PDA

View Full Version : Trade stockies for rotas?

4lugSLUG
04-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Found a dude that wants to trade his 15" bronze rotas for my stock si rims. I'm tempted but can't pull the trigger. Looked at them and they're flawless. Also found a guy who has some retro OZ rally rims 5 spoke. He just wants something different and offered a straight up trade.

jedimario
04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Rotas are knockoffs. Do you want knockoffs? I'd like to see the OZs though.

civicSIracer
04-14-2010, 06:26 PM
i would rather have stockies then some small cheep knockoff rotas.. thats just me tho. save up and buy some real wheels or stay oem.

Passenger
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
real wheels aren't worth it to me on our cars. If you got it like that, thats cool but if you're just a regular joe with an ep.. theres no reason to dump off over $1500 in wheels and tires on a car that's only worth 3x that amount.

BeaterEP
04-14-2010, 08:14 PM
real wheels aren't worth it to me on our cars. If you got it like that, thats cool but if you're just a regular joe with an ep.. Theres no reason to dump off over $1500 in wheels and tires on a car that's only worth 3x that amount.

QFT

OP, if you feel like making the trade and rollin' on something different, go for it! Ignore them haters, do what you want with your ride. It ain't like they're gonna drop the $1200 on the wheels for you LOL!
Frankly, you'd find it hard to get enough cash out of your stockies to put any new set of rims on, so if you like what the guy's offering, it's probably the best deal you're gonna find.
If you like `em, do it! :thumbu:

KrypTOniTE
04-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Yup.. Rotas are knockoff's, who cares if they are.. because if you think about it .. why would anyone get the real thing thats triple and cost and looks just the same.. if their equal the weight and size.. I sometimes break my neck when i see rotas thinking that those look legit..

makavelibranded
04-14-2010, 08:36 PM
id do depending on what they look like, if i could do it again i would have gotten rotas and great tires, instead of enkeis and shitty tires lol

socmex7
04-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Yup.. Rotas are knockoff's, who cares if they are.. because if you think about it .. why would anyone get the real thing thats triple and cost and looks just the same.. if their equal the weight and size.. I sometimes break my neck when i see rotas thinking that those look legit..

the only real arguments that i have for real>knockoffs is that USUALLY knock offs don't come in the width that people want. it's hard as hell to find anything higher than 7.5inches in a knockoff.. that and they usually are lighter. 15 inch rotas aren't gonna weight less than 15 inch enkeis.. so i'll just say, knockoffs are cool to get from A to B, or just for the way they look. but if you want them to perform like putting a wide tire on it then "real" is prolly the only way you'll be able to achieve that..

starwars_ep3
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
how come people hate rotas so much? so what if they're knock-offs? the only read downside (to me) is that they're heavy as fuck.

WhiteComet
04-14-2010, 11:08 PM
16 rotas imo. Most of them are way lighter than the stock rims also.

socmex7
04-14-2010, 11:34 PM
how come people hate rotas so much? so what if they're knock-offs? the only read downside (to me) is that they're heavy as fuck.

and the width they are available in.. if anyone hase found a 17x8 or 17x9 rota, please post a link..

03silverEP
04-14-2010, 11:37 PM
I've had C-10 Rota's for 7 years and 90,xxx miles. Finish is good, no cracks, no dents.

$115 per. wheel in 2003

Today my EP is worth 6k, glad I didn't spend 3,000 on Civic wheels....WTF

***IF you have Porsche/Corvette $$$$$ please buy one, they're great.

johnnydanger
04-14-2010, 11:41 PM
i have rotas on my ride and even tho they aren't the "real deal", they look friggin great...

yeah i'd like to get sum "mad tyte jdm rims", but the ones that my "fake" rims look like are $2000 and mine were $600 shipped...

not all of us can afford baller status rims... ;)

ep_hatcher_510
04-15-2010, 12:09 AM
and the width they are available in.. if anyone hase found a 17x8 or 17x9 rota, please post a link..

rota has been making those sizes already, a lot in 17x8, and already a few in 17x9.

this is becoming one of those rota /knockoffs threads....lol

DRP967
04-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Rotas are knockoffs. Do you want knockoffs? I'd like to see the OZs though.

i would rather have stockies then some small cheep knockoff rotas.. thats just me tho. save up and buy some real wheels or stay oem.

real wheels aren't worth it to me on our cars. If you got it like that, thats cool but if you're just a regular joe with an ep.. theres no reason to dump off over $1500 in wheels and tires on a car that's only worth 3x that amount.

QFT

OP, if you feel like making the trade and rollin' on something different, go for it! Ignore them haters, do what you want with your ride. It ain't like they're gonna drop the $1200 on the wheels for you LOL!
Frankly, you'd find it hard to get enough cash out of your stockies to put any new set of rims on, so if you like what the guy's offering, it's probably the best deal you're gonna find.
If you like `em, do it! :thumbu:

1. In for pics of the OZ wheels.

2. I agree, just keep your oem wheels and save up for authentic wheels. OEM/authentic wheels are quality.

3. Whether you drive a Civic or a M3, you buy real wheels for the quality. Ive seen expensive wheels on cheap cars ie. Civics and cheap wheels on expensive cars ie. Rotas on Beamers...to each his own.

