PDA

View Full Version : Progress C1 coilovers?

_shift
04-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Is anyone, or does anybody know more about these coilovers? Quality, ride, etc? For the price ($1,100) and the fairly decent spring rates (350 front/650 rear), I'm considering picking these up. I would love to buy the KW V2's, but I can't spend that kinda cash sadly. But I am just curious to know if anyone has personal experiance with these, or if they are a good product/buy? Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to the website:
http://www.progressauto.com/products/sfID1/133/sfID2/34/sfID3/36/productID/493

jofus228
04-14-2010, 02:18 AM
These are a great choice in coilovers. There are plenty of people here that have a set and everyone seems to be happy with the product, especially for the price. Also, check the vendors here some may have some in stock so you wouldn't have to wait for them to be built.

MadLorEP3
04-14-2010, 04:17 AM
one of the best out of the box suspension upgrades for the ep3
it can go really low as well

other choices are buddy club rsd's but a bit more epensive and wont go as low
if you got the funds I would go with rsd's

if your budget is about $1000 I would go with progress and nothing else
I have progress and I love them
there are places that sells them for less than $1100 like clubrsx.com, showstoppersusa, thmotorsports, and alot more
only thing is that you gotta wait till their in stock because they are currently on back order

_shift
04-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Well I am looking more for performance then just slamming it. It's my DD, but I also want to enjoy the backroads/auto-x with a decent set up. I do wanna keep the budget around the $1000 mark simply so I can add a few complimenting parts with the coilovers. But I was thinking that with those spring rates and a proper drop that make the car still functional, an alignment, some extra tuning with a few other odds and ends for the suspension, should make the car handle quite well in the turns. I just hadn't really heard of them for the coilovers and wanted to make sure they actually hold up in real world driving. So thanks for the info so far.

slate13530
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM
You can't go wrong with the Progress Coilover's.

Moderator SinisterCivicSi has a set on her car and she's had them since they were released and she loves them and I don't recall her having any issues with them.

_shift
04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
So which would y'all go with between the two; Progress, or a custom Koni/GC set up? These seem to be the top two in my budget.

Si Death
04-15-2010, 11:42 AM
i went with progress, currently on the waitinglist :D

MadLorEP3
04-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Well I am looking more for performance then just slamming it. It's my DD, but I also want to enjoy the backroads/auto-x with a decent set up. I do wanna keep the budget around the $1000 mark simply so I can add a few complimenting parts with the coilovers. But I was thinking that with those spring rates and a proper drop that make the car still functional, an alignment, some extra tuning with a few other odds and ends for the suspension, should make the car handle quite well in the turns. I just hadn't really heard of them for the coilovers and wanted to make sure they actually hold up in real world driving. So thanks for the info so far.

yeah they're greeeaaattt
Mustclime on cep3 said that progress isactually one of the companies that actually did their homework when it came to the ep3 because of the highere spring rate in the rear compared to the front which is exactly what we need for the ep.
these will be perfect for daily driving
the option to go as low as you want is there but if you dont like it you can go as high as you as well
for your budget, these will beperfect for you, performance and for DD
its that simple progress is the way to go

I should get paid by the company for vouching for them so much
Im gonna contact them

MadLorEP3
04-17-2010, 12:46 AM
So which would y'all go with between the two; Progress, or a custom Koni/GC set up? These seem to be the top two in my budget.

I was in the same boat
I actually had a thread about it but was lost due to the crash
both would be good choices
I forgot why exactly I went with progress but I have no regrets
If I remember I will let you know
good luck