more into detail with this?

jdmechelon
04-17-2010, 09:30 PM
ive got it installed... so is it worth the $300 price tag and convenience of being in my cd player?? or just buy a sticky windshield one.... that i hate

Johnny
04-22-2010, 12:32 AM
I have the Kenwood DNX6140 with Garmin and, well, I love it. It'll be a year since I've had it and it works great. The great thing I love about it, It notifies me when ever their's a red light camera around before I cross the intersection. Not that I take red lights. It's just nice to know where their located. :)

Edit: One of the reasons why I went with the DNX6140 was because I wanted a nob volume and the next level up doesn't have this, only a push button volume.

I've never installed a stereo or navigation for that matter but decided to do it myself. Very easy and fun to install.

I was looking into Alpine but decided to get a Kenwood. Still like the Alpines though. I've heard a few complaints over the net about Pioneer and their Navigation. Not that Pioneer is bad, Its that I just read a few places with some unhappy customers.

I've also have 2010 maps of Canada, US and Mexico installed on my deck but chances are I might never drive to those countries. Still nice to have.

Hope this helps some of you guys and to the OP.