4. No hating here, just providing input for the original poster.

*I just dont want the op to regret his decision. OP, if your happy with replica wheels then rock em, all that matters is your happy. Were just here to provide our opinions and input.

*BTW ive had more than 5 sets of Rotas, quality seems fair enough for the price but then again i never tracked them. I honestly felt like i was faking the funk everytime i looked at em and wished i had the real deal versions. I sold my last set of Rotas a while back and now roll on Rsx wheels...if i ever got a new set of wheels it will be real ones this time...no more fakes.

DRP967
04-15-2010, 08:27 AM
i have rotas on my ride and even tho they aren't the "real deal", they look friggin great...

yeah i'd like to get sum "mad tyte jdm rims", but the ones that my "fake" rims look like are $2000 and mine were $600 shipped...

not all of us can afford baller status rims... ;)

Anyone can afford real wheels...it just takes disciplne and determination. Save, save, save!
If your a baller...you prolly wont be rolling around in a Civic anyways. :mbiggrin:

4lugSLUG
04-15-2010, 08:39 AM
myspace I dont claim or want to be a baller lol. I roll in the civic because it's paid off. Nor car payment FTMFW!! and to everyone else, I will do my best to find motivation to upload pics of the OZ wheels. They do look fresh and clean clean but then again they might also be replicas or low grade trash. I do like the oem rims and was even considering getting them powder coated a dark graphite color and having the lugs powder coated a reddish maroon but I also want so 16's. After a night of thinkin about it I think I'm gonna have to be responsible and keep the stock rims and either go powder coated route on them and save up for something i want new, not used. It helps that I also want some HID's (on order) red badges and weather tech guards so I think I'll go with them first and wait on the rims. My stock rims are working just fine.

johnnydanger
04-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Anyone can afford real wheels...it just takes disciplne and determination. Save, save, save!
If your a baller...you prolly wont be rolling around in a Civic anyways. :mbiggrin:

^^^^ true true... ;)

actually i want to get works, but finances are an issue at this time.

i recently invested a shit ton of money on a k24a2 swap and other goodies so money is not in abundance right now...

krftwrk
04-15-2010, 09:47 AM
i have 17 inch rota slips...and i love them...f*ck all the haters if you got the money and want to be "JDM yo" then go buy spoon and dump a couple grand on wheels and tires...not everyone is a baller tho...

BeaterEP
04-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Fair enough man, and like you said it's OP's ride/OP's decision. Just didn't want him to think that everyone was gonna talk trash if he didn't run super-baller rims. :mbiggrin:
Also like you said, I've never known anyone with Rotas that thought the quality was poor, as far as anything like fit/finish or performance. For those of us on a budget, brands like Rota are a happy alternative to either rollin on stockies forever, or spending about 1/3 of the car's value on wheels alone. :meek:

cronicEP
04-15-2010, 10:03 AM
i guess it depends on where you live too. i know in Cali and Jersey alot of people roll with authentic wheels because the scene is still big, but here in NC alot of people are still on Rota and Drag's balls. I don't mind rocking rotas, with my center caps off 3/4 of the people on this forum couldn't even tell the differnece let alone what wheel it is.

Benito Malito
04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I'd trade my stock 04s for some Rotas but my stockers are sitting in a storage unit. Rotas are knockoff and I've seen some serious quality issues but its not like they are unsafe for daily driving.

ts ep3
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
real or knock-offs at the end of the day if you like how the wheels look on your car then your set

T_Virus
04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Rota's 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or until I can afford baller rims...lol....

4angrybadgers
04-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Ignore the snobs and get what YOU want.

Personally, I don't see the point in spending triple the price for something that looks the exact same as the cheaper version and does the exact same damn thing. If the Wal-Mart "Great Value" can of beans for 97c is the same exact thing as the $1.97 can of Green Giant, then get the Great Value can and congratulate yourself on saving 51% over the OMG NAME BRAND item. The "name-brand trap" is part of why people spend way too much on stuff these days... but I digress. If YOU like the looks and the price of the Rotas, then get them.

4lugSLUG
04-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Alright well after all the hatin and stuff in here lol, i deided to not go with rotas. I thought about it and told myself it would be better to stick with me oem rims for now. Now here lies my next question. I'm leaning towards painting them white with red H's on the center caps. Would you guys recommend rattlecanning them with wheel paint or is powder coating them worth it? And does anyone have pics of white stock rims on a VBP. If theres a link, link me baby.

the JigGa mAn
04-16-2010, 07:57 AM
id do it, for the simple fact that you can flip the rotas for some $$ and use that $$ plus what youve got saved for buy whatever "real" rims you want

*im on rotas cause they were free, and i dont need some fancy ass baller rims..this is a hobby not my priority*

jeenyusss
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
What were the details on the trade? Location...tires....etc. If u don't mind setting me up with the guy I'd do it

4lugSLUG
04-16-2010, 11:44 AM
i talked to the dude with the rotas he changed his mind from trading to selling. new he wants 450 for the set. the guy with the oz rims still wants to trade but i think I'm not gonna do it. Knowing that my oem rims are in 99% shape as opposed to some guy who I don't know i think I'll just hold onto them. If you wannabuy them I can say something. Shoot me a pm if you want.

jeenyusss
04-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I will pm when I'm not on my phone haha.. What were the size/tires/location/model rim of them? Thanks:)