PDA

View Full Version : Stains

Reaper27
04-12-2010, 06:20 AM
I'm starting to get these weird stains on my driver side floor mat. They're probably from my shoes especially from work since I work in a restaraunt but I was womdeong what would be the bestthings to get these out and make the floor mats look better for the entire car? Idk if there was a specific produce that worked best or not.

RHDmeatwagon
04-12-2010, 06:27 AM
I have always used blue magic carpet cleaner and just agitate it with a interior brush. As long as you are using it on the carpet you can use the tougher brush. then vacuum it up. or you can steam clean them

Squidward
04-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Have you tried anything yet?

My floor mats looked horrible after only a few months of winter driving. They were matted and covered in brown and white stains (sand and salt?). I took them out and hit them with my pressure washer (water only, no detergent), let them hang for a couple of days to dry, and they look like new. If this doesn't work I'd try adding liquid dishwashing detergent to the pressure washer or using a self serve car wash bay. The ones around here even have clips on the walls for holding your floor mats.

Once you get them clean use a fabric protector on them. This will keep any new stains from setting in.