PDA

View Full Version : valve cover

Andieldiablo
04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
so ive been wanting the red valve cover and ive been debating on buying a red one or just rattle caning my stock one, whts the best route to go? and best paint to use

MadLorEP3
04-15-2010, 12:29 AM
dont buy it bro
not worth it
only difference is the color
if you paint it with vht wrinkle red paint it will looks exactly the same
just shave the paint off the honda sign

Andieldiablo
04-15-2010, 10:50 PM
alright kool, thanx a bunch tht'll probably be my lil weekend fun lol

MadLorEP3
04-17-2010, 12:47 AM
I havent done it myself but tons of people have and its on my to do list

Sucka
04-17-2010, 12:59 AM
I would just personally buy the jdm one. (which i have)

Reason for buying the JDM one is because Cali law is strict as you know. If the cops see that red valve cover they already know that it's a motor swap or think it's a motor swap. And you know here you go from there...

I just keep my Silver one on the side.

If you do decide to spray can it. Just make sure it has alot of wrinkles! When my brother still have his sohc eg we used 2 different types of spray cans. It turned out really good! alot of wrinkles where you can actually feel it!

MadLorEP3
04-17-2010, 01:05 AM
dont waste $150 to $200 on a jdm vc but then again if your ballin and money aint a thing then go for it

if you want to keep a spare just buy another regular vc for $50 and spray it

so you save money and have a spare one for whatever you might like to do with it

Distance
04-17-2010, 06:19 AM
save your money and put it towards something else. valve cover doesn't do anything but make your bay look nice or rice depending on whos looking at it. unless you like the unwanted attention.

Manny Kid 15
04-17-2010, 08:06 AM
save your money and put it towards something else. valve cover doesn't do anything but make your bay look nice or rice depending on whos looking at it. unless you like the unwanted attention.

i am planning to get my VC painted as well i have seen them done really nicely and its a gets compliments when you are showing off your engine bay

Distance
04-17-2010, 08:25 AM
i am planning to get my VC painted as well i have seen them done really nicely and its a gets compliments when you are showing off your engine bay

oh dont worry manny. ive had intentions on painting my VC also but since we live in CA im trying to stay off the radar as much as possible. i've gotten plenty of "is this stock?" when i pop my hood. yay for sleeper?

Manny Kid 15
04-17-2010, 08:36 AM
must be nice to have a JRSC in there to show off... i cant wait to get my Turbo by the end of this year.....WOOT WOOT:mbiggrin:

Distance
04-17-2010, 08:42 AM
must be nice to have a JRSC in there to show off... i cant wait to get my Turbo by the end of this year.....WOOT WOOT:mbiggrin:

off topic but if i could do it all over agian i'd swap motors first lool.

Manny Kid 15
04-17-2010, 08:46 AM
off topic but if i could do it all over agian i'd swap motors first lool.

yeah thats what i am contimplating right now but its a shit load...but i was thinking of just getting a A2 since it has the three stages of VTEC instead of our 2 stages