PDA

View Full Version : HELP THIS WEEKEND trans took a s%$T found RSX-base to swap in, WILL IT WORK?

tindrumstoo
04-11-2010, 09:40 PM
yeah basically what the title says, my stock trans(2003) is falling apart on me, 2nd gear making horrible noises. found a "deal" on the all mighty craigslist for 2002 RSX-base 5 speed for 250 bucks!!!!!!!!! i'm attempting to get some help and put this thing in this weekend 4/16-4/17 i need to know if anyone has info about this swap and what i should expect with the install of this specific trans that will be any different from a regular trans replacement AND performance gains or losses. im scared! my poor car needs help from you all!!!!!!

i know that first and second gear ratios are different as well as the final drive, i dont know what exactly the numbers mean so im just curious of what i gain or lose with those different ratios! (given that the swap is even possible)

goldEp
04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
if im not mistaking there is not much or no differance at all.. your 5 speed is the same as the rsx base... now if you were puting in the 6speen then you would experiance shorter gear ratio.. i would help if you were near by..but im not..lol
if you do do it and you would like some better reaction install the light weight flywheel and maybe upgrade to a little more agressive clutch.

Guardian
04-11-2010, 09:59 PM
it is a direct swap, the fd is longer 1st and 2nd are shorter gears. 1st and 2nd will probably feel about the same as the ep trans cause the fd and 3-5 will be a little slower. highway driving will be better.

ill buy the blown tranny off you

tindrumstoo
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
its not completely blown yet.. (omg! wowza! guardian replied to my thread!!) i may keep it and rebuild it with a 6th gear and put it back in later down the road, if not i will get at you and we can work up a deal.

tindrumstoo
04-18-2010, 09:47 AM
as if anyone cares, i got it in and it works great. got lucky and found a good deal and the trans works like a dream. 250$ and alot of hard work well worth it. this thread can now r.i.p.