PDA

View Full Version : replacing pulleys?

C4pT X
04-09-2010, 01:15 AM
how difficult is it? as far as getting the tension right? i hear a rubbing noise when my car idles and it is driving me crazy. 2 different shops suggested it was a pulley so i will probably end up replacing all of them. any diy would help or if anyone has any advice

03silverEP
04-09-2010, 01:45 AM
The tensioner is automatic. Look into the bay along the serp. belt for side-to- side motion in any of the pulleys with the engine on. The belt slips off the tensioner when it is moved w/a 14mm wrench and a big giant wrench locked into it or a breaker bar. Once the belt is off. All the pulleys can be checked for 'looseness'. Mine needed a water pump.

C4pT X
04-10-2010, 04:22 PM
thank you man

SkareKrow
04-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Anyone know what I would need to do this as well? Because I just got my valves adjusted last night & this morning I turn my engine on and i got a kitty screeching outta my engine, Popped the hood and it's coming from the pulleys. What else would I need to know?

RHCP0801
04-30-2010, 02:27 PM
time to replace the serp belt, when you adjust valves you dont touch anything with the belt or belt adjustment

SkareKrow
04-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Just wondering, Is there a DIY on Serpentine Belt Change?

SkareKrow
05-02-2010, 12:45 PM
so i replaced the serpentine belt but a noise is still there. im driving around yesterday on my 23rd bday. next thing i know im coming back from 91 artesia and im about 1 mile away from the 710 fwy and i hear my car crackling like a machine gun i was like aww crap the belt slipped off and my engines going to blow. so i turn hazards on and exit on the first exit i saw which was long beach blvd and i turned my engine off. i find out its my tensioner and the tensioner bounces back and forth. what do you guys think it is. i have to fix it all i can think of is that i maybe loosened the tensioner and the worst part was bring the car home at like 1am dad and uncle helped me get the car out there. a chain to one of my tow hoooks and drove it all the way back to riverside which was about 50 miles and i dont know how i made it home. now i must fix it help please anyone. thanks:bump2: