PDA

View Full Version : Why..........................

mitchep3typer
04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Is it only me or is Ephatch's site working for a few days then not working? I couldnt get on last night or this morning and it seems to happen more and more often? Whats going on? If its just my computer sorry for the post.

Mitch

LouisianaEP3
04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
It did it to me earlier this morning.

Passenger
04-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Nah its not just you.

mitchep3typer
04-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Nah its not just you.

Out of all the car forums, this is the only one that has issues every week. Makes me wonder how hard it is to actually run a forum.

Passenger
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Out of all the car forums, this is the only one that has issues every week. Makes me wonder how hard it is to actually run a forum.

Yeah, idk what the deal is with it. Im a patient guy but it gets old after awhile.

WhiteComet
04-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Agreed. I check this site pretty often and it's really annoying to get so many random crashes. The site has lost so much content because of major crashes already.

IMO we should really look into merging with clubep3, Ive read that their owner was interested in buying the database off this site. We'd have alot more content, less crashes, and a much larger combined userbase on a declining niche.

Sucka
04-19-2010, 11:57 AM
It happend to me too.

MadLorEP3
04-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Agreed. I check this site pretty often and it's really annoying to get so many random crashes. The site has lost so much content because of major crashes already.

IMO we should really look into merging with clubep3, Ive read that their owner was interested in buying the database off this site. We'd have alot more content, less crashes, and a much larger combined userbase on a declining niche.

Agreed,

When I was trying to logon yesterday I somehow ended up seeing ephatch information on google
and its worth was estimated at less than $30,000 thats extremely cheap assuming its accurate.

It would be a great benefit to the ep3 owners everywhere if the two sites can come to some sort of understanding but based on some threads that I was reading when the hatch was down
it seems that there is some type of animosity btw certain mods from both sites

I just want a site that is reliable and won't crash so often

Clubep3 from the short time that I've been on the boards seems pretty stable but the majority of the traffic is f course on ephatch that is when its up and running

I just want the best of both worlds, more traffic=more information, but at the same time stability and security of all the information on these boards

mitchep3typer
04-19-2010, 12:00 PM

One thing I have noticed is the current members and online members is getting lower and lower.

Project Yellow
04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
The site was down for a bit this morning, I thought it was just finally blocked at work becasue they were tired of me spending all day on it...

Cheer up guys... don't hate the flaws, the sites still here. We don't know whats going on "behind the scenes".

mitchep3typer
04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
The site was down for a bit this morning, I thought it was just finally blocked at work becasue they were tired of me spending all day on it...

Cheer up guys... don't hate the flaws, the sites still here. We don't know whats going on "behind the scenes".

Thats the thing, why are none of the other sites having behind the scene issue?????? I cant recall any forum being on and off like this one. The problem IS I LOVE EPHATCH, but its unrelaible to post anything new it seems.

RedSiBaron
04-19-2010, 01:33 PM
hey guys, i dont see a single one of your names in green (well except madlorglk), if this is a problem for you, maybe you should consider becoming site sponsors so that there is more money to pay for a more stable setup

jeenyusss
04-19-2010, 04:05 PM
wasnt working for me yesterday but i dont get on as much anymore

the JigGa mAn
04-19-2010, 04:21 PM
hey guys, i dont see a single one of your names in green (well except madlorglk), if this is a problem for you, maybe you should consider becoming site sponsors so that there is more money to pay for a more stable setup

clubep3 doesnt have all these sponsors/vendors, or have all this advertisement, and they are running better than the hatch.

mitchep3typer
04-19-2010, 05:04 PM

Nice...... So make a premium section? Ill gladly throw in 5 bucks a month paypal. The thing is It should be running 110% before people are paying to keep a site open. Not to mention RedSiBaron, but some of us volunteer valuable Information to make ephatch what it was/is.......

Maybe this thread will spark attention for a premium section, and a kinda wake up call on where this site is headed. This site was super bad ass In my opinion at its peak, But its kinda disappointing now.

jedimario
04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
The hosting for this site is atrocious, it's true.

MadLorEP3
04-19-2010, 06:19 PM

I agree with that as well
i think that we should try to give back to the site that we benefit from as well
If we have enough money to be spending on out cars Im sure we can shell out a few bucks to help out here and be a sponsor

kprocivic
04-19-2010, 06:54 PM
it has been acting a little fishy lately, and the number of members and posts have greatly reduced since the latest crash. I take it for what it is a car forum and nothing more than that. i met a bunch of cool m and effers on the site though and most are gone. oh well recruit more people, ill still be here as this was my v-taker to car forums and i intend on staying. seven o clock and im on my 6th beer guess ill walk to the gym today.

shortstop
04-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I agree with OP, site crashing is kind of a bummer with losing all the info and stuff I'm curious about for our cars................

RHCP0801
04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
this site is the worst forum i have ever been on server wise, not one forum has been crashed so many times and been out for so long.....i still cant log on sometimes with the same problem you have. i barely log on or post at all ever since the last crash, this site is going downhill big time

RedSiBaron
04-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Nice...... So make a premium section? Ill gladly throw in 5 bucks a month paypal. The thing is It should be running 110% before people are paying to keep a site open. Not to mention RedSiBaron, but some of us volunteer valuable Information to make ephatch what it was/is.......

Maybe this thread will spark attention for a premium section, and a kinda wake up call on where this site is headed. This site was super bad ass In my opinion at its peak, But its kinda disappointing now.

ya some of us do INCLUDING ME! I havnt built turbo monsters but when it comes to a great many things im one of the first to respond with useful information...the problem is mary and golan are doing the best they can and they are busy with life, not the intertubes, but still make time for US, they need help from people!

people at some point you need to shit or get off the pot. if you want ephatch to be what it deserves to be you need to offer what you can up...either show up or shut up

Passenger
04-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah but the same thing happened when it crashed a couple of years ago, people got to where they wouldn't get on nearly as much or at all then it took a little bit of time to rebuild the population. Not that big of a deal if you ask me.. itll come back up sooner or later.
And as far as clubep3 not needing vendors or not having them.. Um hello? They have a store.. they sell tons of stuff Im sure thats how they make ends meet.

I had no idea you had to be a greenie in order to have an opinion / complaint about the site.

RedSiBaron
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
fine, but if you want something in this world you need to earn it or pay for it, put up or shut up...i know many of the people that run this site, they are doing more than their fair share, it takes money, time and support to run a stable forum...it takes a lot more than people realize...shit, redpepperracing.com has as many errors as we do and it is 100% privately run, owned, servered, and backed up(they back up once a day) and it has far more errors that we do on ephatch, not to mention they host their own gallery system that works even less regularly...if you think you can do it better, then do it...if you cant, offer solutions...

Passenger
04-19-2010, 09:18 PM
fine, but if you want something in this world you need to earn it or pay for it, put up or shut up...i know many of the people that run this site, they are doing more than their fair share, it takes money, time and support to run a stable forum...it takes a lot more than people realize...shit, redpepperracing.com has as many errors as we do and it is 100% privately run, owned, servered, and backed up(they back up once a day) and it has far more errors that we do on ephatch, not to mention they host their own gallery system that works even less regularly...if you think you can do it better, then do it...if you cant, offer solutions...

Thats part of the job though.. and I appreciate Mary and Golan, they know I do but for one you shouldn't have to put money down to say hey whats the deal with the site being buggy as hell, won't load even the home page every other day, etc. Also, I don't see how this turned into a "pay ephatch money, and thatll fix everything" thread. That isn't what this is about, its about whats going on, let us know something and let us know if you're doing something or anything. And yes Im very aware that everyone that are running this site are doing they're best, Im not arguing that. Im saying i think its shit that no one should say anything unless you've given them money. You oughta be a politician, you're in the wrong business.

kprocivic
04-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I had no idea you had to be a greenie in order to have an opinion / complaint about the site.

Yeah man you didn't get the email, lol. jk

RedSiBaron
04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Thats part of the job though.. and I appreciate Mary and Golan, they know I do but for one you shouldn't have to put money down to say hey whats the deal with the site being buggy as hell, won't load even the home page every other day, etc. Also, I don't see how this turned into a "pay ephatch money, and thatll fix everything" thread. That isn't what this is about, its about whats going on, let us know something and let us know if you're doing something or anything. And yes Im very aware that everyone that are running this site are doing they're best, Im not arguing that. Im saying i think its shit that no one should say anything unless you've given them money. You oughta be a politician, you're in the wrong business.

ok, see i think we are miss-communicating, I really dont think that people should have to pay money to fix the problem, but its more if you know how to fix it, offer information, or otherwise offer up help to solve it...i've been out of the computer business far too long to offer any sort of help, whats the best way i can help, pay a fee to support the site i love so much...

we only have control over what we have control over...

if you complain, but cant do anything more, then whats the point besides bringing to attention something the people who run the site already know...

you either find a solution, offer a solution, or pay to find a solution...

thats all i am saying...

if any of us care its our own responsibility to find a solution to the problem and we all need to work together to solve it

i personally am too busy until june due to school, but in june when i finish my thesis ill be more than willing to help figure out a solution. until then ill pay my fee

i dont look at this from the point of view of a politician, i look at it from the view of a buddhist...we all have control, we all have power...complaining about something is simply your lack of willing to take control and do something about it...if its 100% outside your control, then its your task to accept it...

though passenger, i enjoy your argument on the matter, thankyou :mbiggrin: (thats not meant sarcastically)

Passenger
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah man you didn't get the email, lol. jk
lol

ok, see i think we are miss-communicating, I really dont think that people should have to pay money to fix the problem, but its more if you know how to fix it, offer information, or otherwise offer up help to solve it...i've been out of the computer business far too long to offer any sort of help, whats the best way i can help, pay a fee to support the site i love so much...
we only have control over what we have control over...
if you complain, but cant do anything more, then whats the point besides bringing to attention something the people who run the site already know...
you either find a solution, offer a solution, or pay to find a solution...
thats all i am saying...
if any of us care its our own responsibility to find a solution to the problem and we all need to work together to solve it
i personally am too busy until june due to school, but i june when i finish my thesis ill be more than willing to help figure out a solution. until then ill pay my fee
i dont look at this from the point of view of a politician, i look at it from the view of a buddhist...we all have control, we all have power...complaining about something is simply your lack of willing to take control and do something about it...if its 100% outside your control, then its your task to accept it...
though passenger, i enjoy your argument on the matter, thankyou :mbiggrin: (thats not meant sarcastically)

Im a man who appreciates a good clean argument every now and then. Nah I think I just might've read something wrong or whatever but either way I see your point but back on mine, the site needs to be fixed, theres nothing I can input that would, Im a broke college student, and I don't have paypal.
oh and likewise, pal. :hugs:

RedSiBaron
04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Im a man who appreciates a good clean argument every now and then. Nah I think I just might've read something wrong or whatever but either way I see your point but back on mine, the site needs to be fixed, theres nothing I can input that would, Im a broke college student, and I don't have paypal.
oh and likewise, pal. :hugs:

totally dude :hugs: , i wish i could do more...something needs to get fixed, but i dont know what to say...i know mary and golan need the help, and feel that someone on this site should be helping and they are not and it makes me sad...we ep3 owners are going to be bastard children of the civic world if we dont stick together and i want ephatch to be that place

MadLorEP3
04-19-2010, 09:59 PM
And they lived happily ever after^^^^^ :thatsall:

Chromium4500
04-19-2010, 10:29 PM
totally dude :hugs: , i wish i could do more...something needs to get fixed, but i dont know what to say...i know mary and golan need the help, and feel that someone on this site should be helping and they are not and it makes me sad...we ep3 owners are going to be bastard children of the civic world if we dont stick together and i want ephatch to be that place

Ditto.

mitchep3typer
04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
I personally will host or participate in a paypal donation thread if the Operators of the site want to throw some literature up about how the money can be used to help the site........ Lets get the ball rolling!

5.00 each could really go a long way if even half the members would do it. Lets think about a premium section Operators

Passenger
04-20-2010, 07:10 AM
If there's a way I can pay without the use of paypal, like a money order or something, I'll see what I can do. Won't be a whole lot but it'll be something, if it'll help.

jeenyusss
04-20-2010, 07:43 AM
i think like most people if the site is running smooth and stuff they would donate. i have donated in the past but right now i dont really want to. i like ephatch a lot but i, as some other people i would assume are saying... "whats the point if this things going to crash in year". i wanna bring the hatch back, but can we use a server that every other forum (k20a,kseries,clubep3/rsx,etc.) are using. I have never seen any of those sites down before. always seems to be the hatch :(

mitchep3typer
04-20-2010, 07:53 AM
i think like most people if the site is running smooth and stuff they would donate. i have donated in the past but right now i dont really want to. i like ephatch a lot but i, as some other people i would assume are saying... "whats the point if this things going to crash in year". i wanna bring the hatch back, but can we use a server that every other forum (k20a,kseries,clubep3/rsx,etc.) are using. I have never seen any of those sites down before. always seems to be the hatch :(

Still waiting for the Operators to chime in and present an alternative solution.

cronicEP
04-20-2010, 08:07 AM
yeah happened to me yesterday too. took all day before i could get on...lame...love the site but i wish it was more crash free

Project Yellow
04-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Well maybe when Mary or Golan get a chance to look at this thread they will think of something, if people are willing to donate and move to another host- or whatever the donations would be put towards, I'm sure people would like to donate. I don't really like paypal either, so I agree with the options to send a money order.

mitchep3typer
04-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Well maybe when Mary or Golan get a chance to look at this thread they will think of something, if people are willing to donate and move to another host- or whatever the donations would be put towards, I'm sure people would like to donate. I don't really like paypal either, so I agree with the options to send a money order.

pp is one of the safest ways to pay anyone these days. I have been using paypal for over 6 yrs 0 flaws.

the JigGa mAn
04-20-2010, 08:28 AM
who owns the site?

Project Yellow
04-20-2010, 08:34 AM
who owns the site?

The interweb.

SinisterCivicSi
04-20-2010, 09:05 AM
thank you all that posted and gave their honest opinions and observations. i have forwarded an email to our server host including many of your comments for their review. their claims of us having a dependable DEDICATED server must have been hype... we need a fix and we need it immediatly. we (staff) are just as frustrated as you are - especially when you pay for a years service up front and get this type of service in return..

all i can say for now until i receive a reply is to please hang in there with us, we appriciate your patience and loyalty... if we need to go to a new server host we will do that, but the details of our current contract needs to be figured out before any move can be made.

and to address to merging of clubep3/crsx and epahtch - that is not in the works and to my knowledge the owners are not interested in selling to chris dye at this time.

the JigGa mAn
04-20-2010, 10:12 AM
thank you all that posted and gave their honest opinions and observations. i have forwarded an email to our server host including many of your comments for their review. their claims of us having a dependable DEDICATED server must have been hype... we need a fix and we need it immediatly. we (staff) are just as frustrated as you are - especially when you pay for a years service up front and get this type of service in return..

all i can say for now until i receive a reply is to please hang in there with us, we appriciate your patience and loyalty... if we need to go to a new server host we will do that, but the details of our current contract needs to be figured out before any move can be made.

and to address to merging of clubep3/crsx and epahtch - that is not in the works and to my knowledge the owners are not interested in selling to chris dye at this time.

who are the owners?

jeenyusss
04-20-2010, 11:06 AM
and why is it such a secret lol

im saying maybe ephatch could use the same servers all the other sites use bc they are never down

CHASEEE
04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
The site has been unstable, but I'm thankful it's here. I appreciate all the work that has gone into this forum.

I've been lurking more on the clubep3 forum since the EPhatch upgrade and unstableness, and it's clear it lacks the passion and enthusiasm this forum has. What I DO like about clubep3 is the simplicity, uptime, and quickness. Why do we need a DIY and How-To section? Why do we keep losing months of information?

I'm not bashing on this forum. I love it. But if there is something that needs to be done then we'll help out and see it through. There is no reason we can't have the best ep forum on the Internet.

StraightEP3
04-21-2010, 04:25 AM
Im up for a donaton section....maybe not 5 a month but I'd chip in a 10 - 15 dollar annual payment.....that would be a lot if everyone would donate. Lets get that up and going !!

Project Yellow
04-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Im up for a donaton section....maybe not 5 a month but I'd chip in a 10 - 15 dollar annual payment.....that would be a lot if everyone would donate. Lets get that up and going !!

Mary, would a donations thread help any? I understand we have to finish out the current contract, but if people are willing to donate to move to a better server/host/whatever.

SinisterCivicSi
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM
and why is it such a secret lol

im saying maybe ephatch could use the same servers all the other sites use bc they are never down

its not a secret - they chose to remain anonomous (sp) so i am keeping a promise that i made. its not my information to give out or my place. if they choose to announce it then its up to them. i am here to service the ephatch community and do what i can to keep the forum's clean and organized... not to put peoples information out on the internetz. lol

chris dye did not divulge his server host information so i wouldnt know who he uses. if anyone knows or would like to find out, by all means you can ask. right now we are tied to the year contract but i found out that our account was upgraded further to avoid the overages we were experiencing. they are looking into our peak times and the server performance to see if its a server side issue or the site itself. :msmile:

The site has been unstable, but I'm thankful it's here. I appreciate all the work that has gone into this forum.

I've been lurking more on the clubep3 forum since the EPhatch upgrade and unstableness, and it's clear it lacks the passion and enthusiasm this forum has. What I DO like about clubep3 is the simplicity, uptime, and quickness. Why do we need a DIY and How-To section? Why do we keep losing months of information?

I'm not bashing on this forum. I love it. But if there is something that needs to be done then we'll help out and see it through. There is no reason we can't have the best ep forum on the Internet.

thank you for the love! we are now having 2 seperate people at seperate locations doing weekly backups of the site, so i dont think any info loss will happen again. we covered and recovered our butts this time. lol

no no no thats not necessary. lol you guys help tremendously by upgrading to site sponsors. that helps with the site and is more than enough. we got on netfirms about the issue, they were unaware of our downtime and are looking into it to find out whats going on.

Mary, would a donations thread help any? I understand we have to finish out the current contract, but if people are willing to donate to move to a better server/host/whatever.

once our contract is up, if netfirms cant get things running right by then, we will definatly be going elsewhere. we will see how it goes in the next couple weeks. they are going to upgrade our server to a higher plan but they have to turn the site off for about an hour to do the upgrades to the server. i told them to do it on a timeframe where we are not busy... they are reviewing a good time to do that... hopefully this should happen some time this week.

username011
04-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I love ephatch but I hate how this site is always down every few wks it seams, ive joined A LOT of forums on the internet and this one is by far the least stable.. but eh..whatever I guess..

we got a good community here and the mods /admins do a great job at keeping the trolls and other less desirables out. So I'll just deal and hope it gets more stable one day.

Onasty
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Why is it there is so much B****in about the site if you dont like it dont log in...everyone that has the power is doing everything that they can while battling with their own life issues. When comparing ephatch to other sites i'd much rather b on the hatch any day even when its not fully functional or when it has ups and downs. Without this site my car would be stock looking ridiculous, this site and the people on this site contribute a lot when i deal with my car. If you think it can be down better than start running your own forum and tell me how it goes...other than that stfu and appreciate what everyone is trying to do to please you...if you feel like this is directed towards you then good cuz it is