PDA

View Full Version : Side marker light out.

ttttrigg3r
04-16-2010, 06:51 PM
So my front right side marker light and my rear left side marker light is out. Are there fuses for these? I'd hate to have to take off the bumpers if there are fuses for these lights.

Twisted-X
04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Are you sure the bulbs aren't just blown? If they are, the side markers just pop out of the bumpers. The rear bulbs can be replaced without even removing the side markers. The fronts are removed by sliding the marker toward your doors(or away? can't remember) until you can see the little plastic spring thing on the back of the marker, then take a flat blade screw driver covered in tape and compress the plastic spring to pop it out.

ttttrigg3r
04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Ok my front ones work all of the sudden. Now it's just my driver rear side marker. How do I check the bulb without even removing it?

Twisted-X
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Lay on the ground right under the side marker and reach up to where the bulb harness is. Turn the bulb harness counter-clockwise a quarter turn and pull out. Remove the bulb and see if its burnt. This may be more difficult if you are a larger person...

Also assumes near stock ride height.

ep3steez
04-20-2010, 08:21 PM
You can pull the light housing off with a little force, but don't pull too rough because you don't want to break the tab that holds it on. Once off you can simply turn the bulb and pop it out. Mine have gone out before and all i did was buy new bulbs at a local auto store.