PDA

View Full Version : JDM wing fitment

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-02-2002, 02:01 PM
Forgive my ignorance.

Does the OEM Type-R wing fit on our cars with or without modification?
If so what is required to mount them?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

pocketrocket
12-02-2002, 02:33 PM
No it does not fit, and requires modification. Search for this topic. There is plenty of information including detailed instructions on what needs to be modded.

-PR

civic hatch boi
12-02-2002, 02:33 PM
minor modifications are needed.. couple of our members have done this already... typex, downthehatch, etc... i think they just sanded down a couple of the mounts.. nothing major :)

2fastcivic
12-02-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
minor modifications are needed.. couple of our members have done this already... typex, downthehatch, etc... i think they just sanded down a couple of the mounts.. nothing major :)

those guys didnt have the oem type r wing. they got the procarparts type r style wing.

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-02-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
No it does not fit, and requires modification. Search for this topic. There is plenty of information including detailed instructions on what needs to be modded.

-PR

I always search before I post new threads. All I could find where threads about "replica type-r wings" not oem wings. Exactly like 2fastcivic said.

pocketrocket
12-03-2002, 01:09 AM
The parts made to fit the JDM car have the same fitment as the OEM parts made to fit the JDM car. On top of that you better hold on to your ankles and take it like a man when it comes to how much it would cost to buy a true OEM JDM Honda Wing, then have it shipped from Japan.

Best off to go with the Carbon Fibre wing that someone is offering on here.

-PR

Silvershadow
12-04-2002, 01:28 AM
Enter "spoiler" into the search engine.Read "Those with the replica CTR wing:Please read!"

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-30-2002, 04:37 PM
Okay I got a new question for you guys. Why does the OEM Type-R wing need to be modified when it

HK_EP3
12-30-2002, 05:31 PM
its not the exact same car, we have almost totally different body, just similiar looks

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Si_Dra6NStyL
its not the exact same car, we have almost totally different body, just similiar looks

Are you sure?

fyzm7357
12-30-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by CivicSiR4U2NV

Are you sure?

Yeah, how can it be so completely different, besides the bumpers?

BarracksSi
12-31-2002, 01:00 AM
I've been told that one main difference is that the JDM spoiler (that ain't no wing) actually has additional segments at each end that go THROUGH the glass, connecting to anchors on the inside.

The way I see it, anything can be modified to fit. My only concern would be whether I could continue to use my bike carrier if I added a CTR-style spoiler.

CivicSiR4U2NV
01-01-2003, 08:32 AM
Okay BarracksSi I think your right. I just bought a type r replica wing and it has to be modified. :'( Noo more money to spend on this damn wing.

Next question: The wing I bought has a clear light housing. eeewwwww. I want to get a replacement housing that is red. anyone no where I could get one? Maybe from that guy off ebay? Or anyone else? Plz I need help

02SilverSiHB
01-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Okay BarracksSi I think your right. I just bought a type r replica wing and it has to be modified. :'( Noo more money to spend on this damn wing.

Next question: The wing I bought has a clear light housing. eeewwwww. I want to get a replacement housing that is red. anyone no where I could get one? Maybe from that guy off ebay? Or anyone else? Plz I need help
Yeah, you gotta modify it. I got my wing off ebay from makato motorsports. The reason it doesn't fit our cars is because the jdm type r one has holes in the glass of the hatch...so I've been told...so then the type r wing fits right in. But of course our window isn't like that.

As for a red housing...sorry, don't know who to tell you for that.
Good luck

CivicSiR4U2NV
01-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I got my wing off ebay from makato motorsports.
As for a red housing...sorry, don't know who to tell you for that.
Good luck

Could you give me the email address for makato motorsports? I want to see if they could get me the part. Considering its the same wing you and everybody else got.

02SilverSiHB
01-01-2003, 06:15 PM

Could you give me the email address for makato motorsports? I want to see if they could get me the part. Considering its the same wing you and everybody else got.
I don't have an email, but here's the auction I won: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6766&item=1867487273

And here's the web site: http://www.makotoautotrends.com/

whoops, nevermind, here's their email off the website: inquiries@makotoautotrends.com

SeatownEP02
01-02-2003, 02:27 AM
i know this doesnt have anything to do with this thread but who is that girl in the picture CivicSiR4U2NV?.. she FINE

CivicSiR4U2NV
01-02-2003, 05:30 AM
Tera Patrick...Nuff Said

Silvershadow
01-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Tera Patricks photographs very well & a HOTTIE body!! IMO not so hot in the videos(she has allota fans).Check out "Relic Hunter"(NUDE in this months Playboy(I think).
The spoiler from Procarparts has a red lite.Maybe Makato sent you d wrong one.You could spray it w/a lite coat of candy apple red.Check VHS 's site ,they have a whole line of spray paints for purposes like this.
My quess about d spoiler is in d other countries is d rear window
angle must b steeper than ours & also d added holes.Why Honda did this ?U got me.