PDA

View Full Version : Unique tune

Almost Fast
04-07-2010, 06:16 PM
So I got tuned tonight but I am not completely satisfied.

Things I did in hoopes of big #'s

Larger (750cc now) injectors = Check

Larger Fuel Pump (warlbro 255) = Check

Boost controler = Check

Making 10 less hp than before = ummmm Check

Things that just dont make sense to me right now. I plan on downloading the cal to my labtop and will post it up tomorrow.

A few things that get me.

Before one prev tune by diff person. I was idling at about 10 on the vacuum side. now with no change technically to intake side where boost controller runs I now show 20 on the vacuum side at idle.

secondly, the tuner stated the car would not take much more timing, "that it just wouldn't"

So here I am hoping for big numbers after some upgrades and left now scratching my head and saying "huh?!?!"

So what do you guys think?

Guardian
04-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Need more info, what's the power mods and fuel.
Just cause you have a better fuel set up doesn't mean you will make more power, u can just support more.
What was your duty cycle the last tune and this one? How much boost each time?

Vac should be around 20 at idle

Almost Fast
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Running a Cybernation kit.
.60 trim turbo
550cc -> 750cc injectors
stock fuel pump -> warlbro 255 fuel pump intank
Modified wastegate to have a MBC (by dobbs)
Tanabe racing medallion exhaust.

Last duty cycle on prev injectors was around 85%, now I dunno% didnt get a chance to see. I now understand about the vacuum being at 20 but not sure why it went from 10 -> 20 now.

Was running 10 lbs of boost last time, now ran at 15-16 lbs.

Will get a datalog and kal posted tomorrow. Hope this info helps.

Guardian
04-07-2010, 07:01 PM
What is the power at and fuel

Almost Fast
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
300 hp /269 tq prev

290 hp and dunno tq do losing tach signal on the last run. somewhere around 253 ish

dobbs02si
04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
From What you told me on the phone it sounds like a combo of timing and cam phasing. Even with stock cam phasing and conservative timing with the gaurdian red box people make higher numbers. Without the DL's I have no way of saying for sure though.