PDA

View Full Version : Got Tuned on the 3.8 :)

04EP3Hatch
04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Well guys, it all went down today :) and after about all 13 full throttle dyno pulls, she made some good power. The part throttle is amazing, but i need to go back for a little LIGHT throttle tuning, like under 10% TPS, it bucks lightly while im just resting on the pedal to keep a steady speed. But on to the info :mbiggrin::

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4470400849_6c4419fe30.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs466.snc3/25599_111544075543053_100000623832794_138652_12833 74_n.jpg

RC440's
Pulleyboys 3.8
Injen CAI
Blox Velocity Stack
thermal wrapped Kiddracing Raceheader
HKS Hi-power
Hondata IMG
Throttle body coolant bypass
Gates Micro-V AT 61.5" belt (amazing, all that said)

The car feels like it has all the power the dyno stated. i have 225 series BFG Gforce T/A KDW's and in first gear, even on a warm sunny day like today, light's them clean up, as soon as i punch it, and if i hit second, spins clean through it :mcool:

Here's a rematch vid of my brothers 13.5 second chrysler 300 for referance:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=1265191798741&ref=mf

superstocksi
04-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Nice looking power. I do have a question for you though. IIRC, you had some n/a dynos posted here before the crash. I was wondering if that graph was taken from the "shoot out mode," that he uses to compare to dynojets.
Either way, I'm sure the car is fun to drive. I have a supercharger going on soon. I'm also getting rid of my BFG Gforce T/A KDWs (two of them are bald) and trying out the Hankook Ventus V12s (just ordered from the tirerack). The BFGs got loud as fuck after about half the tread was gone, and they had some crazy resonace at like 40-45 mph that sucked.
Also, could you post that vid somewhere else. I haven't used my facebook account in so long that I forgot my password.

04EP3Hatch
04-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Nice looking power. I do have a question for you though. IIRC, you had some n/a dynos posted here before the crash. I was wondering if that graph was taken from the "shoot out mode," that he uses to compare to dynojets.
Either way, I'm sure the car is fun to drive. I have a supercharger going on soon. I'm also getting rid of my BFG Gforce T/A KDWs (two of them are bald) and trying out the Hankook Ventus V12s (just ordered from the tirerack). The BFGs got loud as fuck after about half the tread was gone, and they had some crazy resonace at like 40-45 mph that sucked.
Also, could you post that vid somewhere else. I haven't used my facebook account in so long that I forgot my password.

yea this was in shootout mode, which he said if i threw it on anyone elses dyno jet he would guess i would make over 230 on someone else's. He compared my dyno to another ep3 he tuned that had meth and was hitting 8.5psi, and he only made 1 more hp than me!

BlownSi05
04-15-2010, 04:45 AM
LMAO....I love looking at the dyno plots of the JRSC EP3s. The lines are so smooth....lol:mbiggrin:

Awesome looking graph and great numbers to be honest. My question is since it seems that you got the low boost thing settled, what was you max PSI from the blower?

Good stuff man! Definitely happy for you.:mcool:

Kerby
04-15-2010, 08:16 AM
wonder what you'd hit what a maxbore TB, SC inlet, and massaged manifold.

dkid15
04-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Strong work. Your from albany? We should meet up some time at the kohls lot on central.

jerseyjew
04-15-2010, 03:29 PM

I will have a MAXBORE TB up for sale/trade for an OEM TB very soon. The swap for an OEM just makes it a little difficult to arrange. Nice #'s broseph!

04EP3Hatch
04-15-2010, 07:34 PM
LMAO....I love looking at the dyno plots of the JRSC EP3s. The lines are so smooth....lol:mbiggrin:

Awesome looking graph and great numbers to be honest. My question is since it seems that you got the low boost thing settled, what was you max PSI from the blower?

Good stuff man! Definitely happy for you.:mcool:

We'll i didnt exactly get it settled, just realized the setup was too efficient to see a higher boost on this pulley, even though its the 3.8. i made a perfectly steady 7.8 psi. the boost plot was so smooth, no dips or anything!

I'd imagine it'd be a drastic difference. and then go to say a three inch exhaust afterworkds? 8)

I will have a MAXBORE TB up for sale/trade for an OEM TB very soon. The swap for an OEM just makes it a little difficult to arrange. Nice #'s broseph!

oh shit really? where you located? and did the maxbore match up with the inlet casting? or did that have to be maxbore'd too

beechstreet
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
:clap2:

K20wagon
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM

Lol I like seeing this to, its almost an exact straight line. But very good numbers and i wish my engine bay looked like yours all clean and shit.

BlownSi05
04-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Jesus basically 8 PSI and making 241?! I bet its that damn header that flows so well. Man you should definitely pick up that MAXBORE TB and inlet from JerseyJew:mtongue:

superchargedk20
04-16-2010, 09:14 AM
nice man. glad ur enjoyin the boosted life

04EP3Hatch
04-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Lol I like seeing this to, its almost an exact straight line. But very good numbers and i wish my engine bay looked like yours all clean and shit.

haha that photo was taken by some kid at a meet, but the bay isnt that clean all the time, i have to put my hands through hell to clean it good like that lol

Jesus basically 8 PSI and making 241?! I bet its that damn header that flows so well. Man you should definitely pick up that MAXBORE TB and inlet from JerseyJew:mtongue:

omg i should, i really should lol ill need like a 3.1 pulley to hit 10psi with all this shit, especially when i get my 3" exhaust and intake.

nice man. glad ur enjoyin the boosted life

thanks man :) i am very much, but im getting bored already lol i want more! this sumer should be interesting. 3" intake and exhaust, clutch, meth, cams?, tiny pulley :)

04EP3Hatch
04-16-2010, 03:47 PM

oh and also remember, the day was absolutely perfect, temperature and humidty wise, if i hope on a dynojet when it's 80 degrees out i DOUBT ill make that number again ya know? even though once the car is fully heatsoaked, it seems to run better.. weird. Well we never shut it off on the dyno lol 2 and a half hours straight

gtimportfanatic
04-17-2010, 12:55 AM
wow.. so i'm calling you out buddy! lol for shits and giggles when we come back this way or if im out that way

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/damion666/Andre-K20A3-7psi-Turbo.jpg

superchargedk20
04-17-2010, 02:22 PM
:ohsnap:

sLiCk
04-17-2010, 05:28 PM
The graph says 'flywheel hp'. I assume it's actually whp?

gtimportfanatic
04-17-2010, 07:13 PM
yeah.. iono maybe because its in shootout mode or supm... i dont remember.. but the dyno is a lower reading dyno so the shootout mode gets it closer to like a dynojet or some other dynos

04EP3Hatch
04-17-2010, 10:02 PM
haha im game man! lets see what 20hp difference will do on the street :)

04EP3Hatch
04-17-2010, 10:13 PM
ill have some vid's for you guys for sure tomorrow, the EP's going on a diet. fully gutted :) first run will be with an 03 EVO8 with intake and turboback, should be close :)

gtimportfanatic
04-18-2010, 04:30 AM
:pop2: