PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered the raceland coilovers

2004ep3hatch
04-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I hope to god they work good LOL. I needed to change the suspension and where about all i could afford. The company was very professional. The teck guy seemed pretty honest when asking questions about them.

Anybody here have them? Ill be the Guenna pig LOL. My H&R's will be for sale then.

ShadowEP3
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?53668-Raceland-Coilover-Suspension

2004ep3hatch
04-14-2010, 03:22 PM
thanks for that, Im still getting used to this layout lol

hotwired_78
04-15-2010, 12:18 AM
mine are sitting on my couch. no booklet manual or anything. just straight suspension and a slip of paper guiding you to which spring perch should be used. but raceland customer service was awesome. As far as build quality, it doesn't look super, but comparing with pictures of other coilovers on the market, i'd say the "design" for manufacturing is similar to tanabe's. Although, internally may be a different story.

charles
04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
i have had them since last august and i am still happy with them. I daily with them with some occasional spirited driving and i couldnt ask for more with the price that they offer.

important note......... have an alignment shop ready for you once you install them because the toe angle will be horrible.

trippy
04-15-2010, 01:06 AM
i have had them since last august and i am still happy with them. I daily with them with some occasional spirited driving and i couldnt ask for more with the price that they offer.

important note......... have an alignment shop ready for you once you install them because the toe angle will be horrible.

damnnn u r soo true ! when i had my raceland installed toe up the ass ! lol damn funny shit

Yo_KyleEP3
04-15-2010, 08:04 PM
just orderd mine cant wait

2004ep3hatch
04-16-2010, 06:53 PM
thanks guys, I'm looking forward to a new suspension finally.

ZoomBoy
04-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Just threw mine on today. Haven't really gave them a proper run but they handled the horrible Ontario roads pretty well. I'd say coming from original stock suspension (2003) these are much sharper and comfortably stiff if that makes sense. You aren't rattling your brain out with these but they give a great amount of road feedback. I can tell you I had $1,000 coilovers on my old GTI VR6 and these are easily on par with them. Lets see how they hold up!

2004ep3hatch
04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Just threw mine on today. Haven't really gave them a proper run but they handled the horrible Ontario roads pretty well. I'd say coming from original stock suspension (2003) these are much sharper and comfortably stiff if that makes sense. You aren't rattling your brain out with these but they give a great amount of road feedback. I can tell you I had $1,000 coilovers on my old GTI VR6 and these are easily on par with them. Lets see how they hold up!

Well that's good to hear, We will see next weekend.

ep3jd
04-17-2010, 06:15 PM

seriously... haha it was bad. did anyone else's rear keep settling for like a week? while the front didnt drop a mm at all? i thought it was weird. i went from tucking 1/4 of tire to tucking wheel... haha