PDA

View Full Version : Belt alignement issue - anyone has input?

Rayme
04-07-2010, 05:15 AM
We installed the JRSC street kit on my 02 civic and once all was done, upon starting the engine the belt immediately skipped a rib and settles one rib too far on the side of the pulley. *See pics.

Anyone has any idea of what might be going on here? Me and my friend looked at the setup once it was over and we could see the alternator pulley didn't seem to be parallel to the SC pulley. Can the alternator be adjusted from side to side? We contacted Moss Motors and waiting on their reply right now. By the way, I'm driving like that right now, no other issue, but I wonder why it's off by one rib! ? Thanks for the input.. :)

4angrybadgers
04-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Did you tighten down the tensioner enough? The belt shouldn't be able to skip a rib if it's properly tensioned.

slate13530
04-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Exactly what ^^he said.

Go back and check the tension of the belt. Must've been loose and that's why it skipped.

Do not attempt to run your car with that belt like that.

Rayme
04-07-2010, 08:31 AM
We tried tightening the belt pretty damn tight. As soon as we hit the starter it skips the ribs back to the misaligned position!

vbpracer
04-07-2010, 10:28 AM
How does the belt sit on the other pulleys, crank ac waterpump? Is the pulley all the way back on the sc snout?

K20A EP3
04-07-2010, 02:58 PM
it has 2 be something with the sc pulley or tensionor then, take the belt off and see if all of your pulleys are parallel with each other. looks like the sc pulley may not be on far enough. def wouldnt drive it like that