PDA

View Full Version : Car accident, need HFP suspension or something equivalent

DCCivic05
04-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I have a 2005 NHB si. About 4 years ago I installed the HFP suspension. Now the front drivers side strut is ruined, and I can't get a replacement. My options are to go back stock (I have the stock) or have them install something. It sounds like I have a $800.00 window to play with, any recommendations?

-I love the HFP, mostly for it's modest drop in height, and it's control. I found the stock to have too much body roll.

-I only have to replace the front left side. But if I get a new set would (should) I have the whole set (all four corners done) or can I get by with just the front? (I don't have any money to pay out of pocket, so it has to be $800.00)

BeaterEP
04-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I'd keep an eye on the Classifieds. I know there was at least one new HFP kit up for sale recently.
Other than a good deal there, I'm not sure you can get something comparable for that money. Mugen SS is supposed to be about the closest thing to the HFP, but it's at least $1k, I think more.
Maybe look in to the A-Spec kit for the RSX, I think they might be similar, and it's possible you could find a set for a reasonable price. Dunno though, wish I could be of more help man! :shrug:

Twisted-X
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I thought the struts were the same as the non HFP suspension? I thought I read somewhere that only the springs were different...

hotwired_78
04-12-2010, 08:15 PM
first off. im reluctant to give advice because i've never had a "$800 window" to play with. but then again im just hatin lol. theres a new hfp kit in the classifieds for 800. you can get a progress suspension for 800. I'd get a strut and spring combo, or just new really nice struts and run your hfp springs on them.

DCCivic05
04-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the feed back. My $800.00 is for the suspension and the install. Or it's $800 for the parts and then I pay for the install. Basically I'm getting F-ed here, especially if I decide to get a whole new set.

PartyPooper
04-12-2010, 10:35 PM
not to compare HFP with RACELAND... but have you looked at raceland??? only $240 brand new... HFP is amazing(under statement), but i have heard raceland well over exceeds it's expectaions, and some say they feel lite tein ss... doubt it but $$$$240... woo... just throwing it out there...

DCCivic05
04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
One thing I'm thinking is putting Mugen ss up front and keeping the HPF in the back? Any thoughts?

I haven't even had a chance to look for the suspension let alone know if I can just get the front.

juan martinez
04-15-2010, 02:24 AM
I would get the RSX A spec suspension to replace the HFP ones. They are about a 1 inch drop compared to the 3/4 inch drop on the HFP ones. You'll need rsx tie rod ends though.

usedep3
04-15-2010, 04:51 AM
I would get the RSX A spec suspension to replace the HFP ones. They are about a 1 inch drop compared to the 3/4 inch drop on the HFP ones. You'll need rsx tie rod ends though.

this. you can get a rsx a spec suspension from curry acura in NY for $650 shipped. this is probably, your best bet.

2k3hatchie
04-15-2010, 05:49 AM

Is that really all you need to use the A spec suspension on our cars? The DC5 tie rods thread right onto our rack?

DCCivic05
04-15-2010, 08:27 AM
That's good to know. I'll look into the A-spec.

qnzjay69
04-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Is that really all you need to use the A spec suspension on our cars? The DC5 tie rods thread right onto our rack?

correct u will need rsx tie rod ends but thats not the only thing ull need from an rsx, ull also need the rsx rear lower control arms, due to the fact that the bottom of the rear shocks are wider/thicker then the opening on our stock lower control arms, unless u plan on grinding down ur rear lca thats up to you

2k3hatchie
04-16-2010, 06:03 AM
correct u will need rsx tie rod ends but thats not the only thing ull need from an rsx, ull also need the rsx rear lower control arms, due to the fact that the bottom of the rear shocks are wider/thicker then the opening on our stock lower control arms, unless u plan on grinding down ur rear lca thats up to you

probably just going to grind them down a bit. I pulled the trigger on the A Spec kit, should be here next week:mbiggrin: Just need to order the tire rods and hardware to go with em.

SiRCivic03
04-16-2010, 01:53 PM
you will have a $900 window to play with if you sell me your stock 05 shocks so I can put my koni shocks on my car. Let me know :thumbu:

2k3hatchie
04-16-2010, 08:00 PM
you will have a $900 window to play with if you sell me your stock 05 shocks so I can put my koni shocks on my car. Let me know :thumbu:

If you want mine let me know. Granted my car is an 03 though i thought all of our struts were the same.