View Full Version : just spent 50 bucks on car washing supplies

mrfixit687
12-02-2002, 04:16 PM
Meguiars Detailer Wash 'n Wax
Meguiar's Detailer Final Detail
and 3 Meguiars microfiber towels :angel:

IceD out N CALI
12-02-2002, 04:40 PM
thats $50 well spent (if u use them regularly)

mrfixit687
12-02-2002, 05:19 PM
haha yea, i wash my car every sunday, i think im gonna wax it on upcoming sunday too :D

golferjn
12-02-2002, 05:45 PM
sounds good man. keep it shiny clean.

its raining
12-02-2002, 05:48 PM
i use only meguiars as well. good stuff

2k2_nbp_egg
12-02-2002, 06:40 PM
Mmm meguiars....I get my black all sexy lookin' w/ the quik wax once a month and the quik detailer every time after washes in between waxes. Mmmm absorber...how well do the microfiber towels work? Absorbers tite and all, but i need some towels to get excess dirt off. Do they work well and not leave lint? thx

mrfixit687
12-02-2002, 08:00 PM
yea microfiber is really good, here is what it says on the back of the package

"The key to the incredible performance of the Mirror Glaze Ultimate Wipe is its unique Tri-Core ultra-fine fibers which are 1/100 the diameter of a human hair... and 300 times smaller than conventional terry cloth fibers. This completely eliminates cloth-inflicted swirl marks. The unique, triangular shaped microscopic fibers will amaze you with how much faster they wipe off product and contaminants and how much clearer they leave the finish. The difference is so dramatic that we are ending our 60-year-old insistence on only using 100% cotton terry cloth toweling for wiping off polishes and waxes. This is revolutionary technology that you will not believe until you use it your self. The Ultimate Wipe is clearly the ultimate wipe-off cloth for those who want a perfect finish, and it saves time and effort. Once you use this product, you will never again use any other type of wipe-off cloth."

ssvr6
12-02-2002, 08:22 PM
How much were the towels each (pkg)?

Thanks,

Steve

mrfixit687
12-02-2002, 08:39 PM
i got each for 6 dollars

Chrisbgft
12-02-2002, 08:43 PM
hey, i do this for a living. I work at a detail shop and i know basically anything u need to know. I know that meguires has the best wax. We use that on all our cars. We use crystal image for everything else. This stuff is the best. For buffing, the crystal takes away ALL scratches that u cant catch with your finger nail. Then the best of all "Awesome Myst" by Crystal Image. Its the equivalent to the spray on wax. This stuff is 10 times better. We call it "Ghetto Wax" at our shop...lol If u have a black car with some swirls after u get done buffing. Spray it on, rub in pretty good, then wipe it off. Awesome stuff. Anyone have anymore questions feel free to ask!!

chunky
12-02-2002, 08:44 PM
meguiar's is good stuff.

to really put the shine on my car i use the show car glaze, followed by a few coats of the hi-tech wax.

once a year i strip the waxes off and use the medallion paint cleaner.