PDA

View Full Version : 5-lug rear swap problem. eBrake light coming on while driving!

Paulieep3
04-13-2010, 12:18 PM
So i installed my rear 5-lug swap a few days ago, could only do the rear because i do not have the axles for the front right now. I switched out the control arms, the hub, rotor and caliper. Now when i drive and the car has load to the back and more towards the right side, the eBrake light comes on, and will turn off then the vehicles levels out again.
My first approach to fix the problem was to check all the brake lines leading to the rear brakes. i made sure there were no leaks or snags, and i made sure that the eBrake cable itself was installed properly. Everything looked ok.
Next thing i checked wuz my fluid level. it was a lil low from when i bled out the new brakes, so i filled it up and took it for a spin. The problem was not fixxed.
Soooo.... i think it could be unequal pressure in my master cylinder pistons. So tomorrow im going to rebleed the entire system and see if maybe this will fix the problem.

If anyone has had this problem before and knows the solution please let me know. will be helpful

talonXracer
04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
The Ebrake light is operated by a switch on the Ebrake handle, not by any other component in the system. It probably just needs to be tweaked a little. Take her for a ride and duplicate the circumstances of the light coming on and see if pushing down on the Ebrake handle turns the light off.

Paulieep3
04-15-2010, 08:09 AM
well i fixxed the problem, that brake light isnt only hooked to the handle, it is also the brake warning light switch for the braking system, What is was detecting was unequal pressure, i rebled the system yesterday and now it works perfectly. THe problem was, i only bled the rear brakes when i did the swap, i just figured i didnt have to bleed the front since i didnt touch them, but because we start from the front and bleed back i made the unequal pressure.